4 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Stott's left foot appears to have a lot to do with it, especially when we switched to four at the back. I don't see it as a slight on Edmundson.

Perhaps, but we've still brought in 3 players now rather than use him. I'd have thought he might have played 10 or 15 games this season if not becoming first choice. Seemed like a nice lad when I met him at the awards do, I'd love to see him do well but he's got to show the manager that he's the man for the job

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I'm sure not quite promoted Bolton fans would gladly swap places with not quite safe Oldham fans.....

Well obviously not. What's your point? What he said was fine. Parkinson IS a one trick pony and they WILLreally struggle next year. Would I swap with them? Damn right. 

52 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I'll trust you on that. I don't recall us playing two up front second half at Chesterfield and I wasn't at Southend. I'll be damned if I can remember tactics from last season let alone a few seasons ago...

It was Southend that had one sent off, not us

Edited by Dave_Og

9 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Perhaps, but we've still brought in 3 players now rather than use him. I'd have thought he might have played 10 or 15 games this season if not becoming first choice. Seemed like a nice lad when I met him at the awards do, I'd love to see him do well but he's got to show the manager that he's the man for the job

All these 3 with more experience ye?

3 hours ago, BFC1885 said:

Had to come on and say well done today.

As we're both looking for scraps in the same shark infested water I should have wanted a win for the winkies I suppose, but it was just too far against the grain after despising them for 40+ years and I found myself praying that you would hang on!

We have them on Tuesday and I'm hoping for Bradford and Fleetwood to close the gap on them so fingers crossed their nerves might be shredded by kick off time?

You are home and hosed (almost) now (jealous!) , you should offer Sheridan the freedom of your borough!

It's the first time I've seen them this season and I was amazed at how bloody big they are. We played two big strikers against them and got nowhere until the sending  off when Obeydayi  went up front. He. Was  quick and agile and scared the  bejesus out of the land of the giants at the back. Vaughan might do the same. We got lucky at the end but had as many chances as them. Also they had no madine and le fondre was on his own. Morais was there main threat and you could do with softening him up earlier then we did. Hopefully for you vale will continue to be desperate and you'll beat Northampton . For your sake I hope you don't need anything against Southend .

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

After riding to BP on a unicorn and eating ice cream off Melania and Ivanka's tits.

Anthony Gerrard or HarryBosch? 

Actually, don't answer that and stop thinking about it you sick fuck.

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Still, what an odd sentiment....

Was just an off the cuff comment really,never been a fan of Parkinson and I know Bradford City fans are happier with Hendry then they was was with him.

3 minutes ago, BLUMAX said:

Was just an off the cuff comment really,never been a fan of Parkinson and I know Bradford City fans are happier with Hendry then they was was with him.

McCall.  But yes, they are way happier. 

4 hours ago, BFC1885 said:

Had to come on and say well done today.

As we're both looking for scraps in the same shark infested water I should have wanted a win for the winkies I suppose, but it was just too far against the grain after despising them for 40+ years and I found myself praying that you would hang on!

We have them on Tuesday and I'm hoping for Bradford and Fleetwood to close the gap on them so fingers crossed their nerves might be shredded by kick off time?

You are home and hosed (almost) now (jealous!) , you should offer Sheridan the freedom of your borough!

Hopefully you dick them on Tuesday and Bradford an fleetwood win, it would be nice to see them get beat in the playoffs and go bust next season ??

Nice birthday present for me that today!

i agree with the comments about Fane - he has been excellent last two home games, slightly too early for the Viera comparisons perhaps but I think the lad is going to have a good career, got some engine on him.

Credit also to Green, Banks and Wilson. Green has had a decent career but on occasions earlier in the season (Lincoln particularly) looked like he'd never been acquainted with a round ball before.

Banks has had a beasting on here but made one particular interception / tackle today when there was a real mix up on the right hand side. He can also pick a pass and the fact he's a regular now means Shez can see something in him and I can see him being an important player next year.

