Placide

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help feeling we've seen the best of him.  How can he possibly top that performance? 

An all round, remarkable debut. He looked capable in all disciplines apart from kicking out of his hands, which he avoided apart from an amazing diagonal four foot high, 40yd kick/pass that almost culminated in a goal. Of course not kicking out of his hands could have been tactics - not unknown here in recent years. 

He is a very confident and assured character, made some excellent saves, the thing that impressed me most about him was his kicking, really good with either foot.

Although not the tallest (for a goalkeeper) he wasn't afraid to come and collect crosses, a very good debut, lets hope he can continue in the same vein.

Hats off to the lad for patiently biding his time when he knew the 'keepers in front of him were bobbins.

Wellens and Philly had a little private joke last night as the MoM was being announced. Maybe they thought this was a flash in the pan or exactly what they'd been telling Shez since the start of the season?

Hopefully he can justify keeping his place because that was the most entertaining 'keeper shenanigans I've ever seen at our level.

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We know Latics fans, after one bloomer he's got to go they will be saying.

Love these sweeping generalisations.  Ripley made mistakes but was more than appreciated by the fans, as was Pogs, Kelly, etc...

If a keeper's shit, then people will point out that he's shit.

10 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

He's gonna play 341 times for us.

Win the World Cup with Haiti in 2022.

And also score an overhead kick in the 2020/21 season away at West Ham in the Championship.

Then he'll retire and open his own restaurant in Oldham called 'Placides'

If its up there, I'll give you the money myself

10 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Love these sweeping generalisations.  Ripley made mistakes but was more than appreciated by the fans, as was Pogs, Kelly, etc...

If a keeper's shit, then people will point out that he's shit.

I mean with his trying to beat players with fancy footwork. If it goes wrong and costs us a game fans will be here in abundance baying for him to be dropped.

I like him though.

Edited by BP1960