Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

To try to answer Adam's question, RPI (I know - not necessarily the most appropriate basis for measuring what inflation has done to land values, but as a readily available measure of the time value of money it'll give an idea) was 192.2 in June 2005, when the MEN reported that Blitz, Gazal and Corney paid £3.1m for the ground (they paid £5m in total to include the business assets of the club according to the MEN: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/boundary-park-bought-back-1120835 ).

RPI in Jan 2021, the latest available reading from ONS, was 294.6 so £3.1m x 294.6/192.2 = £4.75m. Add on whatever the North Stand might be worth and I would say £6m isn't way off, no.

Whether Blitz can find a willing buyer at that valuation, even if it's not unreasonable, is another matter.

If Blitz sells the OEC for 6 million I’ll drink my own my piss. Or in fact, if he sells OEC at all, I’d be staggered. Who on earth is going a buy a half built interior stand on the side of a struggling club league two club. The only way he’ll ever see his money back, is if a new owner wants badge and stand which anyone sensible wouldn't overpay for. Or the club goes under and sells the land, which the value will be vastly reduced by having to knock the north stand down before any new project.   Either way blitz loses a lot of money, which as we know. He doesn’t do. 

He’s far better off watching us struggle, while picking up his rent every year.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If Blitz sells the OEC for 6 million I’ll drink my own my piss. Or in fact, if he sells OEC at all, I’d be staggered. Who on earth is going a buy a half built interior stand on the side of a struggling club league two club. The only way he’ll ever see his money back, is if a new owner wants badge and stand which anyone sensible wouldn't overpay for. Or the club goes under and sells the land, which the value will be vastly reduced by having to knock the north stand down before any new project.   Either way blitz loses a lot of money, which as we know. He doesn’t do. 

🤮

ln the process of bein right youve just reminded me of the time my £5 ground rent bill came in on a property l had just purchased and it proper pissed me off so l wrote to them to find out much it would be to buy it off them and they quoted me just under £10K

🤮🤮🤮

Oh how young and naiive l was

😂

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The £6M or whatever is for the ground and car park not just the North Stand.

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

In many ways, I think it's more important to be rid of Blitz than to be rid of Lemsagam...

I’ve been saying this forever... along with @lookersstandandy

Even after the recent podcast where I reiterated it, I was jumped on by those that can’t see the wood for the trees including our friendly ‘supporter’ hack from the Mail who was annoyed I dared to disagree with him. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

@mick26has beaten me to it, but the £6m tag is for the whole ground, not the OEC. I was responding to Adam's original question, namely whether with inflation £6m is a not unreasonable price compared to the £3m+ which Blitz & co. paid 15 years ago. The answer is that, on strictly inflationary grounds and taking into account the addition of the North Stand, £6m is not outlandish. I offer no opinion on whether Blitz will realise that figure if he sells the ground.

36 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

@mick26has beaten me to it, but the £6m tag is for the whole ground, not the OEC. I was responding to Adam's original question, namely whether with inflation £6m is a not unreasonable price compared to the £3m+ which Blitz & co. paid 15 years ago. The answer is that, on strictly inflationary grounds and taking into account the addition of the North Stand, £6m is not outlandish. I offer no opinion on whether Blitz will realise that figure if he sells the ground.

I think 99.99% of us know it’s for the whole ground 

Why is inflation relevant? This is land and property, supply and demand....not a loaf of bread. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I wondered whether Coco and Co did/do something similar but more in terms of giving a positive spin on the management of the club. Do we have any new posters that tried to defend the club and, for example, it's poor January window by actually claiming that it was a good business period and selling Rowe made total sense?

Just a thought. Love a good conspiracy...

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Barcelona always have seemed to have financial scandals around them during the more than 40 years I've been in Spain. It was the same back in the Venables era.

It doesn't say in that article but one of those arrested is the ex president Bartomeu, and one of the charges against him is hiring a group on social media to denigrate and undermine Messi's reputation.

