Ex players and that

48 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Does that not make it a rhetorical question?

To me a rhetorical question was always one with 2 possible answers, one of which was not a genuinely exercisable choice. e.g. "can we borrow your football, or would you like your head kicked in your four eyed twat?".

However, having done extensive research on the matter I see that "a rhetorical question is a question that you ask without expecting an answer. The question might be one that does not have an answer. It might also be one that has an obvious answer but you have asked the question to make a point, to persuade or for literary effect.". Additionally, there seems to be no rule excluding the questioner from answering their own question. 

So, it looks like you win! Clearly, the question asked had an obvious answer, and was set forth for the literary effect of stating the bleeding obvious. Job done. 

17 hours ago, latics22 said:

You have wonder why a club are interested in selling a buy out clause? If he is bobbins, you would refuse. If he has obvious potential, rumours he’s moving on, your thinking about selling him. Then u would sell it, so u would think the club holding the clause would think, let’s hold on a bit longer. But it is what it is, we needed the money at the time.

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

Bit harsh second bestie 

Why are you quoting yourself and referring to yourself as second bestie?

13 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Imagine if Corney had actually sold the Richards clause after saying he wouldn't and we'd wasted a million posts on what the club could do with the potential windfall.

I think he did sell it. 

Or the club got some money when City got loan fees for him. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I think he did sell it. 

Or the club got some money when City got loan fees for him. 

I thought the whole point was that he didn't? City offered some money for it, but we held on because he was being linked with Chelsea for £20m when Abramovich first came in and started throwing money about, so we ended up with nothing.

On 08/03/2018 at 4:27 AM, opinions4u said:

In the case of a sell on clause where a player is no longer yours it's akin to playing poker against a hidden ten card hand when your own five cards are face up for all to see.

Brentford may well have known their plans for the player.  We wouldn't have had a clue.

I always think this is bonkers.

We had a huge stake (for a club like ours) in Tarkowski’s future. Why on earth did the owner not make it somebody’s job to keep tabs on the lad? 

He’s from the area, he had mates at the club, his family will be close to the club having been in the academy for ages, yet nobody bothered to check whether he was happy at Brentford. 

Unbelievable negligence from everybody concerned at Latics. Eventually we lost out on almost a million quid because nobody had the brains or the effort to keep an eye on an investment. I simply can’t believe we couldn’t have easily accessed a line about how he was faring with decent provenance. Terrible business acumen and plain lazy.

Guest Stanley30

Who cares? Why are u all obsessed with money? I enjoyed watching him because he was a local lad and gutted when he left. I couldn't care less about the money, he was a pleasure to watch

Just now, Stanley30 said:

Who cares? Why are u all obsessed with money? I enjoyed watching him because he was a local lad and gutted when he left. I couldn't care less about the money, he was a pleasure to watch

Because the money would have been very useful to help get more local lads into the team.

I’m not saying your points aren’t valid, and it’s always nice when a local lad makes the side and does well, but the money, unfortunately, is slightly more important for this football club.