Ex players and that

Guest Stanley30

But not something I have any control of. Cheering and supporting a player can have an effect. Worrying about the money has none.

5 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Who cares? Why are u all obsessed with money? I enjoyed watching him because he was a local lad and gutted when he left. I couldn't care less about the money, he was a pleasure to watch

So we can fund an academy and facilities to produce more players like Tarkowski, so we can have better players so it’s easier to integrate kids into the side, not constantly scrap at the end of the season etc etc

28 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

So we can fund an academy and facilities to produce more players like Tarkowski, so we can have better players so it’s easier to integrate kids into the side, not constantly scrap at the end of the season etc etc

Find this an interesting guote because many would have claimed that any money would have gone straight to Brassbank

59 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I always think this is bonkers.

We had a huge stake (for a club like ours) in Tarkowski’s future. Why on earth did the owner not make it somebody’s job to keep tabs on the lad? 

He’s from the area, he had mates at the club, his family will be close to the club having been in the academy for ages, yet nobody bothered to check whether he was happy at Brentford. 

Unbelievable negligence from everybody concerned at Latics. Eventually we lost out on almost a million quid because nobody had the brains or the effort to keep an eye on an investment. I simply can’t believe we couldn’t have easily accessed a line about how he was faring with decent provenance. Terrible business acumen and plain lazy.

We were probably about to be wound up by the Revenue or have Vaughan's mate take ownership through failing a Nercarcu payment. In that situation it probably makes sense to sell whatever assets you have for whatever you can get. The failing isn't really in the Tarky situation, it's running the club so vert badly that you find yourself in that situation in the first place 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Because the money would have been very useful to help get more local lads into the team.

I’m not saying your points aren’t valid, and it’s always nice when a local lad makes the side and does well, but the money, unfortunately, is slightly more important for this football club.

Maybe playershare can me revised to youth academy share?

48 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If it’s up there I’ll give you the money myself. Getting a bit carried away there BP. ?

Will look forward to that.

You never know with midfielders like Dier, Henderson, Drinkwater and Livermore as yardsticks.:D

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/brighton-midfielder-dale-stephens-dismisses-england-talk-4208530

Edited by BP1960

They need to bring out a rule where as if a player is developed by a lower league team and makes it to the england team they receive a payment. That could be from a pot paid into by the prem or from the fa. We can’t hold on to players and they get sold on the cheap, there should be some reward for developing a player.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

They need to bring out a rule where as if a player is developed by a lower league team and makes it to the england team they receive a payment. That could be from a pot paid into by the prem or from the fa. We can’t hold on to players and they get sold on the cheap, there should be some reward for developing a player.

Most clubs are sensible enough to write these sort of add ons into promising young players contracts when they join their new clubs, its probably fair to assume we didn't have the foresight when Tarky joined Brentford, we did have a gentlemans agreement that he'd rejoin us on loan for the rest of that season but Brentford had our pants down good and proper refusing to loan him.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

when Tarky joined Brentford, we did have a gentlemans agreement that he'd rejoin us on loan for the rest of that season but Brentford had our pants down good and proper refusing to loan him.

That's just a bollocks OWTB "FACT". Their other centre halves got injured; a gentleman's agreement is inevitably dependent on factors that weren't apparent when the handshake happened

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's just a bollocks OWTB "FACT". Their other centre halves got injured; a gentleman's agreement is inevitably dependent on factors that weren't apparent when the handshake happened

He didn't make an appearance for over a month after he signed for Brentford (in March) and was due to sign for us on loan the first week of February so I think you need to take a look at whose talking bollocks. Brentford shafted us its as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He didn't make an appearance for over a month after he signed for Brentford (in March) and was due to sign for us on loan the first week of February so I think you need to take a look at whose talking bollocks. Brentford shafted us its as simple as that.

The two things are not mutually incompatible.  They were short of cover in central defence 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Will look forward to that.

You never know with midfielders like Dier, Henderson, Drinkwater and Livermore as yardsticks.:D

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/brighton-midfielder-dale-stephens-dismisses-england-talk-4208530

I like Drinkwater. The other two il give you.