Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I hope the trust don’t genuinely expect any transparency from the owner as they wont get any

Well I think I can see right through him!😂.

Let's hope he can change our minds with some good signings.

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Overall the club "feels" in a better place? Wtf are we going off feelings now? We haven't responded the FCA, haven't  submitted accounts and by the sound of it, the trust haven't seen accounts! Jesus wept, as long as it feels a better place when we press the red button. Everything will be ok.

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Overall the club "feels" in a better place? Wtf are we going off feelings now? We haven't responded the FCA, haven't  submitted accounts and by the sound of it, the trust haven't seen accounts! Jesus wept, as long as it feels a better place when we press the red button. Everything will be ok.

But Dazza is on the board so everything's cool :OASISscarf:

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

‘I am awaiting a response from the club accountant’

‘I am waiting to hear back from the Club Accountant’

🤔

I'm disappointed he has not taken Dave's advice, adn at least 2 other people that could help, on this "final warning" and downplayed the importance. When it is Final Notice.

I'll get worried when Barry Jnr gets worried. Nothing to see here ladies and gents, "feels better" doesn't it?

I mean not like hundreds of fans have turned their back on the club and the internal workings are so bad we've got serious financial questions to answer.

I just hope that pesky Fans Group doesn't come along and try and take over meaning we lose such talent as the Lemmys, Barry and Barry Jnr. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is AL in Morocco? The reason I  ask is that I'd like to be a fly on the wall if our lower league owning, quick fire, gives a little gift, makes a a bit of a PR gaffe, only owns a club no lend Moroccan owner met with the very wealthy, gives the gift of Rivaldo, makes a PR gaffe revealing Rivaldo, hire em fire em, and who happens to be a major property developer Moroccan owner of the non league soon to be lower league club we played last night. 

I'd imagine they'd have a lot in common and lots to talk about, and potential opportunities.

Idle speculation of course,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46919411

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCC_Mohammédia

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Is AL in Morocco? The reason I  ask is that I'd like to be a fly on the wall if our lower league owning, quick fire, gives a little gift, makes a a bit of a PR gaffe, only owns a club no lend Moroccan owner met with the very wealthy, gives the gift of Rivaldo, makes a PR gaffe revealing Rivaldo, hire em fire em, and who happens to be a major property developer Moroccan owner of the non league soon to be lower league club we played last night. 

I'd imagine they'd have a lot in common and lots to talk about, and potential opportunities.

Idle speculation of course,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46919411

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCC_Mohammédia

Eh?

17 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Eh?

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Was thinking the same

I've never underestimated AL. I don't believe he bought us but did not realise the land was excluded. The significantly wealthy owner of Chabab Mohammedia has a lot in common, some humorous, some legit with our owner. Eg gifts, buying a lower league club, a few gaffes. We don't know AL's motivation, we don't' know the finances, it is very hard to believe AL is happy just owning the club. Their owner could be a source of income. AL tried to but Brass Bank, he knows he needs a whole club, but has been outbid.  If, and it is admittedly a big if at this stage,  another site has been identified then here is someone who could develop it. It's a theory at this stage, but it potentially is an option to tie a few loose ends, fill a few gaps.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:27 PM, Clifford said:

I'll get worried when Barry Jnr gets worried. Nothing to see here ladies and gents, "feels better" doesn't it?

I mean not like hundreds of fans have turned their back on the club and the internal workings are so bad we've got serious financial questions to answer.

I just hope that pesky Fans Group doesn't come along and try and take over meaning we lose such talent as the Lemmys, Barry and Barry Jnr. 

What role does this Barry Jnr have?

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What role does this Barry Jnr have?

I think his real name is Darren?

I thought he was on the board as trust rep to represent the fans but he confirmed that as trust rep on the board he is there to advise the owner. 

Two different things. I just hope one day someone with some bollocks can join the board to represent and fight for the fans. Push our views. Challenge the owner. There is no challenge at OAFC to him despite the fans actually having 3% shares and a place on the board.

Barry Jnr has already rolled over and let Barry Snr et all tickle his bits. Demands from the Trust seem to have died off. No protest took place and then Barry Jnr was there to represent us. No shock.

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I think his real name is Darren?

I thought he was on the board as trust rep to represent the fans but he confirmed that as trust rep on the board he is there to advise the owner. 

Maybe he is advising the owner regarding the views and interests of fans?  You appear to be very dismissive; do you know Darren? 

Archived