General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

There were a fair few Tory voters on here, do they feel comfortable with this? 

Just to be clear that was not a question from a bitterness point of view, just wondering their opinion.

I voted Tory. I don't understand what you're asking......

3 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

What an absolute cunt Owen Smith is.  He and his mates did everything they possible could to oust Corbyn, even trying to get rid of the democratic manner of appointing the party's leader.  Now he's furiously patting him of the back because he knows, on the back of last night's result, that he's not getting the top job anytime soon.  Tom Watson's a proper dick an' all.

Would you rather them be mainstand moaner types whereby once they've decided a player is shit they'll never admit he's proved them wrong no matter how much he improves? 

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

I have concerns re McDonnell and Abbott and think they cost votes away from safe seats. Unless I missing the attraction of Abbott. 

They lost and, therefore, can't do anything that you should be concerned about or not concerned about...

Edited by HarryBosch

9 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes, I know. That too.. 

It shows that people have rejected both major parties. It's not just labour. Then again if the Tory press are going to brand the younger generation snowflakes they can't complain if they turn around and vote for the opposition can they?

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

No - it was like getting a 261st goal at the death to finish the match 318-261

That is very naive. The match is nowhere near finished and the opposition have lost their main striker, the creative midfielder and are starting to argue amongst themselves about who should be captain. Its like Boundary Park before January without the solid defence. And its only half time and Nil Nil.

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It shows that people have rejected both major parties. It's not just labour. Then again if the Tory press are going to brand the younger generation snowflakes they can't complain if they turn around and vote for the opposition can they?

More votes for the two main parties than last time...

33 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

That is very naive. The match is nowhere near finished and the opposition have lost their main striker, the creative midfielder and are starting to argue amongst themselves about who should be captain. Its like Boundary Park before January without the solid defence. And its only half time and Nil Nil.

The Blues have just drafted in some experienced Northern Irish lads on loan who'll add a bit of depth to their squad.

They're fully equipped to do well both domestically and in Europe now. :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Eh? The Tories got 44%, Labour 41%.....? On a higher than usual turnout...

Hi was half drunk when I wrote that :lol:

What I should have said was that their was no clear winner here and that Britain is still pretty divided politically

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hi was half drunk when I wrote that :lol:

What I should have said was that their was no clear winner here and that Britain is still pretty divided politically

Only half?

We, Labour, were never going to win this election starting from such a divided base with continuing infighting and still plenty of back stabbing.

The lady in the flat shoes should be warned-she has forced herself into a situation from which she has no chance of winning the next election.

The newspapers are losing their influence and went so far to the right they will now struggle to regain their status-The Mail and Sun are laughing stocks now and are losing in the battle against social media. Their loss will be felt very severely by the Tories and very speedily.

It is for us to consider the matter carefully & choose when that occurs-unless her own team decide for us, which might be happening already.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

11 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

The Blues have just drafted in some experienced Northern Irish lads on loan who'll add a bit of depth to their squad.

They're fully equipped to do well both domestically and in Europe now. :grin:

Come on Harry none of the Northern Ireland lads that we have had recently have been any better than Bambi on ice.

None of them are left footers, they dont like doing the dirty work and they leave the team completely unbalanced and only pass to their mates.

The captain is already facing pressure to step away from penalty taking and free kick duties. He is not going forward and is looking more like Furman every game, captain sideways.

You are sounding more like Arsene Wenger by the day. That 2 year contract might be soon become a settlement figure.  

Edited by ChaddySmoker

15 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Pedant!

Well it was like getting a last minute equaliser in the away leg and having the opposition manager insisting that he will play Carl Winchester as his defensive midfielder whilst we look forward to watching the second leg on our home turf with our favourite referee playing downhill towards the Chaddy in the second half.

The lady in flat shoes talking as if she has won and forming a 'government' with 10 irish bigots.

I compared it to that Latics v Peterborough game.  Great comeback.

Except Kusunga stuck the injury time goal in his own net.

38 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Only half?

We, Labour, were never going to win this election starting from such a divided base with continuing infighting and still plenty of back stabbing.

