1 hour ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

You would think Oldham Athletic would jump all over the Chron going down the shitter and provide us with more daily insights at whats happening every day more training videos etc!! do a news at 5 sketch of all the shit that's happened that day even make something up for the crack

I wasn't aware the club had recruited more people to do this. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are 2 of the 7 emirates in the country called United Arab Emirates 

I lived in Abu Dhabi for 6 months mate! Trust me, the Emir of Abu Dhabi owns every drop of oil, and every grain of sand in the place. Dubai exists on tourism, finance, travel hub and so on. The Emirates share a currency, an external border and armed forces, and not a lot more.

Newsquest haven't wasted much time. They are launching a new weekly paper in Oldham, The Oldham Times, next Thursday. I assume there will also be an online version but haven't seen it confirmed.

Will be interesting to see what the Latics coverage is like.

1 minute ago, bozman said:

Newsquest haven't wasted much time. They are launching a new weekly paper in Oldham, The Oldham Times, next Thursday. I assume there will also be an online version but haven't seen it confirmed.

Will be interesting to see what the Latics coverage is like.

I'm sure Newsquest (who publish the Bury Times) would have been approached to buy the Chron. Shame they couldn't have kept the Chron name.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/newsquest-to-launch-weekly-newspaper-for-oldham-after-chronicles-sudden-closure/  

We might be spoilt for choice for Latics coverage in the local press soon.

The new Oldham Times have employed an ex Chron sub-editor to do Latics coverage, Matt Chambers has gone to the MEN and the level of Latics coverage has increased notably since then. They've  also started an Oldham edition. Then, if Revolution are successful in ressurecting the Chron, that will be another source of local coverage.

10 minutes ago, bozman said:

We might be spoilt for choice for Latics coverage in the local press soon.

The new Oldham Times have employed an ex Chron sub-editor to do Latics coverage, Matt Chambers has gone to the MEN and the level of Latics coverage has increased notably since then. They've  also started an Oldham edition. Then, if Revolution are successful in ressurecting the Chron, that will be another source of local coverage.

I've seen:

Oldham Times

Oldham Reporter

MEN (Oldham Edition)

and now Oldham Chronicle.

I'm willing to support a local newspaper. Had the Chron publically stated it was struggling I may have supported it anyway. 

BUT

I'm not buying four different publications!

11 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I've seen:

Oldham Times

Oldham Reporter

MEN (Oldham Edition)

and now Oldham Chronicle.

I'm willing to support a local newspaper. Had the Chron publically stated it was struggling I may have supported it anyway. 

BUT

I'm not buying four different publications!

You don't need to. Almost all the content is or will be available online. Which I guess is part of the probem they have being economically viable.

On 9/19/2017 at 2:14 PM, bozman said:

You don't need to. Almost all the content is or will be available online. Which I guess is part of the probem they have being economically viable.

As I said though, I'm willing to support a local newspaper. Its alright saying it's available online but its the physical print that will keep a local paper going rather than the online revenues. I'd rather they had very little on a website.

Edited by blueatheart

• 2 months later...