Ex players and that

Dean Bouzanis is in hot water down under

Currently playing for Melbourne City he committed a racial slur on a Melbourne Victory player yesterday. Calling Besart Berisha

- an Albanian - a "f***ing gypsy"

His punishment will be worked out on Monday but I expect it will be a long one.

8242664-3x2-700x467.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-05/dean-bouzanis-sorry-besart-berisha-melbourne-derby-gypsy-slur/8242666?section=sport

Dean Bouzanis is in hot water down under

Currently playing for Melbourne City he committed a racial slur on a Melbourne Victory player yesterday. Calling Besart Berisha

- an Albanian - a "f***ing gypsy"

His punishment will be worked out on Monday but I expect it will be a long one.

8242664-3x2-700x467.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-05/dean-bouzanis-sorry-besart-berisha-melbourne-derby-gypsy-slur/8242666?section=sport

Five game ban from the looks of things...

Remorseful Melbourne City goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis has been told he should count himself fortunate he will only miss five A-League matches for repeatedly calling Melbourne Victory's Albanian striker Besart Berisha a "f***ing gypsy".

Bouzanis was unable to persuade Football Federation Australia's disciplinary and ethics committee to downgrade his charge of discriminatory language on the grounds he did not understand the racial undertones of his slur in Saturday night's Melbourne Derby.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-09/dean-bouzanis-given-five-match-a-league-ban/8254210?section=sport

But at a hearing on Wednesday night in Sydney, the committee accepted the 26-year-old's deep remorse over his words, caught on camera following Manny Muscat's controversial 86th-minute own goal that gave Victory a 2-1 win.

It also took into account the fact he had met with Berisha personally on Tuesday to apologise, and praised City for making a public apology on the player's behalf and taking immediate proactive steps to address the situation with Victory.

But committee chair, John Marshall SC, warned Bouzanis that while his unblemished record and pledge to undergo an awareness course had helped his case this time, he could not expect such leniency in the future.

"You should think yourself fortunate to have got the minimum in the circumstances, and you can never count on that happening ever again," Marshall said.

I think Johnson flattered to deceive a bit with us. I think we were on the slide when he left. And ultimately he wasn't a right fit with us.

I look at what Sheridan did with us last year. And what he is currently doing. And the players he has brought in. And the scale and speed of the transformation. It's astonishing.

I think Johnson flattered to deceive a bit with us. I think we were on the slide when he left. And ultimately he wasn't a right fit with us.

I look at what Sheridan did with us last year. And what he is currently doing. And the players he has brought in. And the scale and speed of the transformation. It's astonishing.

We were fifth in the league and had just beaten a decent Swindon side quite comfortably. Times were good and we filled out the full stand at Rochdale, winning 3-0 in the process.

Had he stayed, we would have almost certainly been in and around the play-off places for the rest of the season, as it went though, Corney and Owen lost all ambition when LJ left...

We were fifth in the league and had just beaten a decent Swindon side quite comfortably. Times were good and we filled out the full stand at Rochdale, winning 3-0 in the process.

Had he stayed, we would have almost certainly been in and around the play-off places for the rest of the season, as it went though, Corney and Owen lost all ambition when LJ left...

We were on the slide when he jumped ship. He then lost 8 on the bounce at Barnsley and jumped ship again, he has recently repeated the feat at Bristol after spending a shed load.....hope he gets the bullit as it will be deserved!

Had he stayed, we would have almost certainly been in and around the play-off places for the rest of the season, as it went though, Corney and Owen lost all ambition when they decided to sell LJ for an undisclosed £50k

FTFY

I think LJ is a decent manager, but the patterns of what are quite significant slumps is a worry for him.

We did have a slump under him, but I think that was a combination of his head being turned and the Ched Evans chaos - both distracted and I think we were punching above our weight and confidence and focus were our key reasons for success and they were lost with these factors.

Barnsley / Bristol are slumps of giant size - he was lucky at Barnsley that he turned it around before the calls for him to go were heard. Bristol the calls are getting louder.

This kind of form gets you sacked at a lot of clubs far earlier - and the bigger th club the shorter the length of time he will get. His career aspirations will be cut short if he cannot stop this trend.

I thought we had a few slumps. He plays defensively and boring we grinded out 1 0 wins and go on 12 games unbeaten runs. Then he would revert back to tipy tapy we would batter some teams and lose ie preston Rotherham. But then be on 12 games no winning runs so he would revert back to defensive football again

We were on the slide when he jumped ship. He then lost 8 on the bounce at Barnsley and jumped ship again, he has recently repeated the feat at Bristol after spending a shed load.....hope he gets the bullit as it will be deserved!

He won quite a few games at Barnsley between the losing streak and the jumping ship.

If he'd left Latics for Bristol City it would have been an easier pill to swallow. I think a lot of the aggression towards him after he left us was because fans knew a lot of the hope he gave was going with him.

Matt Smith agreed a deal in Frankie and Benniy's.

I assume it was a 25% off Monday effort ... love the video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38949175

Matt Smith ‏@mattjpsmith 1h1 hour ago

Thank you @BBCSport. Love this video on my FA Cup story & how it completely changed my life, not just my career!