Sheff Utd Home Game

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the criticism of the away fans during the minutes silence is harsh. You don't listen to announcements or listen out for what's happening in the stands if you're out back having a drink pre match. 

To to be fair to them as it got louder near the end I think the ones in the stand changed from silence to applause before the end of the minute to try and drown it out. 

Besides, the fans outside pre match probably made the most noise heard from them all game bar immediately after their goal. ?

36 minutes ago, Chris Richard said:

Did anyone else spot the fisticuffs between Clarke and Banks? Banks was tanting all game about everything but to push your own caption is so just stupid. Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see banks for a few weeks. 

Yep, Clarke was probably remonstrating with Banks about the freedom their scorer had. Banks then pushed back towards Clarke.

As long as both players stay on the pitch and it is calmed down in the dressing room afterwards, I've got no issue with it. You will get disagreements that turn slightly physical in most jobs at one time or another.

1 hour ago, Chris Richard said:

Did anyone else spot the fisticuffs between Clarke and Banks? Banks was tanting all game about everything but to push your own caption is so just stupid. Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see banks for a few weeks. 

Doubt it. That's the sort of spirit I'd not associate with Banks - he was also quite vocal yesterday, which you'd expect Shez to like.

That said, there was a ten second spell yesterday which summed up Banks to me, when he played about three delicate one-two's with Green or Taylor after we were penned in, developed into a break but over-hit a simple pass and we lost it. They then ran back at us and he was too slow to catch his man and made a shocking challenge.

He's so hot and cold, but I think Green and Fane next to him gives us some reassurance when he inevitably does something stupid. That said, I'd hope we could improve on him over the summer.

Why the fuck is Banks still on free kick taking duties ? We were in some really good positions yesterday , yet that fucking tackle avoiding bitch over hit every single one of em. Somebody should have gripped the ball of him and told him to fuck off. If I was a ball boy I'd refuse to chuck it to him when we have a wide free kick. 

To summarise, he's not my favourite player. We could do so much better than him. But isn't he contracted to next season too ? Nice one Robbo. Take the cunt to Motherwell please. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why the fuck is Banks still on free kick taking duties ? We were in some really good positions yesterday , yet that fucking tackle avoiding bitch over hit every single one of em. Somebody should have gripped the ball of him and told him to fuck off. If I was a ball boy I'd refuse to chuck it to him when we have a wide free kick. 

To summarise, he's not my favourite player. We could do so much better than him. But isn't he contracted to next season too ? Nice one Robbo. Take the cunt to Motherwell please. 

It's odd. His corners were excellent, his free kicks were hopeless.

7 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Massive weekend with two great results.

The Lions nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in yesterdays opener by surrendering a 47pt lead but hung on by two and Latics made Sheff United look bang average. Thank you Slovenian TV!

You'll have to tell me how you did that Lionheart

from

Mr "IT challenged" NSW

don't head over to the SUFC forum - they've absolutely slated us...no wonder nobody likes them. All glad that they don't have to visit the likes of Rochdale / Oldham / Bury again....with their budget they should be embarrassed it's taken them so long. Hope they go up and get mullered and have to 'lower' themselves to our level again.

3 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

don't head over to the SUFC forum - they've absolutely slated us...no wonder nobody likes them. All glad that they don't have to visit the likes of Rochdale / Oldham / Bury again....with their budget they should be embarrassed it's taken them so long. Hope they go up and get mullered and have to 'lower' themselves to our level again.

Slated what? Team, fans, pitch, town....?

Lol.They came over to our town pretending to be wolves ready for an easy kill  and headed back over the hills like lambs probably saying bahhhhhhhhhh bloody pitch cost us or any other excuse to suit apart from saying we played well and more than matched them.We silenced the lambs??