Ex players and that

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure there's a story (think Owen referred to it when he appeared on BPAS) that the club cashed in on the sell on clause to pay off debenture to Blitz in 2020...

I’m also certain we sold a friendly at Ibrox for 7k during the Covid season. Rangers were prepared to play when fans were back. 

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

He was decent in the games I saw him play 👍

Played for us 32 times, apparently! I vaguely remember him now I've looked him up and seen we loaned him from Arsenal.  Shaved head, hard looking lad.

I think I've genuinely blocked most of the Abdallah period out of my head....

13 hours ago, JoeP said:

I dunno if my memory's fading but i have absolute no recollection of Cameron Burgess.

Liam Kelly also played for Coventry in the game.

Scored a worldy against Bradford I think

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Well done. He was shite 8 years ago when we needed him to be good. So means nothing he is doing OK 8 years later

On 5/1/2024 at 1:53 PM, TheBigDog said:

He was decent in the games I saw him play 👍

I liked him, him and Pidge came in for grief for that season because we essentially had no midfield and teams used to cut through us. Latics fans been proven right once again by those two 🙄

21 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I liked him, him and Pidge came in for grief for that season because we essentially had no midfield and teams used to cut through us. Latics fans been proven right once again by those two 🙄

Did Clarke get much grief? My memory is that the consensus was he was a good player for us...

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Did Clarke get much grief? My memory is that the consensus was he was a good player for us...

Maybe I'm misremembering, seem to remember them both getting pelters that season but maybe it was just Pidge, who was treated ridiculously unfairly by some of our support 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s a different Liam Kelly. 

Yep that Liam Kelly is still playing for Coventry in the championship a few people didn't rate him much either it got me thinking if we possibly expect too much of Captains looking at the thoughts that have been aired on players such as Kelly, Piergianni and maybe Hogan too. They have to be amongst our most influential players otherwise what's the point in giving them the Armband but they can only do so much. The likes of Clarke and Gregan are probably the exceptions.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Posted (edited)

No trace of a Jim McDonald type accent from Dowie in that interview. I'm guessing that he qualified as a Northern Ireland player on grounds of parentage.

Edited by Summerdeep