Ex players and that

9 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

A Mancunian according to Clive Tyldesley

When you take into consideration that Tarky was

1. Born in Manchester.

2. Lived in Manchester most of his life.

3. Supports Manchester United.

I’m going to suggest that ‘Mancunian’ is an accurate description.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

When you take into consideration that Tarky was

1. Born in Manchester.

2. Lived in Manchester most of his life.

3. Supports Manchester United.

I’m going to suggest that ‘Mancunian’ is an accurate description.

Yes, I had the error of my ways pointed out 12 hours ago. But thanks for reinforcing it.

Although I'm not sure how supporting Manchester United is part of the qualification for being a Mancunian.

Edited by Magic Mikey
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

When did league one referees start getting international matches?

That's a pen many times, their player was in a sandwich and many refs would have given the tackle (by Young I think), won the ball, but their man was going down before Tarky stood on his foot.  In fact that probably caused the step-on incident as his running momentum had gone.

Nevertheslee, great debute from tarky, I will be disappointed if he is not in the squad.

5 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

That's a pen many times, their player was in a sandwich and many refs would have given the tackle (by Young I think), won the ball, but their man was going down before Tarky stood on his foot.  In fact that probably caused the step-on incident as his running momentum had gone.

Nevertheslee, great debute from tarky, I will be disappointed if he is not in the squad.

I think you're missing the point. VAR is supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes. The referee had a clear sight of the incident, he gave a corner. The penalty decision is still being debated, he needed multiple viewings of it, there was no clear and obvious mistake. It shouldn't have gone to VAR, the corner decision should have stood.

Therefore I made a comment that I think he is a shit referee. I would back that up by his decisions on what warrants a yellow card in a friendly.

19 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think you're missing the point. VAR is supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes. The referee had a clear sight of the incident, he gave a corner. The penalty decision is still being debated, he needed multiple viewings of it, there was no clear and obvious mistake. It shouldn't have gone to VAR, the corner decision should have stood.

Therefore I made a comment that I think he is a shit referee. I would back that up by his decisions on what warrants a yellow card in a friendly.

I am not missing your point, I am supporting it.  I did not say the pen decision was correct I said that pens are given in those situations many times.

As for VAR, I think it will become part of the game for players to harangue the ref into looking at it and as for the decision I blame BREXIT, in the Italian box it is not given.

On a serious note, bad decisions cost games.  The only way to mitigate, is to take your own chances.

6 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yes, I had the error of my ways pointed out 12 hours ago. But thanks for reinforcing it.

Although I'm not sure how supporting Manchester United is part of the qualification for being a Mancunian.

I’m sorry for taking my on the way to work mood out on you instead of just reading the whole thread.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I've just read that Michael Ngoo has been given a 12 month community order. Guilty of selling laughing gas at the Chelmsford V Festival in 2016 :lol:

Just as well he didn't try flogging it at Boundary Park.

I've tried to post a link here, hope it works.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/former-liverpool-england-striker-sold-1373339

On 3/28/2018 at 6:54 PM, Worcester Owl said:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I've just read that Michael Ngoo has been given a 12 month community order. Guilty of selling laughing gas at the Chelmsford V Festival in 2016 :lol:

Just as well he didn't try flogging it at Boundary Park.

I've tried to post a link here, hope it works.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/former-liverpool-england-striker-sold-1373339

I thought i was on laughing gas watching him.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Where are all the people who said Sheridan was a fool?  Fleetwood close to safety.

Far from a fool but it still stands he started this season on a par (performance attitude and results) with how he ended his first stint here. Wish him nothing but success at Fleetwood or anywhere else he turns up 

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Where are all the people who said Sheridan was a fool?  Fleetwood close to safety.

give it a rest. 

He was done with us and is no longer our manager. Go follow Fleetwood for a bit if the manager is more important to you than the team. 

He’ll be sacked next season. Almost guaranteed. 

Edited by kowenicki

58 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

give it a rest. 

He was done with us and is no longer our manager. Go follow Fleetwood for a bit if the manager is more important to you than the team. 

Fuck sake your boring :sleeping:

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

give it a rest. 

Good grief.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Let's see at the end of the season-Fleetwood so confident about him they gave him a contract to the end of this season. He may keep them up but can (or will)  he take them higher? He certainly wasn't improving us when he left.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Let's see at the end of the season-Fleetwood so confident about him they gave him a contract to the end of this season. He may keep them up but can (or will)  he take them higher? He certainly wasn't improving us when he left.

Indeed.   It was more the lack of respect from some utter numpties  on here that I was referring to.