Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'll give this one last go and then I'll give up.....

It doesn't contradict the doom mongers. It's does precisely nothing. It neither proves, nor disproves any hypothesis. Hence it's a straw man argument.

The club have released some players and reduced the cost base, at the same giving some players [modest] payrises and increasing the cost base. One might assume the outgoing players wages amounted to more than the payrises awarded, hence Lemmy is net better off as things stand.

His relative skintness or otherwise cannot be proven/observed here. We await further evidence - in the form of infrastructure and/or pedigree/marquee signings - to be able to make that judgement. 

Fuck me this board is painful. All he was saying is it might point to something positive - not sure every post requires cross examination.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

AL is minted confirmed!!  How long has the roof painting saga dragged on for!? Big Al throws cash at it pronto. ?

Ah, that would explain the giant ‘Corney is a cock’ stencil that’s sat behind the Chaddy End.

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Next... please paint the chip board on the Rochdale Road end and get a sign up to actually name the thing!   Small things that make a huge difference in my opinion. 

Small things like those unfortunately don't come cheap. 

Think the Zen Office sponsorship of the Chaddy ran out at least a year ago. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Next... please paint the chip board on the Rochdale Road end and get a sign up to actually name the thing!   Small things that make a huge difference in my opinion. 

It has been named the Jimmy Frizzell stand. 

If I remember rightly the trust were asked to run a poll it see how us fans wanted jimmy to be remembered and this was the winner the renaming off the RRE. .but when it came to actually splashing the cash re signage and all we were told be ex owner that there was no cash and if you want signage you Trust and fans will have to pay for it.

well new owner..so let's see

49 minutes ago, underdog said:

It has been named the Jimmy Frizzell stand. 

If I remember rightly the trust were asked to run a poll it see how us fans wanted jimmy to be remembered and this was the winner the renaming off the RRE. .but when it came to actually splashing the cash re signage and all we were told be ex owner that there was no cash and if you want signage you Trust and fans will have to pay for it.

well new owner..so let's see

I know. It can’t cost that much to paint the chipboard blue and stick some letters up to show its name surely?  Anyone priced it up? 

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I know. It can’t cost that much to paint the chipboard blue and stick some letters up to show its name surely?  Anyone priced it up? 

Normally probably not but when you factor in the amount of scaffolding needed to be hired to complete the job safely that will add a hefty chunk on to any quote I would imagine.

3 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Normally probably not but when you factor in the amount of scaffolding needed to be hired to complete the job safely that will add a hefty chunk on to any quote I would imagine.

I am sure there are local scaffolders who would offer their services for a little free advertising by the club and a few season tickets thrown in.  We are a club that needs to involve the local community more.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

RLJ Capital Global???

Got no idea- private equity/ family trust...?

Given the riches on offer for a season or two in the greedy league anyone think there is an investment case?

Just throwing out not particularly thought out numbers

league 2  cover a £5 mill loss plus £5 mill investment - promoted end season 1

league 1 cover a £10 mill loss, £10 mill investment per year, promoted end year 3

champs £20m loss, £20m investment per year promoted end year 5   total outlay £130m

survive 1 year in PL, relegated end year 2  - parachutes £120m plus 2 years tv money ( £39m per year)plus £2m per place  plus gate money..

allowing for increased costs maybe clear £180m?- £50m gain 

financial fair play rules make it high risk- investments would have to be gifts- need someone smarter than me to extract the value.

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Got no idea- private equity/ family trust...?

Given the riches on offer for a season or two in the greedy league anyone think there is an investment case?

Just throwing out not particularly thought out numbers

league 2  cover a £5 mill loss plus £5 mill investment - promoted end season 1

league 1 cover a £10 mill loss, £10 mill investment per year, promoted end year 3

champs £20m loss, £20m investment per year promoted end year 5   total outlay £130m

survive 1 year in PL, relegated end year 2  - parachutes £120m plus 2 years tv money ( £39m per year)plus £2m per place  plus gate money..

allowing for increased costs maybe clear £180m?- £50m gain 

financial fair play rules make it high risk- investments would have to be gifts- need someone smarter than me to extract the value.

You could do it on half that. Only becomes pricey in the championship 

Archived