Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I have just done one. It took about three minutes and I expect it to be confirmed this afternoon. 

I was pessimistic. I submitted at 10.48 and it was confirmed at 10.50. It is not a complex process. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my head now whenever l see something AL has done, or hear him talk or whatever, l get a flash pic of him creepily smiling dubbed over with LB’s voice saying ‘president’ rather than owner or chairman etc. This helps me cope with him running us like drug cartel rather than a Football Club.

It's so bizarre that people vent their anger at the Trust and specifically Darren. We have known for years that the Trust have absolutely no control, power or sway, and the board director appointment is purely symbolic. It means he will be invited to directors meetings, where his 3% say means fuck all,  but he will not be privy to any information AL decides not to share. He will also not be at the club on a daily or even weekly basis, as he doesn't work there. The most he can do is take suggestions and try and advise AL about fan feelings, such as writing weak letters and bleet a bit in a director meeting. The problem lies with the owner, and the whole structure of the club and to an extent football league. The Trust are and always have been a symbolic pointless tool for fans to vent things that fall on deaf ears.

I couldn't agree more with the poster that said drop the shares and become independent, but the Trust are too scared to give over that ownership of the 3% as they believe it entitles them to see things which, evidently, the cannot. A clean break would give rise a stronger voice and stronger actions. For now the Trust wont be seen to promote striking and further action against the club and owner, as effectively they are part owners themselves and believe their own "softly, softly" approach of letter writing and waiting around for info promised in 1 to 1 sit downs with a blatant liar of an owner is working :dntknw:.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I was pessimistic. I submitted at 10.48 and it was confirmed at 10.50. It is not a complex process. 

Cheers Dave. The club accountant returns from Morocco early next week so we have should see some progress re accounts and FCA.

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cheers Dave. The club accountant returns from Morocco early next week so we have should see some progress re accounts and FCA.

That reminds me, I have to source some suitcases for my holiday.

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

The Lemsagams took the accountant to Morocco when the accounts are due!?!? Or they themselves are the accountants.... 

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You wouldn't volunteer to give up your time to run The Nazi party because you thought Hitler was doing a shit job would you

You really do talk some absolute shite.

8 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

The Lemsagams took the accountant to Morocco when the accounts are due!?!? Or they themselves are the accounts.... 

Even if they were done and signed off they still don't need to be in Morocco unless we are trialing them upfront which given we have just given Vera a contract might be seen as an upgrade.

34 minutes ago, underdog said:

I don’t think there will be progress with the FCA. They’ve struck the club off and it will be very difficult to get back in with them. 

41 minutes ago, youngen said:

It's so bizarre that people vent their anger at the Trust and specifically Darren. We have known for years that the Trust have absolutely no control, power or sway, and the board director appointment is purely symbolic. It means he will be invited to directors meetings, where his 3% say means fuck all,  but he will not be privy to any information AL decides not to share. He will also not be at the club on a daily or even weekly basis, as he doesn't work there. The most he can do is take suggestions and try and advise AL about fan feelings, such as writing weak letters and bleet a bit in a director meeting. The problem lies with the owner, and the whole structure of the club and to an extent football league. The Trust are and always have been a symbolic pointless tool for fans to vent things that fall on deaf ears.

I couldn't agree more with the poster that said drop the shares and become independent, but the Trust are too scared to give over that ownership of the 3% as they believe it entitles them to see things which, evidently, the cannot. A clean break would give rise a stronger voice and stronger actions. For now the Trust wont be seen to promote striking and further action against the club and owner, as effectively they are part owners themselves and believe their own "softly, softly" approach of letter writing and waiting around for info promised in 1 to 1 sit downs with a blatant liar of an owner is working :dntknw:.

I think part of the problem when we look at the effectiveness of the Trust position and practices is that it's easy to assume that there is another route that actually would achieve everything we want. Maybe, maybe not.

15 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think part of the problem when we look at the effectiveness of the Trust position and practices is that it's easy to assume that there is another route that actually would achieve everything we want. Maybe, maybe not.

Agreed, but the Trusts current way isn't exactly effective anyway. The case of "better the devil you know" is the why the Trust remain as they are I believe

59 minutes ago, underdog said:

.........The club accountant returns from Morocco early next week so we have should see some progress re accounts and FCA.

44 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

The Lemsagams took the accountant to Morocco when the accounts are due!?!?.......

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

.......Even if they were done and signed off they still don't need to be in Morocco unless we are trialing them upfront which given we have just given Vera a contract might be seen as an upgrade.

I wonder why Marco took the accountants? Why would you want your accountant with you on a training camp abroad? Hmmmm. :mmm:Who are the accountants anyway?

He'd have never have taken the Head of Commercial though would he? I mean, during Pre-Season when there are hospitality boxes to sell, sponsors to meet, networking/events he could be attending in the local community. Surely it would be a monumental waste of time to take the club's commercial dept to Agadir? :petesake:

If the club chaplain isn't currently lay on a sunlounger in a riad or mooching around a souq for some new threads, then it's a fkin disgrace.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I wonder why Marco took the accountants? Why would you want your accountant with you on a training camp abroad? Hmmmm. :mmm:Who are the accountants anyway?

He'd have never have taken the Head of Commercial though would he? I mean, during Pre-Season when there are hospitality boxes to sell, sponsors to meet, networking/events he could be attending in the local community. Surely it would be a monumental waste of time to take the club's commercial dept to Agadir? :petesake:

If the club chaplain isn't currently lay on a sunlounger in a riad or mooching around a souq for some new threads, then it's a fkin disgrace.

Perhaps the accountant is also a trialist?😁

1 hour ago, youngen said:

It's so bizarre that people vent their anger at the Trust and specifically Darren. We have known for years that the Trust have absolutely no control, power or sway, and the board director appointment is purely symbolic.

A judge wouldn't take the same view if the club found themselves in legal bother - He'd also be symbolically in jail

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Is this definitely right Tracy? Have the Trust been told that the accountant has gone with the club to Morocco? Very bizarre if true.

I guess the accountant could be in Morocco on holiday, purely coincidental to the training camp.

Alternatively this might suggest that the accountant has a broader role at the club which may well be a good thing.

18 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Is this definitely right Tracy? Have the Trust been told that the accountant has gone with the club to Morocco? Very bizarre if true.

I guess the accountant could be in Morocco on holiday, purely coincidental to the training camp.

Alternatively this might suggest that the accountant has a broader role at the club which may well be a good thing.

Contract negotiator...?

For reasons of interest. the OAFC Accountant is/was attached to a 6 year company ATS Acccountancy.

A quick persual reveals who I think is his brother.

S Alam is listed elsewhere as a Director of ATS but not a Companies House.
A few relatively new companies, but nothing of substance. Quite a new business.

FWIWE he is a governer at Oldham 6th form college.

image.thumb.png.84483783a954ed06faf94301281edc07.png

Archived