Team v Charlton

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its absolutely no coincidence that as soon as Fane came on we took control. People will choose to focus on blaming Banks but to allow Gardner and Byrne to play Fane has to play. Baffling that Shez and his coach load of coaches can't  see this. 

First 30 minutes without enough steel in midfield we practically had 3 players out of the game. 2 strikers and Bryne who was playing a free role without any defensive responsibility. 

Midfield looks something like decent now with Jack Byrne Danny Gardner and Kean Bryan (when fully fit) with all of them looking to play the ball forward

Eoin Doyle has a class first touch and took his goal exceptionally well. Don't see him as a lone striker so we will need to find him a partner fairly sharpish and tbh I'm not at all sure who best fits that role. Davies movement is poor and hardly ever wins a header, Holloway wins a fair share of headers and could be the more likely to help feed Doyle.

Totally baffled why we continue to start so flat and every team in League One must know to chuck everything at us from the start.

Ben Wilsons confidence must be an issue now so we need to try our new International Keeper for the Fleetwood game

9 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

But it obviously caused more problems to us. We had to play with 10 men!

I've watched the Fane sending off several times and it looks like he sent him off for kicking the ball...but yeah maybe I'm just biased.

Yes, the red card decision was a joke.

You could argue that giving us a penalty caused them more problems than the red card gave us. It gave us a goal when we weren't looking like scoring again.

He was shit. But he wasn't just shit for us...

36 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

But it obviously caused more problems to us. We had to play with 10 men!

I've watched the Fane sending off several times and it looks like he sent him off for kicking the ball...but yeah maybe I'm just biased.

If anything charlton guy kicks fane.... The smug prat robinson was grinning like a cheshire cat... He knew they'd  bought that

Edited by Fruitygoo

2 hours ago, Flemboy said:

To be fair that is one mega shit ref who seems intent on booking for fun,ruins games,is on an ego trip and wants lynching from the nearest floodlights.

Heard fans were waiting outside for him after the game, hope he got lynched because that performance yesterday was a disgrace 

On the very very slight chance that anyone on here would be interested... Well, Galway won the All Ireland anyway - the weekend isn't a write off for me and I've something to celebrate in sport for the first time in a long time... I actually got to lift the Liam McCarthy cup itself at work on Tuesday having arrived in wearing my Latics jersey after the cycle in. I hope it's the start of a run of luck that spreads into my beloved Latics. 

4 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Heard fans were waiting outside for him after the game, hope he got lynched because that performance yesterday was a disgrace 

If anybody did that, it is disgusting.  You hoped he got lynched?  This is a game of football.  A game.  He may not be the best player we have ever had...but lynching?  Get a grip.

9 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

If anybody did that, it is disgusting.  You hoped he got lynched?  This is a game of football.  A game.  He may not be the best player we have ever had...but lynching?  Get a grip.

I think they were commenting about the ref not one of our players.

Some perspective.  Banks played well when he was with FC Utd of Manchester for six months.  His was the play maker and didn't have to tackle.  He moved to Chesterfield and didn't get a regular place in a team that got relegated.  He moved to Oldham.  He isn't going to tackle and needs players round him to do the hard graft.  He was totally exposed by playing on the right side of midfield.  For some reason which escapes most of us on here Sheridan likes him and played him out of position to keep him in the team.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to central midfield next game.  I would like to think the result would have been different if we didn't concede the first two goals but who knows as it took the poor referee to get the team going and getting the team going has been the main problem.

Interestingly Bryan is not naturally left sided midfield.  His best positions are central defence and sitting in front of the back four.  As he is coming back from injury that might have been too much but let us hope we have square pegs in square holes from now onwards.

We should also remember that Fane is still stepping up from non league and Dan Gardener is another from non league who couldn't hold a first team place in a side that was relegated.

Edited by Hands on
further point