Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

How did you pay? There's a reply to Matt Chambers tweet about Ledman that someone could't pay by card as the club's bank accounts are frozen?

Renewed mine less than an hour ago by debit card .....so the clubs bank account must have warmed up and thawed out.

11 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

A 3% credit card fee must be pretty close to illegal.  Regulations state retailers:

"Must not charge consumers, in respect of a given means of payment, fees that exceed the costs borne by the trader for the use of that means.”

That's not far off what it can cost to process. 

5 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Not since the EU capped interchange fees at 0.3% in 2015.  I'd say a retail charge of 1% is taking the piss these days.

Interchange is a tiny amount compared to what makes up the merchant service charge levied by payment processing companies (I'll not be as boring here as I was last time interchange was mentioned on here). 

22 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Interchange is a tiny amount compared to what makes up the merchant service charge levied by payment processing companies (I'll not be as boring here as I was last time interchange was mentioned on here). 

I may have overlooked higher merchant fees for high risk businesses!

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

How did you pay? There's a reply to Matt Chambers tweet about Ledman that someone could't pay by card as the club's bank accounts are frozen?

pard on Amex (just gotta get them Emirates miles!) 

£309 inclusive of the fee.

... also just found out that the skipper has signed up so that's positive news for once!

7 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I assume that was online?

nope!  live close by so went to the window - old school lol 

or do you mean the Amex aide of things?  I just realised it went on the Emirates Visa as they wouldn't accept Amex - apologies for duff info!

Edited by thetramfixer

17 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

nope!  live close by so went to the window - old school lol 

or do you mean the Amex aide of things?  I just realised it went on the Emirates Visa as they wouldn't accept Amex - apologies for duff info!

Just jealous of your airline.  Us poor Avios collectors and all that.

6 hours ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

Just saw the video, it is a nice try from the club. A little late and the usual standard affair, but it is more than the basic poster and stupid slogan so well done to the club. Just as I'm praising the club for a video they mess up with the most basic of things, by not replying to emails. If it was one person, I'd suggest resend as it may be fallen into junk or just missed, but three people just on here is poor. 

Add a fourth to that - I sent them an e-mail early Monday morning with no reply. Mentioned it when I was renewing at the ticket office this morning and was told they'd been very busy. Aren't we all!

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

You've given it a good go to be fair :grin:

6 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Fuck me that's worrying.

Not really.

There won't be too many seniors (a big chunk of ST's) rushing to buy just yet, our price doesn't increase until end of April and juniors (under 16) have no time limit on renewal at todays price.

I am a member of a group of 5 old farts and we won't be renewing until towards the end of next month. I will also be renewing for a junior at the same time.

There will a boost the end of this week and steady business in the second half of next month, especially when we secure L1 status. My group are IN whichever league we're in, just as the 900 are. That number actually looks ok to me, at present.

3 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Not had one in a fair few years so don't know about renewing online but I tried buying one online and it won't work.

I tried to get one online on my mobile and it said there were none available.  When I went on the lap top it worked on explorer I think but not chrome.