The lady in the flat shoes should be warned-she has forced herself into a situation from which she has no chance of winning the next election.

The newspapers are losing their influence and went so far to the right they will now struggle to regain their status-The Mail and Sun are laughing stocks now and are losing in the battle against social media. Their loss will be felt very severely by the Tories and very speedily.

It is for us to consider the matter carefully & choose when that occurs-unless her own team decide for us, which might be happening already.

That staropman was stronger than I thought.:wacko:

I'd say the media still very much has an influence. While printed media is on the decline the sun and mail still get a huge amount of traffic online.

What we have seen like you have said is in this election particularly is the rise of social media this is where I think Labour has dominated and ran a really strong campaign.

We've also seen a younger generation now more engaged with politics. If this was my first election it wouldn't have been a contest who I would have voted for. The party who are making it more expensive to go onto higher education and don't really show much interest in helping you get onto the housing ladder, or the party who is going to help fund you're higher education and make housing more affordable. 

23 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I compared it to that Latics v Peterborough game.  Great comeback.

Except Kusunga stuck the injury time goal in his own net.

The lady in flat shoes had a majority but wanted it to become bigger-much bigger! She seriously underestimated the opposition.

The lady in flat shoes does not now have a majority.    It is a draw-Kusunga hit the post & it doesnt really matter at which end. And its only Half Time !

gable.jpg

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That staropman was stronger than I thought.:wacko:

I'd say the media still very much has an influence. While printed media is on the decline the sun and mail still get a huge amount of traffic online.

What we have seen like you have said is in this election particularly is the rise of social media this is where I think Labour has dominated and ran a really strong campaign.

We've also seen a younger generation now more engaged with politics. If this was my first election it wouldn't have been a contest who I would have voted for. The party who are making it more expensive to go onto higher education and don't really show much interest in helping you get onto the housing ladder, or the party who is going to help fund you're higher education and make housing more affordable. 

I think you underestimate the value of Lifetime ISA and Help to Buy ISA.

So do the party that introduced them.  They never mentioned their own generosity!

26 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I think you underestimate the value of Lifetime ISA and Help to Buy ISA.

So do the party that introduced them.  They never mentioned their own generosity!

That's a fair point. Under Cameron the Tories actually introduced some progressive policies, same sex marriage for instance. 

I think, with hindsight, not even the Tory voters could deny that May's campaign was the worst by a PM in living memory. The manifesto was dreadful, there were too many u turns to count as it suddenly dawned on her that her strategy to be the even nastier party to attract the UKIP vote, whilst having a modicum of success, was alienating core Tory support in droves. She also underestimated Corbyn's campaigning ability despite watching him win the Labour Party leadership massively not once but twice.

Her latest mistake is getting into bed with the DUP. Cameron would never have done it and some old school One nation Tories like Clarke and Soubry will be holding their noses pretty hard when the go into the division lobbies with them. The stench may become too much fairly quickly.

On 09/06/2017 at 1:26 PM, Diego_Sideburns said:

Just a thought. Ian Paisley Junior could be the new Home Secretary. Detention without trial? Shoot to kill?

Dobt he such a silly boy. This will not be a coalition and even if it had been that wouldn't have happened.

having said that. It's a toss up who is worse between him and Abott the racist liar. 

Edited by kowenicki

4 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

That's a fair point. Under Cameron the Tories actually introduced some progressive policies, same sex marriage for instance. 

I think, with hindsight, not even the Tory voters could deny that May's campaign was the worst by a PM in living memory. The manifesto was dreadful, there were too many u turns to count as it suddenly dawned on her that her strategy to be the even nastier party to attract the UKIP vote, whilst having a modicum of success, was alienating core Tory support in droves. She also underestimated Corbyn's campaigning ability despite watching him win the Labour Party leadership massively not once but twice.

Her latest mistake is getting into bed with the DUP. Cameron would never have done it and some old school One nation Tories like Clarke and Soubry will be holding their noses pretty hard when the go into the division lobbies with them. The stench may become too much fairly quickly.

Agreed. Which makes the fact she is still there even more remarkable. Labour can never get a majority again imo.