Sheff Utd Home Game

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mighty Sheffield United swagger noisily into town – again.

How long is it now, 12yrs? Probably feels like it to them.

Big City, big crowds, and an oversize opinion of themselves in the quicksand of football.

You can imagine the banter as they swarm over the Pennines on their way to play Oldham (******g) Athletic in League1.

What could possibly go wrong?  

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well worked goal, another 45 like that will do, they rarely troubled us, just hope Fane can avoid another loose challenge, whilst it wasn't bad the referee was always going to book him with studs up.

Indeed happy with that however think they may come out a different team second half. 3 at the back is working well too.

Great result and whole team played well and deserved a draw.Tope motm for me .Rock steady defence and good tackling in midfield.If we can continue in the same vein under Shez then we will stay up.Good support for us.Hardly heard Sheff until they scored from their few chances

Bit uneventful but enjoyed it - amazing what an atmosphere can do...

Fane standout for me but most had decent games against an underwhelming Sheffield side.

Taylor looks devoid of confidence to me when compared to Tope, who's always looking for the ball and to take the man on. Surprised he didn't play Flynn, who might have had a point to prove today.

Decent point overall though, especially considering Port Vale drew at home in a winnable fixture and Shrewsbury lost at home for the first time in months.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Bit uneventful but enjoyed it - amazing what an atmosphere can do...

Fane standout for me but most had decent games against an underwhelming Sheffield side.

Taylor looks devoid of confidence to me when compared to Tope, who's always looking for the ball and to take the man on. Surprised he didn't play Flynn, who might have had a point to prove today.

Decent point overall though, especially considering Port Vale drew at home in a winnable fixture and Shrewsbury lost at home for the first time in months.

I thought Taylor had a good game today. It wasn't his fault no-one passed to him in the 2nd half. 

He did a job at LB too, his clearance after a goal-mouth scramble was spot-on.

Fane played well, as did Green and Erwin. Tope was the standout for me though.

Happy with that, but I expected more from Sheff Utd, our set up was pretty solid although George got a bit lost under the ball for their goal he quickly settled down and did ok considering they were roughing him up a bit. Tope mom for me he looks a threat when he gets the ball and got in the right position for our well worked goal. Well done Shez he seems to be getting that extra 10% out of players.

Green MOM for me today

never stopped running, winning tackles in midfield 

mentions too for Tope, Erwin, Clarke , Gerrard and Connor Ripley 

good atmosphere too

based on that performance, not sure how Sheff Utd are that far clear at the top

there seemed to be genuine respect between both teams' players at the end