Ex players and that

Danny Byrnes has just posted the following about Steve Robinson on twitter:

"Their manager on the video victimised/bullied me for months at Oldham when I was 19, forced me out of the club with a shambles offer by saying he would only make things even worse for me if I stayed. All whilst my dad was in intensive care in hospital. This video is bollocks."

Link:

https://twitter.com/danny_byrnes/status/1019674668142350336?s=12

57 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

"Their manager on the video victimised/bullied me for months at Oldham when I was 19, forced me out of the club with a shambles offer by saying he would only make things even worse for me if I stayed. All whilst my dad was in intensive care in hospital. This video is bollocks."

Link:

Jesus 

1 hour ago, RoytonLatics said:

Link:

Guy Branston tweeted support and that similar happened to him too in that link (doesn't mention Oldham)

1 hour ago, RoytonLatics said:

Link:

Wow. 

2 hours ago, RoytonLatics said:

Link:

Maybe this could be linked to TP being suspended, maybe Byrnes complained about him aswell 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Adam Rooney reportedly on 4k a week at non league Salford :shock:

Pfffft. Amateurs. They can come back when they’ve spent over £300,000 for a last minute winner against Bastard Rovers.

5 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Maybe this could be linked to TP being suspended, maybe Byrnes complained about him aswell 

I’m Danny byrnes’ brother, TP and Coops were the best part of that club as far as far as my parents are concerned. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Adam Rooney reportedly on 4k a week at non league Salford :shock:

Absolute madness, no doubt they would’ve had to pay a fee too as he is still under contract at Aberdeen. It’ll be interesting to see how he gets on there, how long before he’s pining on a move back to Scotland?

1 hour ago, johnafoafc said:

Absolute madness, no doubt they would’ve had to pay a fee too as he is still under contract at Aberdeen. It’ll be interesting to see how he gets on there, how long before he’s pining on a move back to Scotland?

He should smash his way through that league without even leaving first gear.

Only one way Salford are heading and if we don’t get out of this league this season, it will probably be Salford away 2019/2020. Strange times.

5 hours ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

He should smash his way through that league without even leaving first gear.

Only one way Salford are heading and if we don’t get out of this league this season, it will probably be Salford away 2019/2020. Strange times.

Watched Salford a couple of times and it's a strange club, it was free entry on one occasion and they only managed to get 1500 in, no doubt they will throw money at it but that's no guarantee even at that level, Fylde have invested more money and didn't just stroll through the League, it's stronger than most give it credit for and plenty of teams are full time in the way we are, no doubt they've made some good signings but not sure if they will gel quickly enough to go up.

Just now, rudemedic said:

Is there FFP in non-league? 

Salford might seriously struggle once they are under FFP. 

There's a bit of Notts County under Seven about them currently. 

FFP can - to a degree - be overiden by "Football Fortune Income", in effect owner or owners gifting (not loaning) money to the club's budget.

Maybe Salford have received cash injections that allow their modest attendance income to be bolstered.

It was here that I was hoping to see AL increase our budget. Alas, that doesn't seem to have transpired.

20 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Is there FFP in non-league? 

Salford might seriously struggle once they are under FFP. 

There's a bit of Notts County under Seven about them currently. 

I don't think there is. I think FFP applies to the PL and Championship. Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) applies to League 1 & 2. Not sure there's anything below that. At a practical level I guess it would be harder to police given the number of clubs, reporting and monitoring requirements, and finer margins the lower you go.

I'm pretty sure Billericay would be drawing a lot of attention if it did apply!