General Election - 8th June 2017

Matt

14 hours ago, rummytheowl said:

'326 seats needed to win'

Tell that to David Cameron of 2010. He might disagree. 

Get used to coalitions or deals of support. We might get a few more in the future.  Labour will certainly need it if they are to ever lead again. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Corbyn was actually only 1720 votes away from becomming the PM.

Dont tell the Tory Tw:bblue2:ts just yet though as it might spoil this soap opera! 

Tory twats. 

Are you about 12? Or just in a shit job and bitter at the world?

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Spin.

Bu but we are always told by the left that its total votes that matters (usually when they have either scraped a win or just lost), 800,000 less in total votes for Corbyn.  May pollled more votes than Tony Blair ever managed and yet he was a landslide PM with unbelievable support apparently. FPTP creates funny old worlds. 

Those boundary changes should sort this mess out one way or another.  ?

While FPTP has strengths in terms of MPs working within and for local constituents looking at the numbers shows how unfair it is in terms of popular vote.

it took an average 28k votes to elect an SNP MP, 29k to elect the government, sorry DUP, 43k to elect a Tory, 49k to elect a Labour MP and a whacking 197k to elect a Lib Dem. the Greens and UKIP racked up over a million votes and have 1 MP between them. I realise arguing for PR puts me on the same side as Farage and that's a bitter pill to swallow but the whole issue needs looking at again.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

We? Speaking for everyone?

I know you did, hence my surprise at your glee at the failure to actually win. 

Yes I am speaking for everyone. You won. You might not agree but you did. 

May's got six months in which everything she does makes things worse for her and the Tories. That's a win. 

There are literally millions of ways to enjoy May's pain. One of the ones that will last is the most damaging. The illusion of Tory competence might never recover from this election and Brexit. They've given the nation the kind and scale of problem that you normally face after a really big military defeat like Dunkirk or Suez. 

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Tell that to David Cameron of 2010. He might disagree. 

Get used to coalitions or deals of support. We might get a few more in the future.  Labour will certainly need it if they are to ever lead again. 

I'd rather see a less sarcastic, banter-esque, one-liner, hate at all costs at whatever price Parliament that encourages cross-party debate to reach a fair decision than the Parliament we have now - essentially using half-assed coalitions with backwater parties. I'm sure you'll agree, in this instance using the UDP as a crutch for power will only end in tears,and more besides.

I don't have to get used to anything.

3 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Yes I am speaking for everyone. You won. You might not agree but you did. 

May's got six months in which everything she does makes things worse for her and the Tories. That's a win. 

There are literally millions of ways to enjoy May's pain. One of the ones that will last is the most damaging. The illusion of Tory competence might never recover from this election and Brexit. They've given the nation the kind and scale of problem that you normally face after a really big military defeat like Dunkirk or Suez.

The Tory party are absolutely frightened to death now of Jeremy Corbyn.  They are petrified about another election in the near future.

They are reticent to even have a leadership battle, for fear of the damage that might occur plus the obvious lack of quality candidates.

All Jeremy has to do is to sit back and keep saying that he is here when he is needed and make life as difficult as possible for this 'Coalition.'

If ever there was poetic justice, it is that Coalition in Chaos that the Vicar's daughter was so worried about has now been formed to save her own skin.

Oh plus those paramiliteries in Northern Ireland that The Sun kept warning us about. Its a good job that we dont have a government propped up by them isnt it.

I do love irony. Especially when the typical Tory voter cannot see it when its right in front of him

jessy.jpg

10 hours ago, leeslover said:

Chaddysmoker makes some valid points, but it's impossible not to suspect that he's had at least one guilty wank off to Mrs May.

Finally someone's talking about the real issue in this election. 

Corbyn on the Marr programme yesterday was absolutely hilarious. "I'll just sit here and wait for everyone to catch up." 

10/11 on another election this year. 9/2 for an election in 2018. Easy money. 

47 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Props to everyone sticking by the line that the Tories won more seats and had a bigger vote share etc...after seeing the face of the victorious weird robot lady. Keep going, brothers and sisters. It'll stick eventually. 

They did win more seats and they did have a bigger share of the vote.

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any of the so called 'big beasts' back into the Shad Cab? Chuka certainly seems to be angling for one...

Moving for future leadership opportunities?

4 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

They did win more seats and they did have a bigger share of the vote.

Moving for future leadership opportunities?

Only one of the 2 major parties is likely to be seeking a new leader in the foreseeable and it isn't Labour. 

The poll this weekend that showed every possible Tory leadership candidate as being less popular than May was hilarious. They genuinely don't know what to do.

2 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Finally someone's talking about the real issue in this election. 

Corbyn on the Marr programme yesterday was absolutely hilarious. "I'll just sit here and wait for everyone to catch up." 

10/11 on another election this year. 9/2 for an election in 2018. Easy money. 

Take the odds on. The vicars daughter cannot last!

She will be lucky to survive a fortnight in this arrangement but they will desperately try to survive a little longer

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 minute ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Take the odds on. The vicars daughter cannot last! She will be lucky to survive a fortnight in this arrangement but they will desperately survive a little longer

You can cover both and still win.

34 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Only one of the 2 major parties is likely to be seeking a new leader in the foreseeable and it isn't Labour. 

The poll this weekend that showed every possible Tory leadership candidate as being less popular than May was hilarious. They genuinely don't know what to do.

You still trust polls, do you?

Just now, blueatheart said:

You still trust polls, do you?

Good point this. The exit poll might have been bang on but the YouGov efforts during the campaign, then the Survation ones, are still very suspicious. They might have been half right or nearly right, but in polling you've also got to be right for the right reasons. Getting the Tory vote out isn't a right reason.

41 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

They've got some explaining to do.

In fact...while we're on the subject...I know fuck all about politics, polling, elections, government, parliament, MPs or voters. Especially voters. 

Without the voters it all becomes a little too predictable.