Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

If I was Grace Nuttall (of whom I know nothing) I'd be concerned.  As at yesterday (the authorisation has been formally cancelled today) she was the person nominated as having responsibility for the club's regulated activities and, as a result, should she ever apply for such a position again it will come up on her record regardless of whether she was actually there - I have no idea when she departed the club but am assume she has done so.   Post leaving she would have been unable to remove her name from the register using the normal processes as that would have to be done by a representative of the authorised firm.

Before you go worrying the poor woman, I'm sure he'll be fine if she contacts the FCA and gives them what they need to rectify it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Before you go worrying the poor woman, I'm sure he'll be fine if she contacts the FCA and gives them what they need to rectify it.

It's rarely that simple. Seriously. 

40 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If I was Grace Nuttall (of whom I know nothing) I'd be concerned.  As at yesterday (the authorisation has been formally cancelled today) she was the person nominated as having responsibility for the club's regulated activities and, as a result, should she ever apply for such a position again it will come up on her record regardless of whether she was actually there - I have no idea when she departed the club but am assume she has done so.   Post leaving she would have been unable to remove her name from the register using the normal processes as that would have to be done by a representative of the authorised firm.

She was sacked fairly early into AL's tenure.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

She was sacked fairly early into AL's tenure.

If anyone knows her it would be a kindness to flag this and get her to contact the FCA.   In the regulated world it is very often a case of guilty until proved innocent.

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I’m an authorised individual on the Register. 

Those two are rather overthinking this. It’s very simple.  If OAFC need to be registered to act as credit brokers then they need to do an annual return to the FCA to keep their authorisation.

They obviously haven’t.  So, either they don’t want/need to be able to introduce to finance any more, or they fucked up and forgot.  Because, even if you didn’t want to have the permission any more you can’t just ignore the FCA, you have to apply to alter/end permissions. 

(Edit. Purle says the same as me in another tweet, although he says “it’s a cheap way to do it”... that’s nonsense, there is no cost unless you retain someone to do it for you, which you wouldn’t as it’s simple.)

Is there a cost involved in being registered with the FCA for credit broking?

On 6/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

There's another player too who has been told of Latics' interest and told his agent to say nope straight away. I thought you were on about the same player at first, but this guy is a striker and has been mentioned on this board before...

He's now signed for Port Vale...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's now signed for Port Vale...

Would have been decent signing Richie Bennett, obviously with his Oldham connections knows what's been going on and thought thanks but no thanks!!

8 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

Would have been decent signing Richie Bennett, obviously with his Oldham connections knows what's been going on and thought thanks but no thanks!!

Doubt he would have fitted into the exciting brand of football promised by the owner to be fair.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Sorry if this has been psoted
Little update on the North Stand/land buyout

Video of the top floor.

PLanning for the wider stadium plans....

top floor will be a top class hospitality  area up to 500 people

Matchday supporters bar

Meetings this week with more news soon.

https://boundaryparkpurchase.home.blog/

Thank you for this. With regard to the matchday supporters' bar, if you have a ticket or season ticket for elsewhere in the stadium, will you still be able to use that bar prior and after the game? I hope so because, if not, they will miss out on an awful lot of potential income. Just hope this hasn't been overlooked (e.g. if only those actually sitting in the North Stand for the match will be able to access the bar). Does anyone know please?

41 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Thank you for this. With regard to the matchday supporters' bar, if you have a ticket or season ticket for elsewhere in the stadium, will you still be able to use that bar prior and after the game? I hope so because, if not, they will miss out on an awful lot of potential income. Just hope this hasn't been overlooked (e.g. if only those actually sitting in the North Stand for the match will be able to access the bar). Does anyone know please?

Anybody will be let in. Probably away fans too. Obviously.

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Why wouldn’t you be? It’s a Supporter’s bar. 

14 hours ago, deyres42 said:

14 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Thank you - it was a comment from someone else who thought you may only be able to access it if you had a ticket or were paying into the North Stand - he said something to do with health and safety and knowing numbers in there etc. - clearly false info - cheers

21 hours ago, wiseowl said:

20 hours ago, deyres42 said:

20 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I know we've been here before last time this was supposed to happen but I've'forgotten what the answer was - what's the significance of the words "Supporters" i.e. the difference between a "bar" and a "supporters bar"? 

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I know we've been here before last time this was supposed to happen but I've'forgotten what the answer was - what's the significance of the words "Supporters" i.e. the difference between a "bar" and a "supporters bar"? 

Maybe you could search for it using the search function. 😁

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, wiseowl said:

Thank you - it was a comment from someone else who thought you may only be able to access it if you had a ticket or were paying into the North Stand - he said something to do with health and safety and knowing numbers in there etc. - clearly false info - cheers

That was to use the empty shop space under the stand which was to be organised by the Trust. This is totally different I guess there is a main entrance to the upper floors of the stand, maybe the same entrance which accesses the gym (I don't know I haven't been round that side of the ground).

The Football Supporters Federation merged with Supporters Direct recently and currently having their first AGM as e Football Supporters’ Association. They’ve just approved a motion to lobby the FA and EFL to introduce a licensing system and implement an independent regulator to replace the Owners and Directors test...

41 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Tony Philliskirk's 1st of three cases against the club   for wrongful dismissal, breach of contract and unpaid wages is being head on Tuesday at an employment tribunal 

Wasn't treated fairly and has a decent case, don't know about Andy Rhodes?

4 hours ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Tony Philliskirk's 1st of three cases against the club   for wrongful dismissal, breach of contract and unpaid wages is being head on Tuesday at an employment tribunal 

4 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Wasn't treated fairly and has a decent case, don't know about Andy Rhodes?

It’s going to cost Mr. Lemsagam (and therefore our football club/budget) a lot of money.... I’d like to know the sum total of all the litigation brought about by his actions.... but I bet it runs well into 6 figures. The moron.

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It’s going to cost Mr. Lemsagam (and therefore our football club/budget) a lot of money.... I’d like to know the sum total of all the litigation brought about by his actions.... but I bet it runs well into 6 figures. The moron.

Moron is such an underused word - and there aren’t many more apt usages of it than this one right here. 

48 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It doesn't so far. However, Philliskirk's case might well be more expensive than all the others combined. The thing that could work in the club's favour is that Philliskirk has a new job, which is likely better paid. 

Often the biggest cost in Employment Tribunals is legal fees. 

The only case that has gone to actual Employment Tribunal (so not dropped or settled before hand) was under Corney's watch. The ?Chief Executive who we got after he'd been sacked by Chesterfield for allegedly doing a dodgy lottery. 

Archived