Ex players and that

One for Palmer1 to edit here if he can.

1:37 - Nicky Banger firing home away at QPR...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbtABJI2qI&feature=youtu.be

I was at the game. We had about 600 there, but for some reason we also had fans in their end. You can just catch a few of them in the background jumping up as the ball hits the net.

That striker that a lot of the main standers near me at least said was :censored:e Matt Smith is the subject of a £1million bid from QPR

He WAS :censored:e! To say any different is rubbish. His record for 95% of his time here was shocking. Liverpool and Everton aside.

Very different player to the one at Oldham...

He WAS :censored:e! To say any different is rubbish. His record for 95% of his time here was shocking. Liverpool and Everton aside.

Not for me. Opinions and all that.

Sure he was slow as a cart horse off the mark until he got his pace up. Always said play to the lads strengths and he'll score goals, certainly at our level. No point sliding it down the channels or around the corner to him, get him in the box and cross the thing to him. He could shoot as well mind you!!

Not hindsight, said from his first outings for the club.

Edited by Lags

Didagree. I could see there was a player in him he was very young and we didn't play to his strengths when we did he was unplayable. A championship player easily.

TBF most on here reckoned he was :censored:e at first (me included) but when he learnt to attack the ball with his head not just stand there waiting for it he was a different player. Perhaps decent coaching got the best out of him, I seem to remember that TP started working with him, but that might be my memory letting me down again.

TBF most on here reckoned he was :censored:e at first (me included) but when he learnt to attack the ball with his head not just stand there waiting for it he was a different player. Perhaps decent coaching got the best out of him, I seem to remember that TP started working with him, but that might be my memory letting me down again.

TP got involved when Dickov's back room staff were binned.

Next thing you know Smith is the star of our FA cup run.

Definitely a case for TP spending an hour a week coach first team strikers.

TBF there are a number on here who did not reckon that he was :censored:e (me included). He was underplayed and incorrectly used which did nor make him a bad player.

There are some on here who are quick to denigrate a player without giving him a chance or that scant offered commodity time.

TP got involved when Dickov's back room staff were binned.

Next thing you know Smith is the star of our FA cup run.

Definitely a case for TP spending an hour a week coach first team strikers.

Seems nonsensical to me that they don't get TP to at least scout some young tall strikers who he can work the Smith treatment on