Season Tickets 2017/18

If you'd be happy to be treated that way by your own club then fair enough

So on the one hand we're getting another winding up order and on the other it's wrong for the club to try and get as much money in as possible.

I understand there's a fine line to keep the club afloat but we've got fans who are moaning at the :censored: players we sign because we don't pay enough then complain cos we're losing money

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on the one hand we're getting another winding up order and on the other it's wrong for the club to try and get as much money in as possible.

I understand there's a fine line to keep the club afloat but we've got fans who are moaning at the :censored: players we sign because we don't pay enough then complain cos we're losing money

There are ways to go about things. Deceiving your own fans would be so low.

How am I doing that?

I don't think it's a good thing that a heavier or more imaginative marketing campaign would be pointless after what's gone on the last two years but, in my opinion, it would be.

As I've said, when we next have a half decent season and there's a bit of a feelgood factor you could probably tempt a fair number of people then.

At the moment I'd be amazed if you could with any amount of clever advertising.

You were quite strong that a campaign wouldn't make any difference whatsoever. I disagree.

At the end of last season there was more positivity than since the Lee Johnson days. It all went tits up very quickly. This time round, similar things are happening on the pitch and Shez has promised he's here to stay (for what that's worth!). If that's to be believed then Shez will be manager whether league 1 or 2.

My point is we've done nothing. It doesn't have to be Mad Men style ground breaking clever marketing. Just some sort of 'no cost' online campaign with him banging the positivity drum. If it doesn't work then no loss at all, at least they'd be trying. But, in my opinion, that would sell more season tickets than our current strategy.... giving the prices ex vat.

They're not deceiving anyone. They've put dates and prices out there

be nice to know if i spent my money - would it go towards this or next seasons budget...

If it goes to pay us through this season, we're in for another tough summer of struggling to bring people in - therefore some may not buy because it will be as bad as this year

If it goes to next season, perhaps people will buy thinking we'll have more chance of semi-decent players next season

Edited by Fruitygoo

be nice to know if i spent my money - would it go towards this or next seasons budget...

If it goes to pay us through this season, we're in for another tough summer of struggling to bring people in - therefore some may not buy because it will be as bad as this year

If it goes to next season, perhaps people will buy thinking we'll have more chance of semi-decent players next season

It's a catch 22

Great to know the club pays HMRC on time and sad that HMRC have twice wasted time and effort on unnecessary winding up orders.

What we have here is a carefully considered offer on season tickets priced for maximum impact.

None of the fancy Bradford or Rochdale schemes. Cheap tickets to fill the stadium - stupid. Discounts to mark 110th year - crazy.

Great to know the club pays HMRC on time and sad that HMRC have twice wasted time and effort on unnecessary winding up orders.

What we have here is a carefully considered offer on season tickets priced for maximum impact.

None of the fancy Bradford or Rochdale schemes. Cheap tickets to fill the stadium - stupid. Discounts to mark 110th year - crazy.

I suppose HMRC, having been paid late last time around, weren't likely to :censored: about if it was at all late this time.

Fairly sure we tried this and it never really took off, I don't think the dearest price was £250 and the lowest certainly wasn't £110 but the set up was similar, the more STs bought the lower the price we all paid.

Doubt it. Rochdale has a loyal fan base. A low one. They will just get less revenue. They can afford this 'gesture' this year due to the sell on funds. I don't blame them for trying it and it certainly makes perfect sense. Doubt it will work though.

Doubt it. Rochdale has a loyal fan base. A low one. They will just get less revenue. They can afford this 'gesture' this year due to the sell on funds. I don't blame them for trying it and it certainly makes perfect sense. Doubt it will work though.

They wouldn't lose all that much in revenue if they end up selling at the low price.

Perfect time to try its been a good season for them on the pitch aswell as in the board room, there must be a feel good factor amongst the supporters something whixh needs to be there for deals like this to work, which is probably why we don't get offered any such offers when it comes to our STs

Rochdale don't seem to have as much armchair support as we do. You can see this by the low numbers they come to BP with, they don't all come out of the woodwork for a local away like we do. Based on this, I don't think this initiative (whilst it's commendable) will be a massive success for them.

I wish our chairman would try a similar thing though just to see what would happen in terms of tempting a few back!

Whether it works or not, it is obvious they are trying something so fair play. So far I have seen both Millwall and Cardiif put together video packages, we have only just explained how Finance works. It is just so tin pot, small minded and defeatist. If the club aren't excited that Season Tickets are on sale, why should I be? That's why a Marketing Campaign is important, it shows people that you are excited and optimistic about the product. In this case the 2017/18 season, if the club are half arsed about how STs are sold, why would next season be any different? 

The main sticking point for me is that we have a Marketing Expert as our CEO, and yet we do nothing different, the odd occasion we do we muck it up. So what expertise is he bringing? Besides being there and cheap? Also as much as I like Simon Brooke, he is also in Marketing, why has the club not used his services? His choice or theirs? 

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

The Rochdale style scheme was tried here but it was priced to get more money rather than more people attending.  It didn't work for us.

How do you work that one out? The last promotion gave people 3 weeks to sort out money for a ST at cheaper price. Rochdales promo is till June. 

It didn't work as it wasn't advertised/ promoted or managed in the correct way. 

Nonsense statement saying it doesn't work when we never do it properly. 

29 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

As of this morning that's City, Rochdale, Bury and Huddersfield, for whatever various reasons/capacities, that have cheaper tickets than Latics, and incentives on top of that which could further reduce prices...

What about the other 87?

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

As of this morning that's City, Rochdale, Bury and Huddersfield, for whatever various reasons/capacities, that have cheaper tickets than Latics, and incentives on top of that which could further reduce prices...

But I don't support any of them......

Quite a few posts on this thread trying to voice that our Club doesn't seem to have tried at all to reward loyal supporters or attempt to try and attract 'wavering supporters' or indeed any new young support with an attractive Season Ticket offer

That's despite having a number of Board Members who work in Marketing !

Quite a few OWTB Members who appear to be clinging on to their views that no matter what, we will never attract more support than we currently have so what's the point in trying 

A strategy of not bothering to stimulate customers in an ever decreasing number of supporters is partly one of the reasons we find ourselves were we are 

Edited by tGWB