Ex players and that

The doubts about him I remember hearing were that he seemed to lose concentration or slip up badly once every game. I always thought that was odd as you'd expect that from a lad in his first few games and he was otherwise amazing.

Wonder where Edmondson might be now if he'd started last season beside Clarke?

One thing that did used to piss me off about him, was his obsession with running through the middle, losing control of the ball and ending up conceding a free kick from a lunge... 

but other than that I used to bloody love watching him play, and came home from a youth game saying we had a decent polish lad at the back who’s worth keeping an eye on. Turns out he’s English, turned out he was from Moston... similar I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Ripley rolled out of the way of another 2 penalties yesterday, something he does quite often (Milwall game apart)...

The two Millwall penalties were as poor as your ever going to see, I reckon Cornell would of kept them out.

Iheanacho played 35 times for City that season. Did he really go from on the brink of a League One team to a key part of City's side?

Mawson was available on a free. So his options were lots of money and play under LJ at Barnsley, or come to use for fuck all a week and play for the Dazzler. 

Burn was playing regularly for Fulham the year before in the Champ, and played loads that year as well. 

Ajose/Amstrong. Maybe,  but funny how 2 of the top scorers that year were both lined up...

The others, maybe, but I'm not sure how flooding the team with teenagers would be a wise move...

Sorry Darren, didn't happen. 

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I understand they were. 

....from Darren Kelly.... not from the players, the players agents and their parent clubs you weren’t.... and this single agent [soccerstarzltd :lol:] he’s linked in his tweets is hardly going to say, “I was talking it up big Daz, that’s what agents/salesmen & women do. I was trying to get them, but reality was I was miles away from getting any of them bar Jonathan Burn from Middlesbrough, who showed promise but was as brittle as honeycomb”.

I confess I did not expect Mr. Kelly to have done as well as he appears to at Hyde.... for which I must eat a bit of humble pie. I am however unaware of Hyde’s relative budget, infrastructure and support network at that level.

His coaching ability/qualifications were never in doubt. I heard him interviewed on a handful of occasions and decided his oratory skills would not be good enough at professional level. I may yet be proven wrong on that assertion to.... but coaching Hyde well in the 8th tier is a long way from League One.

Edited by lookersstandandy

9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Interesting read on Twitter as Darren Kelly has just shed some light over his short lived tenure at Latics.

Set up to fail but yet still to this day some won't see the wood for the trees, Dunn was the problem that season along with those within the club who made it their job to discredit Kelly, it may not of worked out in any case but unfortunately for Kelly he was a dead man walking before a ball was kicked. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order and I was given plenty of grief on here for saying as much at the time.

52 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Set up to fail but yet still to this day some won't see the wood for the trees, Dunn was the problem that season along with those within the club who made it their job to discredit Kelly, it may not of worked out in any case but unfortunately for Kelly he was a dead man walking before a ball was kicked. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order and I was given plenty of grief on here for saying as much at the time.

Dunn was A problem, for sure.

THE problem, were the pillocks that ran the football club.

Darren Kelly wasn't a problem - but as nice a bloke and well qualified a coach he may have been - was way out of his depth as manager of a L1 club. Let’s not forget he was an abject failure in the Conference  @ Halifax too.

Edited by lookersstandandy

1. The rumour was that at his interview Darren Kelly boasted about using his links with Sunderland to sign Whatmore. However, that never materialised.

2. As LSA rightly says the issue was the idiots running the football club.

3. One of those idiots went round the end of season do saying he wouldn’t have appointed Kelly, but he was involved in the appointments process. 

4. It was obvious that Kelly was appointed based on an embellished CV, but that’s not his fault, that’s the fault of the same idiots running the football club not checking. Ditto the social media uproar, all they had to do was ask him to delete his Twitter account before the announcement and no-one would have been any the wiser.

5. The inconsistencies in that list of players have already been discussed. I feel slightly sorry for Daz, but he put himself in the position and paid the price.