Ex players and that

44 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Always said we should have kept him after his performances at Crewe last season in a division we were entering ..

He was rubbish for us when he played last year. Did you see him at Carlisle for instance? Why do folks still want to keep players who are simply not good enough? This year it is going to be Maouche-has'nt put a decent performance in yet after several chances-simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, johnafoafc said:

Was it in our hands to keep him on though? Pretty certain he was only on a one year deal and his contract was due to expire this summer.  Even if we’d offered him a new deal I think it’s unlikely he’d have signed it.

Two year deal on League one terms that expired last season. He has shown he can do a job in this league, but he will have been on a fair whack which we can't really afford. 

Same for Banks. 

32 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Two year deal on League one terms that expired last season. He has shown he can do a job in this league, but he will have been on a fair whack which we can't really afford. 

Same for Banks. 

Fair enough then. I thought Robinson had originally signed him on a one yr deal and that Shez had offered him a new deal on the same terms after his solid performances. As you say he’d have been on a decent wedge and I don’t recall many tears being wept when he joined Crewe.

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

He was rubbish for us when he played last year. Did you see him at Carlisle for instance? Why do folks still want to keep players who are simply not good enough? This year it is going to be Maouche-has'nt put a decent performance in yet after several chances-simply not good enough.

I saw him for 45 minutes at Shrewsbury in the JPT and it stood out as it was so so bad. Yesterday he didn't look THAT bad but still didn't do anything and seemed to over run the ball quite a bit. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How fucking depressing that is.

Not massively - division higher than us yet hardly a club to make us think his great season was us was the epiphany of greater things - Burton, Bury, Accrington not exactly worrying De Gea is he? And I loved him 

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Not massively - division higher than us yet hardly a club to make us think his great season was us was the epiphany of greater things - Burton, Bury, Accrington not exactly worrying De Gea is he? And I loved him 

No but for me on reflection AL not bringing him back was a massive own goal for all concerned,  even going into the Northampton game he was tweeting good luck messages and seems to have a real affection for our club, sad day all round really but I wish him all the best at Accrington. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

No but for me on reflection AL not bringing him back was a massive own goal for all concerned,  even going into the Northampton game he was tweeting good luck messages and seems to have a real affection for our club, sad day all round really but I wish him all the best at Accrington. 

With you on the wishing him all the best and I'd like to do the same to our club

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Last season mate I would agree - think this season his stock has significantly lowered due to being at a championship club on loan then later being dropped by a relegated league 1 club - as much our fault if we really had a chance with him last season. I wish him all the best at Accrington but he has definitely stalled at best gone backwards at worst 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Last season mate I would agree - think this season his stock has significantly lowered due to being at a championship club on loan then later being dropped by a relegated league 1 club - as much our fault if we really had a chance with him last season. I wish him all the best at Accrington but he has definitely stalled at best gone backwards at worst 

Players do but he was shit hot for us, fortunately I didn't see much of him last season but for me form is temporary, class is permanent. 

Edited by yarddog73

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

There is an arguement here to say that our club is his home so to speak as he was most comfortable here. He could even have renewed his bromance with Clarkey

Edited by GlossopLatic