Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Wolves, arguably the best team in the history of the second-tier, have a ceiling wage of £20,000 p/w. Accrington spend less than £10,000 p/w on their entire squad. Why are we paying £12,000 a week for the owners’ favourite players who barely even get game time? This clearly isn’t sustainable for a club of our size and reeks of Leyton Orient.

Mike is writing what he was told, I have no reason to  dispute that. The question we cannot know is if that was his wage at Nantes, and whether we were paying all of it.

I believe we should all have a sceptical hat on.

Interest line about the credit card by the staff, because that was during the purdah stage whent he takeover was going trough and not part of AL. Having been involved in during takeovers, my experiecne was you wer enot allowed to spend a penny at all.

"A member of office staff is understood to have taken out a credit card before Christmas to enable them to buy presents."

Doesn't everyone buy their Christmas presents on credit cards? Not justifying people being paid late but doing your Christmas shopping on plastic isn't the same as relying on food banks is it? 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Davies is the striker Keegan is on about. As mentioned by Clifford a while ago, he wasn't allowed to move to Coventry. He downed tools since then...

True. I did write that before editing it.

Many on here felt that was the case, so I don;t think there is much evidence for that. It may have been you that revealed this.

Maybe Wellens is about to depart and getting his PR in early.....

The Menig wage is right was told that months ago. 

Im in no doubt we are struggling. AL probably does interfere there’s not a lot we can do about that.

as for the financial issues the trust have alluded to it’ll take a year or two to clear up Corney’s shit storm of debts and the mistrust across the footballing world the club has sown by not paying its bills on time. 

Am i allowed to say I told you so?

Well guess i just did. Got absolutely slaughtered for just hinting at these on-goings whilst i was swiftly dismissed because i couldn’t disclose confidential proof.. Well there you have it. The Trust should start asking some actual questions of Lemsagam.

If he’s seriously prepared to sustain a wage bill of £2.4 million we would comfortably be the richest club in League Two and sensible recruitment would see us break records...

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

If he’s seriously prepared to sustain a wage bill of £2.4 million we would comfortably be the richest club in League Two and sensible recruitment would see us break records...

Whether it can be spent sensibly remains to be seen. Leyton Orient special is brewing with a divided team and no relationship between the manager and the owner.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Whether it can be spent sensibly remains to be seen. Leyton Orient special is brewing with a divided team and no relationship between the manager and the owner.

Yep. Menig reeks of the Dossena signing that Becchetti made, here’s praying there is no more of that to come this summer. Hopefully this media attention shames Abdallah into running the club properly and we can give it a good go next season but there doesn’t seem to be much cause for optimism atm. Worrying stuff.

38 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Mike

I know you read this forum, why didn’t you have the bollocks to write this shit when Corney was chairman? You’ll always be a two bit hack. Oldham fan my arse you utter shit stirring Gobshite!

Thanks Simon...

On this occasion I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

I was slaughtered on here months ago for claiming the foreign imports were on a combined 20k as well as the expense of putting them up in hotels, an absolute waste of money and if its Abdallah's then it's unsustainable, ironically if we hadn't of brought in any of our foreign recruits I think we'd of stayed up comfortably with a bog standard keeper in for Placide and with the rest out of the way we'd of been just fine and 500k better off.

Feared a Orient scenario was on the horizon now makes sense the lack of desire/endeavor with the run in to the season, RW not being sacked when were relegated did not make sense is the reason why we cannot afford to sack him ?

Owner going into dressing room never works heard Simon Jordan recalling a time he did this in hindsight he regretted this it undermines the manages & also confirms the manager is not doing his job when you resort to this so should of sacked him earlier.

Very worrying times on the horizon Corney promised  he would only sell to someone who could take the club forward was he being truthful?

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

Feared a Orient scenario was on the horizon now makes sense the lack of desire/endeavor with the run in to the season, RW not being sacked when were relegated did not make sense is the reason why we cannot afford to sack him ?

Owner going into dressing room never works heard Simon Jordan recalling a time he did this in hindsight he regretted this it undermines the manages & also confirms the manager is not doing his job when you resort to this so should of sacked him earlier.

Very worrying times on the horizon Corney promised  he would only sell to someone who could take the club forward was he being truthful?

Corney is a cunt I wouldn't believe a single word the blokes ever said. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Corney is a cunt I wouldn't believe a single word the blokes ever said. 

The trust said he was the source of the sun article, so its surprises me he declined to comment and stick the knife in now hes been binned off. It's lies or he's been threatened with legal action after that

17 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I really think we need to hear from the Trust about this. 

After all isnt isn’t one of their functions to try to ensure that the Chris Moore situation never happens again?

Or the club. 

This might be clutching at straws Im hoping these are just teething problems for Lemsagam and that he has looked at last season and seen his mistakes. If not then its a very worrying direction the club is heading in. One where knowone benefits.

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On this occasion I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

I was slaughtered on here months ago for claiming the foreign imports were on a combined 20k as well as the expense of putting them up in hotels, an absolute waste of money and if its Abdallah's then it's unsustainable, ironically if we hadn't of brought in any of our foreign recruits I think we'd of stayed up comfortably with a bog standard keeper in for Placide and with the rest out of the way we'd of been just fine and 500k better off.

To be fair Keegan probably got that information from your post off here. The full article appears pretty much to be written on old posts from owtb and twitter.

Badly written and cowardly article... of course it’s cowardly, he’s what passes for a journalist these days. 

That said....

I really think we need a proper statement from the Club AND the Trust where the issues are replied to in detail.   A club statement simply saying “don’t panic” won’t do and a statement from the trust just saying “we are looking in to it” won’t wash again either.  

The club should answer each point directly and the Trust should now spill what it’s much vaunted ‘man on the board’ knows.... everything. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Am i allowed to say I told you so?

Well guess i just did. Got absolutely slaughtered for just hinting at these on-goings whilst i was swiftly dismissed because i couldn’t disclose confidential proof.. Well there you have it. The Trust should start asking some actual questions of Lemsagam.

Source? 

Sick of cowards like keegan quoting sources that apparently don’t even work there any more so have nothing to fear...  

name the source!

Archived