Placide

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Maybe it has improved recently, but it's too late I'm gone.

If that’s the case then surely it makes your original criticism invalid?

It has improved.

Try out the match centre - it gives the line-ups, live text, tables, other scores etc. 

I still follow the official twitter account as well - if only for the GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!! tweets.?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Wonder if Wellens will go after a new goalkeeper in January. Surely Wilson will be going back with Ruddy.

In the meantime, it'll be interesting to see if Wilson is now the number 2 keeper (as he should be IMO) or if Ruddy's omission from the bench on Tuesday was down to being released early for Scotland U21's.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

In the meantime, it'll be interesting to see if Wilson is now the number 2 keeper (as he should be IMO) or if Ruddy's omission from the bench on Tuesday was down to being released early for Scotland U21's.

In 5 games I reckon Wilson directly cost us at least 5 goals.

22 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Bollocks

Agree with Wilson he's not brilliant and could command his area better but he's hardly thrown any in. Ruddy is simply not ready.

Despite the fun and games with Placide (And he is entertaining and his kicking is superb), he has let some really crap goals in. He was poor at MK and in other games has the tendency to go to ground very easily and watches the ball into the net too often for my liking. His best all round performance was still his debut. Placide is functional but if we are to grind out 1-0 wins then Wellens I think will be in the market for a keeper in January.

Having said that Placide, Doyle and Byrne are worth the admission fee alone this year..

Edited by oafcprozac

4 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Agree he's not brilliant and could command his area better but he's hardly thrown any in. Ruddy is simply not ready.

1st vs Oxford, 2nd at Blackpool, 1st and 4th vs Charlton, arguably both Wigan goals.

Ruddy is just a kid starting out, if you follow what their fans say Wilson has been hopeless wherever he has gone.

As I've said he doesn't command his area great and one in one is always a goal. for a 24 year old he's very inexperienced. 1st vs Charlton was a wonder goal wasn't it?

How many goals has Fans Favourite Clarke cost us this season? Now his performances have been criminal at times...

On 9 November 2017 at 8:24 AM, TheBigDog said:

If that’s the case then surely it makes your original criticism invalid?

It has improved.

Try out the match centre - it gives the line-ups, live text, tables, other scores etc. 

I still follow the official twitter account as well - if only for the GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!! tweets.?

Typical Latics then. So shit it drives almost everybody away and now it's a bit better and only a few people know ?

I do feel a bit guilty being so negative, so I'll have a ganders next saturday..

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

1st vs Oxford, 2nd at Blackpool, 1st and 4th vs Charlton, arguably both Wigan goals.

Ruddy is just a kid starting out, if you follow what their fans say Wilson has been hopeless wherever he has gone.

I usually like the cut of your jib, but you're well wide of the mark here. The first at Oxford was a one-on-one after Gerrard and Clarke tried playing offside, the 2nd at Blackpool I'll give you. Charlton's first was a wonder goal and the 4th, he stood no chance after Gardner headed the ball through to their striker. Neither Wigan goals were his fault. He actually made some decent stops in all of them games - I think he may even have been MOTM in the Oxford game.

He's not the best keeper we've ever had, but he was certainly stitched up by the "performances" (and I use the term loosely) of two experienced centre backs playing in front of him...

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

27 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

As I've said he doesn't command his area great and one in one is always a goal. for a 24 year old he's very inexperienced. 1st vs Charlton was a wonder goal wasn't it?

No point going through the goals and putting his bollocks straight. A defence stitching up it's keeper like Wilson got will always see some folk blame the keeper for anything and everything.

Take the Oxford goal he's claiming was Wilson's fault...a straight 1 on 1 after the defence make a shambles of the offside trap. Yeah...Wilsons fault, my arse :rolleyes: And then he says Ruddy is just a kid starting out. Ben WIlson...that veteran GK :lol:

The Blackpool one was a shocker. His only one. Possibly the odd goal or two he could've maybe done a bit better with. Directly cost us 5 goals tho? Nah. Sheer, complete & utter bollocks.

Damn. I bit :hooked:

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I usually like the cut of your jib, but you're well wide of the mark here. The first at Oxford was a one-on-one after Gerrard and Clarke tried playing offside, the 2nd at Blackpool I'll give you. Charlton's first was a wonder goal and the 4th, he stood no chance after Gardner headed the ball through to their striker. Neither Wigan goals were his fault. He actually made some decent stops in all of them games - I think he may even have been MOTM in the Oxford game.

He's not the best keeper we've ever had, but he was certainly stitched up by the "performances" (and I use the term loosely) of two experienced centre backs playing in front of him...

Charltons 1st was struck from Clayton Playing Fields, he was stood in the wrong place for Oxford goal.

To be fair there was some calamitous defending for most of them as well but I reckon a competent cat would have kept most of them out.

7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No point going through the goals and putting his bollocks straight. A defence stitching up it's keeper like Wilson got will always see some folk blame the keeper for anything and everything.

Take the Oxford goal he's claiming was Wilson's fault...a straight 1 on 1 after the defence make a shambles of the offside trap. Yeah...Wilsons fault, my arse :rolleyes: And then he says Ruddy is just a kid starting out. Ben WIlson...that veteran GK :lol:

The Blackpool one was a shocker. His only one. Possibly the odd goal or two he could've maybe done a bit better with. Directly cost us 5 goals tho? Nah. Sheer, complete & utter bollocks.

Damn. I bit :hooked:

Ruddy hasn't done anything that Wilson didn't do but one is shit and the other one just unlucky? 

Aye, ok pal ???

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ruddy hasn't done anything that Wilson didn't do but one is shit and the other one just unlucky? 

Aye, ok pal ???

You clearly weren't at Rotherham then. And missed goals like Scunny's 3rd that he let go right through his 6yrd box. And can't kick a ball for toffee. Unlike Wilson, he actually looks scared of the ball. Dropped the ball completely in the first 2 minutes against Scunny. Before they scored twice inside 10 mins. He definitely has done stuff that Wilson hasn't. Pal.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Im not impreesed by either reserve keeper.Rudy is rubbish apart from a decent save just before they scored from the resulting corner at Rotherham.Both do not have the confidence of the defenders albeit our defence has not helped them on occasions so thekeepers are not to blame for poor defending at times.We must get a better reserve sorted out and get rid of these two.

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You keep saying this as if it somehow negates the fact he's a really, really poor goalkeeper and probably always will be....

Yes, because history isn't littered with players having a bad time somewhere and yet going on to do alright elsewhere...

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, because history isn't littered with players having a bad time somewhere and yet going on to do alright elsewhere...

Yes just look at Cornell ripping up trees on Northamptons bench, if some had their  way he'd be still here playing for us in the Conference.