Team v Charlton

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Bullshit. Fane has enough talent for this league easily. 

Fane isn't pretty but he does his job well... He breaks up play and in fairness to him, he looks more comfortable on the ball than last year. He looks clumsy but i think if you look through that he has potential. He also cares.... He was gutted to come off whereas banks strolls about playing terrible fifty yard floated balls and doesnt seem to give a monkeys. 

I agree that banks was put in a position that maybe didnt suit but he was abysmal. I never want to see him play for us again. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there today, but what's going on with Shez? Playing Wilson in net and Banks - every supporter can see how daft that is yet he perseveres. It makes me question him more than I thought I would. If Kelly or Robinson did the same we'd be slagging them off big time, calling them clueless and the sort.

I think Doyle and Mental is the first choice 2 up front. Midfield looks OK,  they got through Gardner a bit too easily at times, he needs to be further forward getting shots away. My thoughts on our defensive issue haven't changed. 

Hate to pick on a young player but Wilson isn't good enough for first choice keeper. He's been unlucky to have a few great shots launched at him but straight forward ones go straight through him.

Ref a cunt, obvs

Charlton were an excellent side, I thought. They worked the ball well and, in Holmes, had the outstanding player on the park.

We didn't start until we went two down, or to be more accurate, until Sheridan made the sub. We fell behind to a wonder strike, but Ricky Holmes' ability to shoot from long distance isn't exactly a secret, so I'm amazed and annoyed that we didn't get out to close him down earlier. Brian Wilson had a bit of a torrid afternoon and that showed with the 2nd goal as he was turned inside-out.

I thought Doyle and Davies were a handful up top, and liked the look of the Byrne/Gardner partnership. Massively worried about us defensively. The drop in standard between Peter Clarke last season and Peter Clarke this season is a massive concern.

The red card killed us. It's no secret I'm no fan of Fane, but I thought he was really harshly dealt with and it knocked the stuffing out of us. I think most people who read my tweets/posts on here will agree that I very rarely berate officials and would rather save it for our players, but that guy today was an absolute joke. 

If we perform like that for the rest of the season, there is no doubt in my mind that we'll finish in our usual 18th position...

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

I thought his analysis was pretty fair to be honest

He was right that Shez got it wrong early doors. But that all he was right about imo. Don't forget, this clown rates Banks.... that alone confirms he should be nowhere near a coaching field ever again. Luckily, he probably never will be, as he has been an abject failure wherever he has been. Dale fans despise him for a good reason.  Charlatan. Another stealing a living from football. The love in for him on GMR really grates. 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Charlton were an excellent side, I thought. They worked the ball well and, in Holmes, had the outstanding player on the park.

We didn't start until we went two down, or to be more accurate, until Sheridan made the sub. We fell behind to a wonder strike, but Ricky Holmes' ability to shoot from long distance isn't exactly a secret, so I'm amazed and annoyed that we didn't get out to close him down earlier. Brian Wilson had a bit of a torrid afternoon and that showed with the 2nd goal as he was turned inside-out.

I thought Doyle and Davies were a handful up top, and liked the look of the Byrne/Gardner partnership. Massively worried about us defensively. The drop in standard between Peter Clarke last season and Peter Clarke this season is a massive concern.

The red card killed us. It's no secret I'm no fan of Fane, but I thought he was really harshly dealt with and it knocked the stuffing out of us. I think most people who read my tweets/posts on here will agree that I very rarely berate officials and would rather save it for our players, but that guy today was an absolute joke. 

If we perform like that for the rest of the season, there is no doubt in my mind that we'll finish in our usual 18th position...

Wilson was abandoned by Banks and so the second was Banks' fault all day long.  He went walkabout (again) and their player couldn't believe his luck. Immediately he raised his arm and the ball was duly delivered.... goal. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Wilson was abandoned by Banks and so the second was Banks' fault all day long.  He went walkabout (again) and their player couldn't believe his luck. Immediately he raised his arm and the ball was duly delivered.... goal. 

