3 minutes ago, BFC1885 said:

Had to come on and say well done today.

As we're both looking for scraps in the same shark infested water I should have wanted a win for the winkies I suppose, but it was just too far against the grain after despising them for 40+ years and I found myself praying that you would hang on!

We have them on Tuesday and I'm hoping for Bradford and Fleetwood to close the gap on them so fingers crossed their nerves might be shredded by kick off time?

You are home and hosed (almost) now (jealous!) , you should offer Sheridan the freedom of your borough!

A lot of angst from their fans today once it started going against them.

Best bet on Tuesday is to keep it tight against them and go in at half time with a clean sheet. They'll probably have Madine back though and he makes them tick.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, rosa said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! 

IMG_20170415_183337.jpg

Ohhhhh it was so marvellous to see that toe poking it over the line...it was a massive elation release that I haven't experience for a long time.

yes we celebrate goals...it was not top of the line Ronaldo special but bloody hell I hugged every bugger around me..

fan fucking tastic....

3 hours ago, bluearmyof1 said:

Didn't think Bolton displayed a huge amount of talent. Big fairly fast lads trying to bully us out of it. Nothing more to their game. Ngoo fell foul of that through inexperience and impatience. 

Agree about Bolton, proper one trick ponies who will struggle if they go up.

56 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

That looks like evidence that OG moves to 4 and is closing in on Clarke as second top scorer.

I would advise you to get to an optician, the whole of the ball is nowhere near over the line.

My view of this is in no way clouded by having money on Lee Erwin as first goal scorer or predicting the same in the prediction league. ?

Look again at the photo. Ball not over the line but Erwin's foot is still drawn back - he hasn't kicked it yet. OG all day long and I'm not arsed if it costs me prediction points, it was fucking hilarious 

2 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Stott is left footed so can play in a three at the back quite well. Would really really like Stott/Clarke/Edmunson next season as our three... I like Gerard but he's not all that. Many may disagree but them two young lads are very highly rated and mature in performance for their age 

Can't see us not playing Wilson, Clarke or Gerrard but it'd be brilliant to have at least one of the young lads as a regular starter wouldn't it. That being said, perhaps Shez will be aware of the lack of pace of that potential back three and opt for a younger lad if he thinks he can add that quality. One of our biggest issues in terms of youth development has been the constant renewal of managers, but this injury to Gerrard will give Stott the opportunity to impress in the last three matches for a manager who will probably be here next season. I wonder if, had Shez stayed last summer, he'd have rewarded Edmundson instead of Robinson taking Burgess from Fulham.

That tweet from the official account with a picture of Stott as a kid in his Latics strip definitely adds a sweeter edge to what was a great win today. What you'd give to have another Tarky...

32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What temptation? He always leaves two up front when down to ten men.......

I'll trust you on that. I don't recall us playing two up front second half at Chesterfield and I wasn't at Southend. I'll be damned if I can remember tactics from last season let alone a few seasons ago...

56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

They'll be gutted to read your cutting insight..

Can they not sign any new players or change tactics? 

New players....yes...Tactics, doubt it, not with Parkinson in charge.

59 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Can't see us not playing Wilson, Clarke or Gerrard but it'd be brilliant to have at least one of the young lads as a regular starter wouldn't it. That being said, perhaps Shez will be aware of the lack of pace of that potential back three and opt for a younger lad if he thinks he can add that quality. One of our biggest issues in terms of youth development has been the constant renewal of managers, but this injury to Gerrard will give Stott the opportunity to impress in the last three matches for a manager who will probably be here next season. I wonder if, had Shez stayed last summer, he'd have rewarded Edmundson instead of Robinson taking Burgess from Fulham.

That tweet from the official account with a picture of Stott as a kid in his Latics strip definitely adds a sweeter edge to what was a great win today. What you'd give to have another Tarky...

I really rate Edmundson but something has clearly happened for him to move behind Stott in the order after not trusting him instead of bringing Burgess in. Hope he can turn it around.

I know I'm in a minority regarding Gerrard but between fitness and injuries I doubt he'll play half of next season, and I'm not sure he should do on for. The young lads learning off Clarke and Wilson will do fine for me.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

They'll be gutted to read your cutting insight..

Can they not sign any new players or change tactics? 

More likely to lose their best players (on big wages) and be weakened, they are potless and losing hundreds of thousands every month. If they do somehow cock this promotion up they are likely to enter admin. 

40 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I'll trust you on that. I don't recall us playing two up front second half at Chesterfield and I wasn't at Southend. I'll be damned if I can remember tactics from last season let alone a few seasons ago...

We pushed Taylor up front to partner Holloway at Chesterfield in the second half.

5 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I really rate Edmundson but something has clearly happened for him to move behind Stott in the order after not trusting him instead of bringing Burgess in. Hope he can turn it around.

I know I'm in a minority regarding Gerrard but between fitness and injuries I doubt he'll play half of next season, and I'm not sure he should do on for. The young lads learning off Clarke and Wilson will do fine for me.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to watching a whole season of a fit Gerrard,,,,

2 hours ago, BLUMAX said:

Agree about Bolton, proper one trick ponies who will struggle if they go up.

11 minutes ago, BLUMAX said:

New players....yes...Tactics, doubt it, not with Parkinson in charge.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

More likely to lose their best players (on big wages) and be weakened, they are potless and losing hundreds of thousands every month. If they do somehow cock this promotion up they are likely to enter admin. 

I'm sure not quite promoted Bolton fans would gladly swap places with not quite safe Oldham fans.....