Ex players and that

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I'd rather stick with our current RB....

You mean Sutton?

At RB - definitely

At RWB - sorry but I prefer Fage to Sutton, but Sutton is much more likely to develop and I think Fage may have found his level. The fact that level is 2 levels below the level he was signed for says a lot more about the old owner and his sporting director brother.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

You mean Sutton?

At RB - definitely

At RWB - sorry but I prefer Fage to Sutton, but Sutton is much more likely to develop and I think Fage may have found his level. The fact that level is 2 levels below the level he was signed for says a lot more about the old owner and his sporting director brother.

I think he means the non existant right back.

I.e play with 10 rather than play fage🤣. Probably accurate

On 7/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, LaticsPete said:

I have no recall about this player but he turned out seven times for us in 2021. 
Anyway, Marcus Barnes has signed for Mickleover in the Southern League. 

I remember him being quick but couldn’t finish and then got injured. 

Not an ex player, and it's been mentioned on another thread, but it's really sad to hear about the death of Paul Hince. I loved his coverage of the Oldham games. He was entertaining, funny and always very biased. Went on to cover his lifelong favourite team, Shitty, but he can be forgiven. He wasn't afraid to rub people up the wrong way, famously Dalglish and Fergusson.

RIP Paul.

Hince was a player for Man City, Charlton, Bury and Crewe, where he was a teammate of Stan Bowles. He scored Bury's goal against us when we beat them 4-1 in the Manchester Senior Cup final at Boundary Park in 1970.

He retired early from the game and became a journalist at the Manchester Evening News.

Edited by Summerdeep

13 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Hince was a player for Man City, Charlton, Bury and Crewe, where he was a teammate of Stan Bowles. He scored Bury's goal against us when we beat them 4-1 in the Manchester Senior Cup final at Boundary Park in 1970.

He retired early from the game and became a journalist at the Manchester Evening News.

Always enjoyed reading his reports and articles in the "Pink". Old school journalism with humour and edge. RIP Paul. 

Also, not an ex player but sad to see the passing of Trevor Francis, top player, saw his debut for Citeh at Stoke where he scored 2 goals was fortunate enough that some City supporting mates had a ticket going spare at the last minute. RIP Trevor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Was he the player with the big Affro who played in the covid season under Kewell?

Yep, think we signed him as a free agent for the rest of the season. Remember him coming on for Dearnley and McAleny a few times just after we had a good run of results.

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Not an ex player, and it's been mentioned on another thread, but it's really sad to hear about the death of Paul Hince. I loved his coverage of the Oldham games. He was entertaining, funny and always very biased. Went on to cover his lifelong favourite team, Shitty, but he can be forgiven. He wasn't afraid to rub people up the wrong way, famously Dalglish and Fergusson.

RIP Paul.

He was also the journalist on the same table as Stott, Robinson and whoever the chair at Dale was that led to the Manchester North End idea.

The lead writer for that exclusive - a Mr Paul Hince.

19 hours ago, disjointed said:

Also, not an ex player but sad to see the passing of Trevor Francis, top player, saw his debut for Citeh at Stoke where he scored 2 goals was fortunate enough that some City supporting mates had a ticket going spare at the last minute. RIP Trevor. 

Going back a few years, I was in a restaurant in Cheltenham with my wife and we found ourselves sitting next to Trevor and Mrs Francis in the reception area while we waited for our tables. He was happy to chat about football, really nice bloke and very down to earth. Class act on and off the pitch. I also "met" him flying back from Munich after the 1988 Euros final, when Holland beat USSR 2-0 and van Basten scored THAT goal, me and my mate were lucky enough to get tickets for the match. Trevor sat in the row in front of us on the plane, didn't speak to him but I was very impressed he was reading an Italian newspaper! Legacy of his time at Sampdoria/Atalanta I guess.

2 hours ago, philsalt said:

Sam Surridge is heading to the MLS joining Nashville from Forest. 

Seems a bit young to be doing that at 24.
Perhaps he’s realised he’s not quite good enough for the Prem?

May have gone for the money or maybe the lifestyle.

He was definitely one of our best loanees ever and good luck to him.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Seems a bit young to be doing that at 24.
Perhaps he’s realised he’s not quite good enough for the Prem?

May have gone for the money or maybe the lifestyle.

He was definitely one of our best loanees ever and good luck to him.

I guess his earning potential in MLS is greater than dropping down a division in England.

Agreed he was a class player in the loan spell  , scored some cracking goals.