General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

9 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The Financial Times' analysis suggests that the Tories were the biggest beneficiaries of UKIP's demise.

That is interesting.

I'm certaintly not going to argue with far greater experts than me, but in simpleer terms from 2010

Con.........36...........42......6
Lab.........29...........40.....11
LD...........23.............7.. -16

Others.....12 ..........11.....-1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, joe_lead said:

WTF was that speech from TM.  Has anyone told her about the result, no recognition at all, none.  The woman's not right in the head.

Business as usual, nothing has changed. She's talking to the markets too don't forget.

18 minutes ago, rummytheowl said:

DUP? I still can't believe the depths that the Conservatives will plumb to hang on to this. Fucken DUP. They're absolute crackpots.

Ulster Unionists have always been Tory and the SDLP traditional Labour, nothing new here.

Corbyn is the Burton Albion of politics. For many years he was in the equivalent of the backwaters of the Northern Premier league and Conference. Then he moved up into the League, and surprised the pundits by pushing forward into League One, quickly followed by an even better performance with promotion to the Championship. Then, with little home support but unlike the Brewers, instead of hanging on to his status by his finger nails, he thrust forward and narrowly failed to get into the top flight in a play-off penalty shoot-out at Wembley.

29 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

The 'win' for Labour was achieved by targeting geographical areas-online but moreso on the ground. 

The effort in Oldham that I saw and I assume in many many other areas on the ground was superb including dragging people out yesterday. 

Twitter was as useful to Jezza as the Daily Mail & Sun were to that bloody difficult woman, in fact moreso since those rags insulted peoples intelligence

It was also simple bribary, pretty cynical really.

Problem is, Jezza and his mates will tout this as acceptance of their Marxist/Trot ideology.

Just now, frizzell54 said:

Ulster Unionists have always been Tory and the SDLP traditional Labour, nothing new here.

I know who they are, I just can't believe that the Conservatives would allow a Protestant Unionist party with paramilitary links anywhere near Government after trying to attack Corbz with the IRA connection.

'... Party sources say Peter Robinson will be seen as an asset at Westminster as the DUP maps out it strategy to shore up a Conservative government with the narrowest of leads.'

Peter Robinson used to have a penchant for wearing paramilitary berets and firing guns.

29 minutes ago, rummytheowl said:

'... Party sources say Peter Robinson will be seen as an asset at Westminster as the DUP maps out it strategy to shore up a Conservative government with the narrowest of leads.'

Peter Robinson used to have a penchant for wearing paramilitary berets and firing guns.

Him and Bercow must have fascinating conversations about their respective Cuckold of the Year awards.

20 hours ago, rummytheowl said:

I know who they are, I just can't believe that the Conservatives would allow a Protestant Unionist party with paramilitary links anywhere near Government after trying to attack Corbz with the IRA connection.

That hypocrisy is probably the least suprising thing of the election..!

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

The reversing by Labour MPs sickening...

What an absolute cunt Owen Smith is.  He and his mates did everything they possible could to oust Corbyn, even trying to get rid of the democratic manner of appointing the party's leader.  Now he's furiously patting him of the back because he knows, on the back of last night's result, that he's not getting the top job anytime soon.  Tom Watson's a proper dick an' all.

34 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

What an absolute cunt Owen Smith is.  He and his mates did everything they possible could to oust Corbyn, even trying to get rid of the democratic manner of appointing the party's leader.  Now he's furiously patting him of the back because he knows, on the back of last night's result, that he's not getting the top job anytime soon.  Tom Watson's a proper dick an' all.

Here's Jeremy plotting his revenge whilst an oblivious Smith mingles in the background 

13876505_10209503598563318_5115766637068399297_n.jpg

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

They didn't win. Or 'win'. 

Pedant!

Well it was like getting a last minute equaliser in the away leg and having the opposition manager insisting that he will play Carl Winchester as his defensive midfielder whilst we look forward to watching the second leg on our home turf with our favourite referee playing downhill towards the Chaddy in the second half.

The lady in flat shoes talking as if she has won and forming a 'government' with 10 irish bigots.

3 hours ago, rummytheowl said:

I always think intelligence is the ability to turn things around and examine one's views if the boot was on the other foot!

So its over to you Kowenicki.    xxx

The interesting one for Corbyn is what next. 

He needs to have the best players in the team, even if the odd one is a maverick or disruptive Gazza or Costa. 

Clearly he'll need to be disciplined, and has a strong hand. 

Does  he go all Trump and demand loyalty and stay with the most loyal or try and shape the best team?

And does May try and tough it out exactly as Corbyn did? 

4 hours ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

There were a fair few Tory voters on here, do they feel comfortable with this? 

Just to be clear that was not a question from a bitterness point of view, just wondering their opinion.

No. I'd rather Labour got a majority than nobody