Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Don't talk crap he was not hand tied. Could have played Placide from the first game of the season. He could have dropped Gerrard and but Bryan in his place. He was allowed to go and get three players that have made a big difference . He could have given the team confidence instead of knocking the confidence out of them by yelling at them. Get real you just cannot admit that he was doing a bad job. 

He wasn't doing a bad job. Sheridan has made this team. Fact.

5 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Warnock 97-98

Ritchie May 97 - October 2001

Duxbury, Shez, Eyres 2001 (C) Oct/Nov ‘01

Wadsworth Nov ‘01 - May ‘02

Dowie May ‘02 - Dec ‘03

Shez/Eyres Dec ‘03 - March ‘04 (C)

Talbot March ‘04 - Feb ‘05

Philliskirk (C) Feb ‘05

Moore March ‘05 - June ‘06

Shez June ‘06 - March ‘09

Royle March ‘09 - May ‘09

Penney May ‘09 - April ‘10

Gray May ‘09 (C)

Dickov June ‘10 - February ‘13

Philliskirk February ‘13 - March ‘13

Johnson March ‘13 - February ‘15

Holden ‘March ‘15 - May ‘15

Kelly May ‘15 - Sept ‘15

Dunn Sept ‘15 - January ‘16

Sheridan Jan ‘15 - May ‘15

Robinson July ‘16 - Jan ‘17

Sheridan Jan ‘17 - Sept ‘17

Wellens (C) Sept ‘17 - Oct ‘17

Wellens Oct ‘17 - 

Only SEVEN lasted at least a calendar year!

only SIX have lasted for a FULL 46 game League season or more!

madness!!!

One common denominator in all that, for the most part sorry time.

7 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

He wasn't doing a bad job. Sheridan has made this team. Fact.

Shez signed the players for this team fact but molding them into an effective unit that other teams fear is down to the man management of Wellens

Paul Terry coming in as first team coach/reserve teaam manager. Philliskirk to stay invovled with first team whilst also keeping his youth team role, and an experienced assitant manager to come in soon according to the ifollow interview.

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Call your selves supports where are the congratulations to the guy who's just won us 10 points from the lastpossivle 12. I see one other post congratulating him. 

Hold your horses smiler in my post i said consensus are happy with his appointment, some might not be because all the hullabaloo with Seedorf * Scholes being mentioned what was all that about, was it to take the talk/attention away from the new investor? 

11 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine but I know which guy I would rather have running the team

We should be cautiously optimistic, and the turnaround has been remarkable with the same players, but as Shakespeare at Leicester showed we could go on a really bad run.

Given RW's preparations so far, it doesn't look like it, but who knows what might happen. 

For now, let's just enjoy it.

Great news.

I might have given a shorter contract (end of season) with a guaranteed 2 year deal at that point if we achieved top half finish - but last 4 performances are enough to convince me about his potential.

Players seem to want him too - a big factor.

Good decision by the club.

1 minute ago, bozman said:

Paul Terry coming in as first team coach/reserve teaam manager. Philliskirk to stay invovled with first team whilst also keeping his youth team role, and an experienced assitant manager to come in soon according to the ifollow interview.

Plenty of good news there, obviosuly Paul Terry is an unknown, but so far so good.

Really glad TP is remaining involved with both.

Be interesting who is experienced Asst Manager will be obviously.

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

Great news because he needs help from experienced coaches. 

Just now, Smiler13 said:

There are a lot of crazy people on here. Being bottom of the league is being a great management performance get real.

Knock it on the head will you, somehow after the most positive few weeks in a number of years your managing to kill the atmosphere on here, everyone's entitled to their opinions even if it doesn't match your own.

15 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Hold your horses smiler in my post i said consensus are happy with his appointment, some might not be because all the hullabaloo with Seedorf * Scholes being mentioned what was all that about, was it to take the talk/attention away from the new investor? 

I was not getting at your post I agree with you

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Knock it on the head will you, somehow after the most positive few weeks in a number of years your managing to kill the atmosphere on here, everyone's entitled to their opinions even if it doesn't match your own.

Sorry Yarddog you are dead right they are entitled to their opinion that's why it's a debating forum

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Go on then, who got the best odds on this (apart from Corney laying a load of bets on Betfair on Seedorf, Scholes and Correa :wink: ). I got 10-1 very early on but it drifted out a bit afterwards....

Put a 10er on at 12s. Think it may be used to pay for MK...