Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, singe said:

Kenyon Paints are painting their own name.

Also on the side, Fisher Marshall

Kenyon Global Investment Trust Inc must be on the front...

Spoiled it already with the red writing.

Change it to blue.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, oafc_lover said:

Normally probably not but when you factor in the amount of scaffolding needed to be hired to complete the job safely that will add a hefty chunk on to any quote I would imagine.

60yrs ago a bloke with a three tier extension ladder with another bloke at the bottom, feet rooted at the base, would have had it done in 2 days with a two inch brush. And a couple of pints for lunch.

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

You could do it on half that. Only becomes pricey in the championship 

I reckon it would cost even more than that Brightons chairman sunk well over £200 million in and thats including the championship where they had a state of the art stadium where they were getting 25000 in at £30-£40 a throw they racked up £20 million a season losses we wouldnt get that in the championship. 

You are only starting to recoup your investment in year 6 and you only get a return on your investment after several seasons in the PL so it could take a decade to make a financial return and that depends on us being a stable premier league team something we are a million miles away from.

If anyone is interested in getting involved with us they should not be looking to do so for financial return it wont work out for them or us.

However that doesnt mean that their are not rich men out their who dont want to get involved in running a football club because they love football it happens all the time. Hopefully Lemsagam knows such people

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I reckon it would cost even more than that Brightons chairman sunk well over £200 million in and thats including the championship where they had a state of the art stadium where they were getting 25000 in at £30-£40 a throw they racked up £20 million a season losses we wouldnt get that in the championship. 

You are only starting to recoup your investment in year 6 and you only get a return on your investment after several seasons in the PL so it could take a decade to make a financial return and that depends on us being a stable premier league team something we are a million miles away from.

If anyone is interested in getting involved with us they should not be looking to do so for financial return it wont work out for them or us.

However that doesnt mean that their are not rich men out their who dont want to get involved in running a football club because they love football it happens all the time. Hopefully Lemsagam knows such people

Brighton bought it but Huddersfield didn't spend anywhere near that amount. 

9 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

60yrs ago a bloke with a three tier extension ladder with another bloke at the bottom, feet rooted at the base, would have had it done in 2 days with a two inch brush. And a couple of pints for lunch.

Where's BP. Bobby Johnstone would have done it at half time with his cock.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Brighton bought it but Huddersfield didn't spend anywhere near that amount. 

Brighton did spend a lot less getting out of League one though. 

Huddersfield's Council funded stadium will have helped the comparison too. Fairly certain Brighton didn't get public funding for their stadium. Although the legal battles did cost the public money. 

21 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Companies house:  RLJ Capital Global???

AL’s company?

It will be as they are registered in the UAE in the filing history and the document was created on the same date as when Abdallah was put onto the Companies House.

1st signing of the season does an interview and talks about getting us in to the championship rather than the usual we should be pushing for a play off spot spiel...

That's the change in mind set we need! No guts no glory!

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

1st signing of the season does an interview and talks about getting us in to the championship rather than the usual we should be pushing for a play off spot spiel...

That's the change in mind set we need! No guts no glory!

All for this. Obviously I’ll sometimes get carried away in moments, but I’m not sure I could bring myself to celebrate getting promoted to division three.

"Meanwhile......the phone keeps ringing."

Christ, Mike, you've been working on this for months and THAT'S your big dramatic ending? ? I thought the phones had been cut off?

53 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

All for this. Obviously I’ll sometimes get carried away in moments, but I’m not sure I could bring myself to celebrate getting promoted to division three.

Better than celebrating to stay in it every year... Those pitch invasions were dreadful; but I'd be first on if we win the league at some second rate ground if we're promoted there. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athletics-financial-troubles-mystifying-transfers-unpaid-wages.html Mike Keegan puts out a very worrying article. We were paying Queensy-Menig just short of £12,000 a week. Insanity. 

Have the trust got any light to shed on any of this? What do you believe the situation to be?

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Have the trust got any light to shed on any of this? What do you believe the situation to be?

Members of the trust seem to think AL is our knight in shining armour as opposed to Corney's  madman Jack from the Shining.

The figures Keegan mentions if of any substance make AL look like a lunatic !

Mike

I know you read this forum, why didn’t you have the bollocks to write this shit when Corney was chairman? You’ll always be a two bit hack. Oldham fan my arse you utter shit stirring Gobshite!

Thanks Simon...

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He seems to be suggesting spending money on players is a bad thing.

Wolves, arguably the best team in the history of the second-tier, have a ceiling wage of £20,000 p/w. Accrington spend less than £10,000 p/w on their entire squad. Why are we paying £12,000 a week for the owners’ favourite players who barely even get game time? This clearly isn’t sustainable for a club of our size and reeks of Leyton Orient.

2 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Mike

I know you read this forum, why didn’t you have the bollocks to write this shit when Corney was chairman? You’ll always be a two bit hack. Oldham fan my arse you utter shit stirring Gobshite!

Thanks Simon...

much better for the edit 

Who is/are the mole/s?

A player wanting away

An agent of a player wanting away (some quoted)

A former player (one quoted)

The former Chairman (possibly refused to discuss)

A former employee quite high up in the hierarchy

4 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Does this mean I'm not going to get my free scarf when I get my season ticket?

I'm concerned I might not even get my season ticket.

Just now, singe said:

Who is/are the mole/s?

A player wanting away

An agent of a player wanting away (some quoted)

A former player (one quoted)

The former Chairman (possibly refused to discuss)

A former employee quite high up in the hierarchy

Davies is the striker Keegan is on about. As mentioned by Clifford a while ago, he wasn't allowed to move to Coventry. He downed tools since then...

Archived