Ex players and that

22 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He changed formation because the fans told him to, that alone was worthy of instant dismissal.

Hate to think what happens if RW changes his formation after reading my posts then.:unsure:

Edited by BP1960

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, Nohairdontcare said:

Lee could do with ditching the motivational phrases too, in my opinion.

True, both Lee and Darren started off at Latics - but I think that's where the comparisons end.

He got a fair bit of stick over this on Football Focus when they did a feature on Bristol City.

41 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Can't believe that carthorse Maguire got on ahead of him

Hopefully tongue in cheek ? Good footballer Maguire. Him and stones start for me in Russia. Can’t see Tarky making the squad unfortunately this time. But if he could get another big move in the future (Spurs or that ilk )and keep progressing at the same rate I’d hope he could get a decent amount of caps. 

34 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hopefully tongue in cheek ? Good footballer Maguire. Him and stones start for me in Russia. Can’t see Tarky making the squad unfortunately this time. But if he could get another big move in the future (Spurs or that ilk )and keep progressing at the same rate I’d hope he could get a decent amount of caps. 

At Spurs he'd be playing with world class players against usually inferior opposition and expected to win. Burnley is much better preparation for England.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Can't believe that carthorse Maguire got on ahead of him

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Said the same thing!

46 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hopefully tongue in cheek ? Good footballer Maguire. 

Totally agree with stmik- Maguire ain’t no cart horse! Decent performance from him tonight.

Stones definitely England’s best player.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

At Spurs he'd be playing with world class players against usually inferior opposition and expected to win. Burnley is much better preparation for England.

Not the way it works tho LL. players , rightly or wrongly , at big clubs have more chance of getting picked. History will say as much. Burnley’s keeper Pope apparently had all the best stats this season but he’s not getting a sniff either. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not the way it works tho LL. players , rightly or wrongly , at big clubs have more chance of getting picked. History will say as much. Burnley’s keeper Pope apparently had all the best stats this season but he’s not getting a sniff either. 

I know, and we're always shit. Same with managers, we should be looking for someone who can combine turds.

As for Tarky, there's not much talent in the squad so a defender who can play might make up for the midfield a bit

13 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The vast majority of the squad played in the EFL. 

Does this show Southgate should be looking there more than little used Premiership players? 

On 3/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, Bristolatic said:

Yussouf M'Changama scores for Comoros in a 1-1 draw with Kenya.

And, not an ex player, but Nepomuceno plays 87 minutes for Curacao against Bolivia.

I thought the same when I first saw the score. Google says his brother Mohamed was the scorer