Season Tickets 2017/18

The Rochdale season ticket promotion looks to have had some thought behind it, unlike our own

Looks like we have a 'real trial' on our doorstep of competitive prices linked to supporter take up

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Rochdale aswell. I'd imagine the kick back from the Hogan sell on would have helped them with this pricing strategy, none the less it's a very good offer for their fans.

£500,000 if 2000, down to £440,000 if 4000. So no huge loss for them if they do have to sell at lowest price. They'd probably make up the difference over the season in additional revenue anyway.

A great initiative that doesn't have to impact on the budget.

Existing season ticket holders on the fence or not renewing would only have their minds changed by signings or some other footballing statement of intent from the club, surely?

How would people who pay on the day for more than half the home games be unaware of the cost of a season ticket?

Thinking about it a maildrop to every home in Oldham might work a bit - people who would like to go to football but think £20 a game is too much might find the cost of a season ticket an eye opener. Especially for an adult and 2 kids in the Family Section. Otherwise I still don't get how an advert would prompt anybody to commit to a season ticket who wasn't already going to.

I still don't get how you and McFluff can speak on behalf of every other fan with confidence?

A combined email and social media strategy with videos, get Shez, Clarke even Joe Royle involved if you want. Target every email address you have, use every social media platform, batter the #oafc. All can be done at zero cost. If that sells one extra season ticket then it's worth it.

Besides, how else are the marketing department filling their working week?!

Hartlepool did something similar a few seasons ago, it got them a decent chunk of money initially but then as the season went on they starting running out of money due to a reduction in pay-on-the-day income as all their floating home fans had bought season tickets.

They had also put their POTD prices up to maximise the ST uptake, so it was a ridiculous £25 for Away fans.

Maybe Dale have got their balance right, but time will tell.

I suspect it will be a ridiculous £25 for pay on the dayers next season at our place.

Reading and Aston Villa this morning agreed to a reciprocal pricing deal of £20 for away supporters.

I wonder if in lieu of league-wide regulation - it's scandalous that the average price of an away ticket in the Championship is virtually the same as the PL - clubs will go bilateral...

I still don't get how you and McFluff can speak on behalf of every other fan with confidence?

A combined email and social media strategy with videos, get Shez, Clarke even Joe Royle involved if you want. Target every email address you have, use every social media platform, batter the #oafc. All can be done at zero cost. If that sells one extra season ticket then it's worth it.

Besides, how else are the marketing department filling their working week?!

This. Absolutely, 100% hits the nail on the head. Marketing is absolutely crucial. Or, we can carry on shrinking.

I can't get over no email being sent. The club needs to ensure everyone who might buy a ST ticket is aware of the discount deadline ASAP, given that it's only open for such a short period of time. Anyone who misses that date is unlikely to buy at the full price. Email is the easiest means of getting it out to anyone who's ever had any electronic interaction with the club, immediately and for free.

The Rochdale season ticket promotion looks to have had some thought behind it, unlike our own

Looks like we have a 'real trial' on our doorstep of competitive prices linked to supporter take up

I seem to remember us trying something similar in the past, may have dreamt it though!

How am I doing that?

I don't think it's a good thing that a heavier or more imaginative marketing campaign would be pointless after what's gone on the last two years but, in my opinion, it would be.

As I've said, when we next have a half decent season and there's a bit of a feelgood factor you could probably tempt a fair number of people then.

At the moment I'd be amazed if you could with any amount of clever advertising.

I can't get over no email being sent. The club needs to ensure everyone who might buy a ST ticket is aware of the discount deadline ASAP, given that it's only open for such a short period of time. Anyone who misses that date is unlikely to buy at the full price. Email is the easiest means of getting it out to anyone who's ever had any electronic interaction with the club, immediately and for free.

Would imagine they are happy to play it cool for now, wanting more purchases at the higher prices, 60 quid probably isn't a dealbreaker.

I suspect it will be a ridiculous £25 for pay on the dayers next season at our place.

There's the first place to start for attracting new season ticket holders in a years time - £20 pay on the day or in advance, book online & it's still £20 but you get entered into a draw to win something.

Crowds would be up for the season and a few hundred of them might commit to a season ticket a year from now barring off pitch :censored: ups (yeah I know) & if the football's a bit more entertaining.

There is a very good article in The Times today re Bradford strategy. Can't link it as it is on subscription but well worth a read.

“At Bradford we decided to keep one price for adults wherever it is in the stadium. You have to have season tickets which are affordable. You see when you go to other clubs and they have 3,000-4,000 and it’s just not an atmosphere. I also went to a Premier League match in Manchester and it was like a theatre.

“Bradford is a working-class city, we are a working-class club and we want to encourage working-class supporters who give everything for the club. That’s a bit like our image. We are underdogs and we want to fight against the big boys. Therefore we need 18,000 to 20,000 supporters to have the atmosphere.”

I don't particularly think £300 is overpriced as such, but this is prevalent to us in my opinion. I'd imagine Bradford fans enjoy going to watch their team on a Saturday afternoon, and most Latics fans simply do not. Also talks about trying to draw in the Asian population.

That they'd be happy with more revenue?

If you'd be happy to be treated that way by your own club then fair enough

Edited by NewBlue