Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Just arranging a collection to send Mr MacAnthony some flowers and a box of choccies on behalf of Oldham Athletic, any of the Twitter apologists wanna contribute??

Inbox me Huns x

Sorry I've already put in for a thank you card to AL for being such a hero for standing up for the little clubs

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

There are 91 league clubs to deal with. The more you piss off, the less favours/loans etc. you’re likely to get in return. Like what happened with Corney at the end. 

The majority of our signings under AL will not come from 75% of these clubs. Prem and Championship loans and free agents within England. The rest are going to be foreign. And lets face it, if we have players who are valued and wanted by clubs, they will just have to deal with AL to get them. Its a competitive market, and you have to be ruthless to get the best deals.

22 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Just arranging a collection to send Mr MacAnthony some flowers and a box of choccies on behalf of Oldham Athletic, any of the Twitter apologists wanna contribute??

Inbox me Huns x

Any of the Marcoco lovers wanna set a GoFundme to contribute to the season ticket shortfall?

22 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Peterborough sold there young stars for alot over the years we get peanuts for ours. So stop winging Peterborough chairman. Good on AL get as much as you can for George 

Getting as much as you can does not have to constitute being a twat!!!

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Getting as much as you can does not have to constitute being a twat!!!

Exactly.  Levy at Spurs seems to have acquired the reputtion of being the most challenging Chaorman to negotiate with.  But I've never heard of him acting in a way that just p!sses other clubs off.  The two thigs aren't mutually exclusive.

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Exactly.  Levy at Spurs seems to have acquired the reputtion of being the most challenging Chaorman to negotiate with.  But I've never heard of him acting in a way that just p!sses other clubs off.  The two thigs aren't mutually exclusive.

The one that gets Edmundson might be grateful that we did...

AL is lucky George isn't too keen on going to Posh. If he does this and the player wants to go to the club he fucks over he will have an issue. 

AL clearly does not know how to even conduct transfers in a proper manner, the only thing we thought he may be able to do. Absolute shambles. 

55 minutes ago, squeefoldham said:

Which means the club can no longer introduce people who want to finance a season ticket to a credit provider.

Is Grace Nuttall still at the club?  She was the person nominated to the FCA as being responsible.

Silly to allow a basic bit of form filling to go wrong in that way.  Just do your return!

The FCA aren’t the best, but they are very helpful in matters such as this. 

Amateurish by the club.

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Which means the club can no longer introduce people who want to finance a season ticket to a credit provider.

Is Grace Nuttall still at the club?  She was the person nominated to the FCA as being responsible.

I'm pretty certain she isn't, but I can't be sure whether she left of her own free will or was one of the Lemsagam hatchet jobs. What a bloody state we're in.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

I'm pretty certain she isn't, but I can't be sure whether she left of her own free will or was one of the Lemsagam hatchet jobs. What a bloody state we're in.

I'm assuming she isn't as no longer on the club site but nobody took her off the FCA register

1 hour ago, squeefoldham said:

For the sake of my aging brain, can someone explain in words of no more than two syllables, what this means? Our have I missed something previously?

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

For the sake of my aging brain, can someone explain in words of no more than two syllables, what this means? Our have I missed something previously?

We’re getting a bollocking from the FCA for not submitting accounts & being evasive, and (according to @Dave_Og) means we’ll be unable to refer supporters to a credit provider to finance season tickets.

Its symptomatic of the sh1t show Marco is running. Anyone who continues to defend him is deluding themselves.

Archived