Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to pull myself up for being a two faced liar based on previous posts of mine made at the back end of last year regarding "would I renew". Just renewed.

Wonder what the uptake would have been like if we were still with the previous manager...what ever he was called - seems so long ago now.  

21 hours ago, astottie said:

Thanks Adam. I've not been able to contact them today but I think this may be the problem as someone else picked mine up last year.

All sorted. Had time to pop in and get it this morning thanks to the horses on the 62.

Sounds fairly healthy that, given that there will inevitably be quite a few sold tomorrow to those who cant get doen during the week and there are several categories (concessions, juniors, 100 club etc) for whom this first deadline doesn't have any effect.

2 hours ago, bozman said:

Sounds fairly healthy that, given that there will inevitably be quite a few sold tomorrow to those who cant get doen during the week and there are several categories (concessions, juniors, 100 club etc) for whom this first deadline doesn't have any effect.

Astonishing that so many people would take up such a "shocking" deal at such short notice.... 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Compared to when? Compared to what?

Fuck sake Jeremy Paxman has piped up. 

Where do you think 1500 ST sales puts us in the ST sales league, bear in mind that around 120,000 were sold in League 1 last season.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fuck sake Jeremy Paxman has piped up. 

Where do you think 1500 ST sales puts us in the ST sales league, bear in mind that around 120,000 were sold in League 1 last season.

Puts us about 17000 behind what Bradford will sell. But that's not relevant.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course it's relevant, not that many moons ago we operated on similar crowd numbers to them.

When? Many, many moons ago, over 25 years we had a blip and had more for a couple of seasons. Because we were in the prem. 

Edited by mcfluff1985

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The numbers sold seem good to me. Perhaps we are down to a loyal hardcore of fans who support the club through thick and thin and much of the doom and gloom perpetrated on here is not a true representation of the wider fan base.

Your right in a way but much of the doom and gloom stems from the actions of the club, we will always have the 2000 hardcore even if we slid out of the League so it can hardly be described as a good effort if we sell 1500 on the early bird offer, it's what you'do expect. What we need to turn that around is stability and a season where we compete at the top end, I sense that fans are starting to believe again I just hope that the rug isn't pulled from under us. 

Not bad figure that, maths isn't my strong point is that roughly £350k?

I've not renewed mine yet, emailed the club asking if my scoreboard refund could come off the bill and I'm waiting  a response first. So looks like I'm missing out on the early bird promotion. Oh well....you win so me you lose some

Edited by underdog

23 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just renewed 2 for the North Stand...1200 sold so far which he said was about the same as at this stage last year.

For me this is the first conformation of ST's sold for this season.

I believe Blackpool on March 15th was the first 'win-win' deal game. Again, for me the 1-0 victory followed by a 2-3 defeat against Rochdale on the 19th killed season ticket sales stone dead. Anyone sitting on the fence before the Blackpool game would have been rueing their caution, not knowing what League we would be competing in, then compounded by the Rochdale defeat.

So, for me, the 1200 quoted by the ticket office would be pretty much the final tally, especially when on March 28th we beat Chesterfield 1-0.

I would recon the final tally for next season is going to be well north of 2,000, quite likely over 2,500. Pretty good for where we are now and how poor we have been for a few years. 

I can understand the worry about administration but making a purchase by credit card nullifies that.

All aboard!