Yeah, I did forget to add that bit into my summary to be honest...

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They played a quick move and they breezed past banks... Something which happens all too often. He's guilty of ball watching which also explains why he stands still 30 seconds after passing the ball. 

Weird but after yet another loss I am more optimistic than at the start of the season. After the formation change our midfield looked the part, enthusiastic and ability to create and a forward line that new how to turn and move towards goal  with the ball and best of all we scored 3 against a very good team.

Wilson was given a last chance IMO because of not conceding a regular goal last game but has to be dropped if not sent back to where he came from.

The #40 Kean Bryan did very well, I was genuinely surprised at how good he was though he tired in the second half 

I was entertained by this game - the ref getting flustered and losing his grip would have been funny for a neutral to watch but it cost us the game - and the first Charlton goal was spectacular!  A draw would have been fair

COYB!

1 minute ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

Weird but after yet another loss I am more optimistic than at the start of the season. After the formation change our midfield looked the part, enthusiastic and ability to create and a forward line that new how to turn and move towards goal  with the ball and best of all we scored 3 against a very good team.

Wilson was given a last chance IMO because of not conceding a regular goal last game but has to be dropped if not sent back to where he came from.

The #40 Kean Bryan did very well, I was genuinely surprised at how good he was though he tired in the second half 

I was entertained by this game - the ref getting flustered and losing his grip would have been funny for a neutral to watch but it cost us the game - and the first Charlton goal was spectacular!  A draw would have been fair

COYB!

Steve Eyre said number 40 was terrible, couldn't run and didn't know how to play any position.  That's Steve Eyre the unemployed 'coach'. 

31 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Wasn't there today, but what's going on with Shez? Playing Wilson in net a - every supporter can see how daft that is yet he perseveres.

I wouldn't think that any supporter has a clue whether playing Wilson in nest is stupid given that no-one (?) has ever seen Placide play.

Lost that because Sheridan picked Banks as right sided midfield. First two goals would not have happened but for him. Referee horrendous but that loss is down to Banks starting and that is another failure by Sheridan.

That joke of a referee has form but don't just blame him. Hopefully the substitution of Banks means the penny has dropped with Sheridan. 

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was right that Shez got it wrong early doors. But that all he was right about imo. Don't forget, this clown rates Banks.... that alone confirms he should be nowhere near a coaching field ever again. Luckily, he probably never will be, as he has been an abject failure wherever he has been. Dale fans despise him for a good reason.  Charlatan. Another stealing a living from football. The love in for him on GMR really grates. 

So how do you square this with Sheridan picking him for every game so far this season?

Interesting afternoon.

First 20 minutes were as woeful as the two previous home games and it looked like another completely depressing afternoon.

I am not a member of the "Banks is awful

and the cause of everything wrong with the team club"(perhaps an exaggeration but he does get a lot of grief) - and at the time I thought he was not the worst player on the pitch.

A relatively soft penalty (ironic given the rest of the decisions) and suddenly we looked as good as we have all season.

Doyle and the new midfielders, along with the rest of the team looked like they had belief - and Charlton looked worried.

Second half started as the first ended and we deservedly grabbed an equaliser and I felt could go on and win it.

Sending off completely halted us in our tracks and then a mistake gifted them a 3rd and we lost impetus.

Credit to the team for getting back in it and maybe they could have grabbed a late equaliser.

Despite the defeat I left the ground with optimism for the first time.  Doyle, Byrne, Bryan and Gardener all looked good - as did Hunt and Clarke.  Davies still not impressed (I'd have brought Osei on earlier) but overall a better performance- minus the first 30 minutes.

Perhaps Oxford, Wigan and Charlton as some of the harder home games we will play all season, and a couple of narrow away defeats - we may eventually be better than we seem.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Bullshit. Fane has enough talent for this league easily. 

£100 to Playershare if Fane plays for Oldham in League one (same division) in the 2018/19 season. We are going to need players if he plays for us. I stopped giving money to Playershare after the Evans fiasco, I'll make an exception in this case.

