Ex players and that

Under the category of 'that'.... Mansfield have just bid £300k for a young Exeter striker.... puts into perspective Steve Evans' apparent ease in taking a 4th tier job vs his hesitancy with us over the summer.

As much as I really don't like Evans, he's a manager who could demand interest from upper League One and lower Championship sides, so for him to drop to Mansfield showed that he must be getting the financial backing to build a team.

Is the Exeter striker Ollie Watkins? If so they'll have to do better than that. His form and potential shown in the last 12 months has got Championship sides interested and I'd guess they'll get at least double the £300k mentioned.

Jose Baxter been offered a one year deal at Everton been told to report for training with the u23s in July.

Hope he makes a proper go of it and lays his demons to rest, there's a helluva talented player in there

That's an extraordinarily generous lifeline thrown to him.

The Everton development squad sounds like the ideal place for a young man with lifestyle issues

That's my thinking. It would be good for all parties - Baxter, Everton and Oldham - if he returned here and was coached by Sheridan. His dad takes him to training again like the old days and we sign him for two years. With guidance and away from temptations, Baxter excelled here and there's no reason it can happen again.

Us paying him until next August without him kicking a ball for us competitively is worthwhile financially for us, I'd even suggest Playershare as despite his demons, the fans would happily pay his wage if he committed to us beyond this season.