Wilson is very much the unsung hero. Doesn't get anything like the credit Clarke gets (and Clarke has been immense) but very steady and the right side of a back 3 may just be his best position. Was it the genius Kelly trying to offload him to Notts County? He'd be here next year if it was my decision. 

All in all a great result, safety almost assured and signs that somewhere higher than 17th may be possible next year.

8 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Nice birthday present for me that today!

i agree with the comments about Fane - he has been excellent last two home games, slightly too early for the Viera comparisons perhaps but I think the lad is going to have a good career, got some engine on him.

Credit also to Green, Banks and Wilson. Green has had a decent career but on occasions earlier in the season (Lincoln particularly) looked like he'd never been acquainted with a round ball before.

Banks has had a beasting on here but made one particular interception / tackle today when there was a real mix up on the right hand side. He can also pick a pass and the fact he's a regular now means Shez can see something in him and I can see him being an important player next year.

Wilson is very much the unsung hero. Doesn't get anything like the credit Clarke gets (and Clarke has been immense) but very steady and the right side of a back 3 may just be his best position. Was it the genius Kelly trying to offload him to Notts County? He'd be here next year if it was my decision. 

All in all a great result, safety almost assured and signs that somewhere higher than 17th may be possible next year.

Agree with all of this.

Kelly tried to bin Wilson off to Notts County and Robinson also left him on the sidelines. Yet in both of Shez's spells Wilson has been one of the first names on the team sheet. He's a steady eddie and Shez obviously appreciates this as did LJ who signed him. I definitely think Shez has got the best out of him and it would be good if he stays on next season.

Funny reading comments from Wanky Wanderers, just another "big team" who thought they could stroll into little Oldham and get an easy three points. And whilst I accept as a passing and attacking team we're not brilliant and have to grab our chances when they come, defensively we're as good, if not better than anyone in this league. Teams just can't break us down, albeit with a bit of good fortune perhaps, but we really are solid, and even though Ripley's not here next season, this defence is a huge platform to build on. 

Edited by PlayItLivo

17 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Funny reading comments from Wanky Wanderers, just another "big team" who thought they could stroll into little Oldham and get an easy three points. And whilst I accept as a passing and attacking team we're not brilliant and have to grab our chances when they come, defensively we're as good, if not better than anyone n this league. Teams just can't break us down, albeit with a bit of good fortune perhaps, but we really are solid, and even though Ripley's not here next season, this defence is a huge platform to build on. 

The blunts fans had a similar attitude the other week. They used every excuse under the sun when they didn't get 3pts rather than acknowledge we have a stubborn defence and aren't pushovers. They've soon changed their tune now that our Bolton victory has secured them the title and some of them see their point secured here as a point gained in the context of things.

10 hours ago, astottie said:

It's the first time I've seen them this season and I was amazed at how bloody big they are. We played two big strikers against them and got nowhere until the sending  off when Obeydayi  went up front. He. Was  quick and agile and scared the  bejesus out of the land of the giants at the back. Vaughan might do the same. We got lucky at the end but had as many chances as them. Also they had no madine and le fondre was on his own. Morais was there main threat and you could do with softening him up earlier then we did. Hopefully for you vale will continue to be desperate and you'll beat Northampton . For your sake I hope you don't need anything against Southend .

They had giant defenders but small forwards. We rode our luck tbh but we defended with great determination. Heroes one and all.

7 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Funny reading comments from Wanky Wanderers, just another "big team" who thought they could stroll into little Oldham and get an easy three points. And whilst I accept as a passing and attacking team we're not brilliant and have to grab our chances when they come, defensively we're as good, if not better than anyone in this league. Teams just can't break us down, albeit with a bit of good fortune perhaps, but we really are solid, and even though Ripley's not here next season, this defence is a huge platform to build on. 

As much as people will use our goals tally as an indictment of our negativity, in order to downplay the defensive record, it's an even greater homage in my opinion. For half the season our defence was under constant pressure because we couldn't get out of our half.

We can't replace Ripley, but we'll be far more balanced as a side next season when Shez recruits. I really fancy us to be that team who keeps their momentum from the back end of the previous season.