Walsall v Oldham

We've not won here since 2013 but have a reasonable record there overall so we could be due a win. 

They've got off to the same start as us, albeit against what you'd think is better opposition in Bury and Sheff Utd, and both away from home. 

James Wilson is there on loan so Shez will have ideas on how to exploit his inadequacies, as will Gerrard :lol:

They've still got that little bastard Otzumer who could well have a field day if our midfield doesn't improve. 

I think Dummigan will be dropped from last night and Davies back in to partner Holloway and I'd imagine Kyeremeh will figure at some point but probably from the bench. 

Or does he stick with Duffus and send him out with a rocket up his arse? To be fair it was his full debut and he might be on it after having had a few days to consider it wasn't as easy as he thought it was going to be. But, Davies is here to start.

I'd like to see Tope start now but McLaughlin has probably been our least worst player so far in that spot.... 

Also what about Stott coming in for Wilson if we go with 3 at the back? More balance and decent delivery from his left foot.

Not a lot he can do about central midfield until Gardner is back or a new man comes in so he'll have to persevere with Green. You can't put Banks back in for Otzumer to take the piss out of surely? Baffling though that the same players were fine after Shez came in last season.  

Wilson

Wilson

Gerrard

Clarke

Hunt

McLaughlin

Fane

Green

Obadeyi

Davies

Holloway

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't we be better going with last nights 3-5-2 formation if it yielded a better performance?

I feel Duffus should be one to be eased in overtime and give Davies and Holloway the starting slots for now to possibly build up a strike partnership.

Wilson

Wilson

Clarke

Gerrard

McLaughlin

Fane

Green

Hunt

Odebayi

Davies

Holloway

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wilson is an awful full back - get Stott in and move Hunt to the other side.

In hindsight it might have been worth going with Stott over Wilson from the off.

He did fine in last season's pressure situation so a few early season games for him to ease in might have been perfect for him, & us.

Granted, I wouldn't be saying this if we'd played two, won two :lol:

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

In hindsight it might have been worth going with Stott over Wilson from the off.

He did fine in last season's pressure situation so a few early season games for him to ease in might have been perfect for him, & us.

Granted, I wouldn't be saying this if we'd played two, won two :lol:

Back 5 - McLaughlin, Edmundson, Clarke, Stott, Hunt

3 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

How many tickets have we sold?

No idea how many we'll take to this. My guess would be 800, but disappointing for the first away day.

Doesn't help ticket sales when you can't even pay by card at the ticket office.

And it's £20.50

This won't happen but I'd push Tope and McLaughlin high and wide and play Holloway on his own through the middle . Green and Fane in the middle with Fawns pushing up to support Holloway , get knock Down's and play as a no.10 . Need Someone to be disciplined to watch oztumer and not give him space between our midfield and defence.

4-3-3 

Wilson

Wilson

Clarke 

Gerrard / Stott or Edmunson 

Hunt 

Green

Fane

Fawns

Mclaughlin 

Holloway

Tope .

Edited by GravityGrave

It was 4 4 2 Wednesday.  It should be 3 5 2 (1 1) Saturday.  Holloway is best centrally holding up with players running on.

I would have Fane, Green and Banks as a midfield three.  Hunt and Ryan wing backs.  Stott or Edmundson for Wilson or Gerrard.  Holloway with either Duffas or Davies but bring Fawns on after 60.  Being away from home is about a clean sheet.

If we lose badly I will tell myself it is only three games into the season and these players need to get to know each other - to gel.  Actually I will know then what I fear now - deep doo doo the same old..........

I wouldn't have banks anywhere near that team. We need grit which he doesn't have an ounce of! When he has time on the ball yes he can play a wonder ball but far too infrequent. Would rather have fawns who doesn't mind a tackle, keeps in simple and is attack minded.