Shez doesn't rate him, I don't rate him. He is a runner not a footballer. Instead of picking Fane he opted to play 2 players out of position- Banks was one, Bryan the other.

I can't see Banks starting the next game, I can't see Fane starting the next game he can either. 

55 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The part that I heard was when he said that he hadn't seen enough of Banks to comment on him either way,but nevertheless Banks should analyse his performance to understand why he was taken off.

Tactically we could have taken any of our midfield off for Fane when we did the substitution.Although there seems to be an assumption after 1 minute of each game that Banks is crap that isn't always the case. Last week at Blackpool he was one of the better players and he didn't even get criticised on here for his performance last week.

Very Unlucky today Shez got it wrong starting Banks and Wilson, Fane should of played from the start because he can tackle maybe dropped due to poor performance at Blackpool last week? Banks is just an absolute pussy prancing about the park like he's Pirlo and people just waltz past him whitout a challenge (1st goal) don't think we will see him play again, our midfield looked miles better after he went off, Gardener excellent my MOM and Byrne very good always looked for forward pass, and with Green to come back in we look sorted in that area, Bryan looked good but tired towards the end. 

Doyle looks a quality player for this level took his goal really well and move off the ball was clever, 50/50 on Davies looks like he can't be arsed most of time, the keeper we've got Wilson looks really poor and hope he doesn't start next week, Ruddy/Placide to replace the defence have 0 confidence in him. 

The reffere absoulote disgrace he's had history and that was just abysmal completely lost the plot, Fane is a walking red when he's been booked, but comes away with the ball breaks and he thinks Fane went over the top of the ball laughable, then Amos and there CB collide falls to Davies and he gives foul against Davies absolute joke, hope he got lynched on the way out.

All in all took a lot of confidence from that performance, stick with Shez and he will get us going. Got to remember we are light on bodies, Scored 3 against a really good side, Mcglacghin to come back in, new keeper and we will be sweet onto Fleetwood KTF ! 

Edited by Markspark92

9 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The part that I heard was when he said that he hadn't seen enough of Banks to comment on him either way,but nevertheless Banks should analyse his performance to understand why he was taken off.

Tactically we could have taken any of our midfield off for Fane when we did the substitution.Although there seems to be an assumption after 1 minute of each game that Banks is crap that isn't always the case. Last week at Blackpool he was one of the better players and he didn't even get criticised on here for his performance last week.

Yes. He lied. I clearly recall him saying earlier in the season that Banks was classy and composed.  Ps. Banks is crap. 

26 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Very Unlucky today Shez got it wrong starting Banks and Wilson, Fane should of played from the start because he can tackle maybe dropped due to poor performance at Blackpool last week? Banks is just an absolute pussy prancing about the park like he's Pirlo and people just waltz past him whitout a challenge (1st goal) don't think we will see him play again, our midfield looked miles better after he went off, Gardener excellent my MOM and Byrne very good always looked for forward pass, and with Green to come back in we look sorted in that area, Bryan looked good but tired towards the end. 

Doyle looks a quality player for this level took his goal really well and move off the ball was clever, 50/50 on Davies looks like he can't be arsed most of time, the keeper we've got Wilson looks really poor and hope he doesn't start next week, Ruddy/Placide to replace the defence have 0 confidence in him. 

The reffere absoulote disgrace he's had history and that was just abysmal completely lost the plot, Fane is a walking red when he's been booked, but two Charlton players collide, Fane in the centre and comes away with the ball and he thinks Fane went over the top of the ball laughable, then Amos and there CB collide falls to Davies and he gives foul against Davies absolute joke, hope he got lynched on the way out.

All in all took a lot of confidence from that performance, stick with Shez and he will get us going. Got to remember we are light on bodies, Scored 3 against a really good side, Mcglacghin to come back in, new keeper and we will be sweet onto Fleetwood KTF ! 

I think Green will come good in this side. He's been partnered by a couple of horseshit players in Banks and Fane. He'll have more time to control the game with passers alongside him.