Barcelona is a financial basket case. Desperate times... desperate measures. May be cruel, but I’d LOVE a bit club to die under the weight of their debt. I’d love it!  FFP is ludicrously lenient on the giant clubs with huge debt. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Assuming not actually libellous is that an offence?

It's just part of the charges. Supposedly using club money to do it, at the rate of more than €1m. a year for several years. That's why it's more a financial scandal than anything else. Link to the Marca article below. I'm not translating. I suppose it will appear in the British press soon.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2021/03/01/603ccf30e2704eb5308b4667.html

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

This is more related to the old regime. The one Messi toppled by pretending to leave..

No pretending. He would have gone but for the massive compensation clause to the club in his contract.  As soon as it's up though he'll leave.

1 hour ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Barcelona always have seemed to have financial scandals around them during the more than 40 years I've been in Spain. It was the same back in the Venables era.

It doesn't say in that article but one of those arrested is the ex president Bartomeu, and one of the charges against him is hiring a group on social media to denigrate and undermine Messi's reputation.

If that's the case I'm flabbergasted, social media really is a case of plummeting the depths. Having said that if they needed some people to undermine a player, they could have borrowed a few off here. 

15 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

No pretending. He would have gone but for the massive compensation clause to the club in his contract.  As soon as it's up though he'll leave.

At the time, after how poorly Suarez was treated, l do believe in the heat and emotion of the moment the beurofax was mostly sincere.

However, lm expecting him to sign a new deal when Joan returns to power next week.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

At the time, after how poorly Suarez was treated, l do believe in the heat and emotion of the moment the beurofax was mostly sincere.

However, lm expecting him to sign a new deal when Joan returns to power next week.

Yes that billboard in front of the Bernabeu was a marketing masterstroke which made Laporta favourite to win, and throwing his enemies in the clink the week of the elections has made him a dead cert. Timing just coincidence? However long the investigation has been going on, no high profile arrests are coincidence in this country. The Mossos do what they’re told.

As for Messi he took a long time to get over the Suarez thing, it’s only recently that he’s started passing to that poor sod Braithwaite, he’s going on 34, not the player he once was and whatever his personal relationship with Laporta is, he doesn’t like the secessionists in general and if he does sign it will be sold as a secessionist victory.

But I suppose anything can happen in that mayhem.

23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I think 99.99% of us know it’s for the whole ground 

Why is inflation relevant? This is land and property, supply and demand....not a loaf of bread. 

Precisely why I offered no view on whether Blitz will realise £6m if he sells. FWIW, good luck buying land and property at 2005 prices, particularly where the site has been developed. You never know.

For the third and final time, I was responding to Adam's question about how £6m today compared to £3m+ 15 years ago when you took inflation into account. A reasonable question, to which I tried to provide a reasonable answer. 

On 2/28/2021 at 8:47 AM, adamoafc said:

You say only a lunatic would pay but when Blitz did that talk with fans he confirmed he bought it from the council for somewhere in the region of £3.7 mill back in 2005. Since then a new stand has been built to generate extra income along with others renting space for the gym and the Hospital renting car parking. With inflation, general value of property constantly rising and the overall value of money is £6 mill way off value in 2021?

Blitz told the PTB Q&A that the "ground and freehold was bought off the council by Brassbank for £4.6 Million, which was paid for in August 2004."

https://pushtheboundary.co.uk/blitz-q-a

The guy who confronted AL in the main stand last season saying his regime was ruining a great club was spot on.

He was whisked away before he could say more. They don't like hearing the truth do they, which is why I feel Mo won't be interviewed. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The guy who confronted AL in the main stand last season saying his regime was ruining a great club was spot on.

He was whisked away before he could say more. They don't like hearing the truth do they, which is why I feel Mo won't be interviewed. 

His club. He can run it however he likes. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is...

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Whilst the real villain sits silently overseas lining his smug, plush pockets.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤮🤮.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another reason why we need fans back in the ground. Until then (and no doubt for a while after) 🤡 can simply ignore public opinion.

Archived