Ex players and that

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

How was we going to pay all these wages dazzler? These were probably who he wanted, which in its self show how naive he was. I could take over and make a list of player I “want” the reality is this is real like not a manager game

You could indeed have make a list of players within  the clubs budget, maybe you could list some for next season for you think should be signed? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

McLaughlin? 

Alf, I think you need to get a calendar out and study some dates......

.....Darren Kelly was appointed our manager for the 2015-16 season.

.....Ryan McLaughlin went on Loan from Liverpool to Aberdeen for that season.

He was not available on a Free Transfer. Under no circumstances we were going to buy him, y'know like for real money and that....

....he would not therefore have been a Permanent signing. The only one on that list that could've come close to Permanent was Nicky Ajose - who ended up going to Swindon.... and I bet Swindon offered more in wages than we would've.....

The rest of them are make believe fantasy.... and if you put your Darren Kelly blinkers down for a minute, you know it as well.

Edited by lookersstandandy

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Alf, I think you need to get a calendar out and study some dates......

.....Darren Kelly was appointed our manager for the 2015-16 season.

.....Ryan McLaughlin went on Loan from Liverpool to Aberdeen for that season.

He was not available on a Free Transfer. Under no circumstances we were going to buy him, y'know like for real money and that....

....he would not therefore have been a Permanent signing. The only one on that list that could've come close to Permanent was Nicky Ajose - who ended up going to Swindon.... and I bet Swindon offered more in wages than we would've.....

The rest of them are make believe fantasy.... and if you put your Darren Kelly blinkers down for a minute, you know it as well.

Why did he name those players and not many others he could have, answer me that? 

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why did he name those players and not many others he could have, answer me that? 

How about.... because of the 30-odd on his (well, his solitary agent’s) total list, these are only ones - with the benefit of 3 years of hindsight - that were any good.... and that fits the narrative that he’s a managerial genius that was stymied by the sh1t show that was running our club.

The facts of the matter are.... whether he (his agent) genuinely targeted that list or not.... there are 2 hopes that we’d have got any permanently and more than 1 or 2 on loan. No Hope & Bob Hope.

If you think anything otherwise, I’m afraid I have to conclude you are allowing a personal friendship to cloud your judgement.

I suggest we agree to disagree and move on.

• Like 1

I wonder if DK was aware of his budget before he drew up that target list. As has been mentioned above, many of those players went on to feature for their parent clubs or moved on to bigger clubs so we didn’t really have much of a chance of signing them for the peanuts we were probably offering.

It’s at odds with what we’ve been told as it was rumoured that the board had to step in and sign players as the new season was nearing as DK didn’t have the contacts in the game that he led the club to believe.

He should never have been put in that position in the first place and it’s a shame that the doubters in the club hierarchy didn’t speak up loudly at the time before he was offered the job.

One thing for certain is that he should never have been given the job at that stage of his career. As good as a coach he probably is, being a manager at this level is likely to be a completely different ball game, with egos and agents to deal with. Something which i presume doesn't feature on the coaching courses.

The board who chose him are to blame but thankfully they've gone now but their actions regarding Darren were horrific. Gee demanded he was sacked after the pre-season camp, Barry, as mentioned before, disagreed with his appointment.
He was set up to fail. 

I hope he does well. He seems to have stopped Hyde's rot and turned them into a very good team, they currently sit first in the Evo Stick North. Let's see how far he goes...

Darren has apparently done well at the level he's at now. Fair play to him - maybe that's the level he should have started out on.

However there's nothing for him to gain in harking back to his time with Latics. And digging it up again shows a bit of naivety.

If he's to rise up the ranks he'll have a lot to learn.

Good luck to him - but maybe giving up Twitter would be a good step. Followed by ditching the 'motivational' phrases.

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Darren has apparently done well at the level he's at now. Fair play to him - maybe that's the level he should have started out on.

However there's nothing for him to gain in harking back to his time with Latics. And digging it up again shows a bit of naivety.

If he's to rise up the ranks he'll have a lot to learn.

Good luck to him - but maybe giving up Twitter would be a good step. Followed by ditching the 'motivational' phrases.

You mean like this fella who started off at the very same club under very different conditions?

https://mobile.twitter.com/leejohnsoncoach?lang=en

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean like this fella who started off at the very same club under very different conditions?

https://mobile.twitter.com/leejohnsoncoach?lang=en

Lee could do with ditching the motivational phrases too, in my opinion.

True, both Lee and Darren started off at Latics - but I think that's where the comparisons end.

16 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Lee could do with ditching the motivational phrases too, in my opinion.

True, both Lee and Darren started off at Latics - but I think that's where the comparisons end.

You are correct one got a fair crack of the whip the other didn't.