Sheff Utd Home Game

Well that was unexpected but well take it especially playing with 10 men...what the hell is wrong with Taylor? We were weak down that side and tope had to pass onto himself in space in the second half as Taylor was still in our half. 

And nd there fans, bloody hell, only really heard them when they equalized but well take their money.

good point and enjoyable too phew

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

Well that was unexpected but well take it especially playing with 10 men...what the hell is wrong with Taylor? We were weak down that side and tope had to pass onto himself in space in the second half as Taylor was still in our half. 

And nd there fans, bloody hell, only really heard them when they equalized but well take their money.

good point and enjoyable too phew

He was playing as a wing back today, he's not always going to be available further up the pitch. Personally, I thought he had quite a good game. 

15 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He was playing as a wing back today, he's not always going to be available further up the pitch. Personally, I thought he had quite a good game. 

Not his customary position but I thought he was quite disciplined today, he had a job to do and stuck to it.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I thought Taylor had a good game today. It wasn't his fault no-one passed to him in the 2nd half. 

He did a job at LB too, his clearance after a goal-mouth scramble was spot-on.

Fane played well, as did Green and Erwin. Tope was the standout for me though.

It's not that Taylor didn't do the basics okay, it's that he never tried to do anything beyond that.

He just didn't really do much. Bit insipid, which isn't what I expected when we re-signed him.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It's not that Taylor didn't do the basics okay, it's that he never tried to do anything beyond that.

He just didn't really do much. Bit insipid, which isn't what I expected when we re-signed him.

Might just be down to Shez's tactics. I thought he got it spot on today. 

Taylor is certainly staying out wide which presumably Shez wants, this means that he can be isolated. However, when the ball has come his way he has generally been ineffective. The one bright point for me today was when for the first time since his return he went outside the full back,we need more of this.

I wouldn't say his return has been a disaster, but it has been disappointing and Flynn must be wondering why he can't get in the team ahead of him.

Great point today.

Obadayi, Green, Erwin, Clarke and Gerrard were all great particularly Obadayi and Green who both covered huge amounts of ground, viewed anything today as a bonus and hope for the same next week at Southend, hope we can keep Obadayi for next season him and Holloway could be a really useful pairing for us next season.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Really? I'm all for slating them Yorkshire twats but they made themselves heard...

Especially during the minutes silence, what was that about? Plus their players didn't wear arm bands. Has the news not reached Yorkshire yet?

Good point and good performance in my opinion. It was the least that  Ripley has had to do in a game for ages. Wilson did brilliantly against the blundering  Hanson and unfortunately edmundson struggled with him which led to their goal. Fine shot though and edmundson did other parts of his game well. Gerrard is improving with each game and his block On Lavery was superb.

i think we are getting better with each game. Shez changed the formation today to suit the opposition and we looked comfortable with it. Taylor and Law were wing backs but spent the majority of the game in sheffields half. The back three first half were immense. The front two ran their bollocks off and won loads of ball. Greens pass inside the full back for Law to cross for the goal was perfect.

I was disappointed with Sheffield for a side which is clear at the top, however they rested some of their more creative players and I think they might have picked a side for the pitch.

Vale and Gillingham might have expected to gain  points on us today and they didn't. 

Small steps but smiling tonight.

Edited by astottie

Bridgette ???‏ @BridgetteG68 4h4 hours ago

We weren't very good today.. #oafc deserved at least a point. They'll stay up #twitterblades

Stuart Pyke‏ @stuartpykesport 4h4 hours ago

Thanks @OfficialOAFC for your hospitality! Great to be back at Boundary Park. Decent point, played well + surely destined for safety

On 05/03/2017 at 11:12 AM, NewBlue said:

They'll outnumber us.

On 05/03/2017 at 1:03 PM, TheBigDog said:

They won't.

On 05/03/2017 at 1:43 PM, NewBlue said:

3750 away fans? Have we had that many home fans for a 24 quid game yet this season?

4,210 from Sheffield 

4,238 from Oldham

Just now, TheBigDog said:

4,210 from Sheffield 

4,238 from Oldham

I reckon they did.

Bet there were more than 14 Sheffield fans in the home end. Two sat in front of me...

Although it was a good home turnout. Weather probably pushed us over the official line.

Fair few blades in our end, saw at least 15 waving in to the away end at FT in the main stand. Doesn't bother me too much, 24 quid each in our pockets. Seen them getting a bit of stick regarding singing in the minute silence, to be fair it wasn't in the stands it was the concourse so I don't think they knew, they're fans in the stand were telling them to be quiet and weren't very happy. On to the game, thought we were excellent, had a feeling we'd get something so put 20 on us to win at 6/1, out of pocket but still very happy with a point. Expected more from them though tbh.

38 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

We played well today but I think the reason they are top is because there are lots of very average teams in this division and it doesn't take much to get into the promotion places this season. Compare that Sheff Utd team to some of the teams that have got promoted from this division over the last few years e.g Southampton. They absolutely battered us on a equally dodgy pitch a few years ago.

Sheff Utd will no doubt get promoted but most probably will be battling relegation with Wilder sacked by October if they don't invest in new players.... 

We can't base too much on one game but in the second half of the season, We've also been playing like a top 10 side we are very tough to beat.

Alot of it comes down to being able to consistently dig out results. They didn't play well today but dug out a draw with what you would have to say was an excellent strike. That's what promotion winning teams do they find a way to get results.

How they go on next season who knows but the likes of Hanson Sharp and Clarke aren't getting any younger so they will need to thing about replacing them and their defence looks like it will struggle against more talented attacks than ours .

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Fair few blades in our end, saw at least 15 waving in to the away end at FT in the main stand. Doesn't bother me too much, 24 quid each in our pockets. Seen them getting a bit of stick regarding singing in the minute silence, to be fair it wasn't in the stands it was the concourse so I don't think they knew, they're fans in the stand were telling them to be quiet and weren't very happy. On to the game, thought we were excellent, had a feeling we'd get something so put 20 on us to win at 6/1, out of pocket but still very happy with a point. Expected more from them though tbh.

The minute's silence wasn't for a poorly publicised incident involving Oldham only, it was for a world wide event which has had widespread news coverage. The actual minute's silence at football has been well-publicised since Wednesday.

The fans responsible either chose to ignore it, or more likely were so drunk they'd forgotten it was happening. It was a 3pm kick-off and they will have the means to tell the time, their capability to do so remains under question. It doesn't matter if they were on the concourse or not, the fact that no-one else was making any noise should have been enough of a clue that they should shut up.

Well done to the one fan who in no uncertain terms told them to shut up. That one fan has disproved the rumour that all of their fans are absolute :censored: 

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

The PA system on the Frizzell Stand concourse is probably the best in the whole stadium.

In bred Yorkshiremen stood there yesterday have no excuse.

It is the only place you can hear it, the PA in the stand is shit.

A couple of Blades sat in front of me in the main stand, no problem with that, they sat and watched the game no jumping up and down when they scored, it really is quite easy to behave in a civil manner.  

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It is the only place you can hear it, the PA in the stand is shit.

A couple of Blades sat in front of me in the main stand, no problem with that, they sat and watched the game no jumping up and down when they scored, it really is quite easy to behave in a civil manner.  

Yeah agree. As I live in Bury I have sat in the Bury end the last 3 times. Keep yourself to yourself and celebrate like mad in your own head. I had to sit on my hands admittedly when we scored that last minute goal a few seasons ago. It's all about respect and not behaving like a nobhead