Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, tGWB said:

Quite a few posts on this thread trying to voice that our Club doesn't seem to have tried at all to reward loyal supporters or attempt to try and attract 'wavering supporters' or indeed any new young support with an attractive Season Ticket offer

That's despite having a number of Board Members who work in Marketing !

Quite a few OWTB Members who appear to be clinging on to their views that no matter what, we will never attract more support than we currently have so what's the point in trying 

A strategy of not bothering to stimulate customers in an ever decreasing number of supporters is partly one of the reasons we find ourselves were we are 

Simon Brooke was advised that this was the route the club had decided to go on. He questioned why only a short term "early bird" window that it was not enough to get one payday only and they did listened with regards to the other pricing. This was only discussed a few weeks before roll out...not like on going discussions say 6 month previous. He gives his time free to the club on non-match days and match days too, he offered advice when asked and questions the status quo when needed. Why then should he offer his own company to help too at his costs when it seems no other board member wants too or is in a position too help?

On a personal note and it will seem harsh, its not a "surprise" every year with regards to coughing up for a season ticket is it. We all know its coming. Just the fact that its been thrown out there without justifying, longer timescales, loyalty been rewarded again I suppose

2 hours ago, underdog said:

On a personal note and it will seem harsh, its not a "surprise" every year with regards to coughing up for a season ticket is it. We all know its coming. Just the fact that its been thrown out there without justifying, longer timescales, loyalty been rewarded again I suppose

As I recall, apart from last year, the early price for a season ticket is typically offered to those who pay by May end.

This years offer was a surprise, we didn't know it was going to be so early or that we would have so little time. Your final sentence lists the three main areas of disappointment. 

Harsh? You're right on that score.

On 23/03/2017 at 0:21 PM, yarddog73 said:

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/special-easter-offer-to-all-rochdale-households-10-family-ticket-3627448.aspx

Dale trying their best to spread the word with 100,000 letters landing on the mats of every house in the town.

The Rochdale paper recycling centre will be busy for a few weeks then. 

100,000 letters doesn't come cheap. So that will be where some of the Hogan money has gone.

This talk of "loyal supporters" being "rewarded" - rewarded for what? 

While I'd prefer to pay less for anything I understand the value of things and as a "loyal supporter" £300 is in the right ball park. I'd rather the club price admission and season tickets at the optimal level to generate the most revenue that can go towards signing & paying better players. I think they've got it about right, all things considered. 

If they could reward me by winning more matches and scoring more goals that would be great. 

What next - let's "reward" "loyal sponsors" by asking them for less money? 

Let's reward loyal suppliers by paying them more than they've asked for? 

Oldham Athletic AFCVerified account @OfficialOAFC 2h2 hours ago

After requests, #oafc have listened to fans & extended the early bird season ticket deadline until 3pm on April 1.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It'll be all change when they tot up the numbers later in the week...

Probably be extended on a day by day basis until they get the numbers required...Marketed by amateurs  :help:

Edited by Combo

Just now, deyres42 said:

Would be interesting to hear how many shifted so far, my money would be on less than 1000...

I'd agree with you on that one, especially as concession prices don't go up after the first deadline.

Not renewing myself, back to uni in September so back to being a pay-on-the-dayer for next season, at least.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I've got no chance of renewing before April 1st and I'm not paying full whack so there's 3 less season tickets for a start.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of this is that you don't need £300 cash right now to take advantage of the £300 season ticket offer. You can pay layer right?