Placide

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game tonight. Great football. Hit the bar, the post and one scrambled off the line. It could have been 7-1 we where class tonight. Placide was class he made a fantastic save one on one. He had no chance with their goal. The defence looked more solid with Brian Wilson and Gerrard at the back instead of Clarke and Hunt. We looked good in midfield without Fane. Lots of chances created and good Football played on the ground. A very enjoyable game to watch. 

33 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

No I didn't travel 1.5 hrs to watch a fkn checatrade game!

Caught almost everything? Thats class!

I didn't need to post anything, I chose to as it's a message board and a thread about Placide following in from previous posts.

I didn't suggest it was his fault I said he conceded a goal. Which he did...again. 

I have to wonder if his kicking was poor with his current goals against record if  everybody would think he was class. He certainly concedes a lot. Read into that what you will.

'Big picture'

He caught everything that it was possible to was what I meant.  

You did suggest it was his fault and you just have again. But as you didn’t go tonight I can disregard your opinion on the match. 

Edited by kowenicki

19 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I went to the game tonight. Great football. Hit the bar, the post and one scrambled off the line. It could have been 7-1 we where class tonight. Placide was class he made a fantastic save one on one. He had no chance with their goal. The defence looked more solid with Brian Wilson and Gerrard at the back instead of Clarke and Hunt. We looked good in midfield without Fane. Lots of chances created and good Football played on the ground. A very enjoyable game to watch. 

Agree we played well and dominated but let’s not forget it was a poor Newcastle team that didn’t really test us at the back at all. I seem to remember they had 2 chances and scored 1. I thought placide saved well from the 1-1 but routine for a keeper rather than a fantastic save as it was straight at him. 

Good run run out but not sure that backline would do as well as those

missing tonight against a physical forward 2 that wanted to dominate centre half’s rather than a couple of kids from Newcastle’s under 21’s. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You did suggest it was his fault and you just have again. Bit as you didn’t go tonight I can disregard your opinion on the match. 

Where did I suggest it was his fault? Please point it out.

Look what I do now to show you how easy it is...

You inferred in your original post was that he dropped some crosses! ?

I also didn't offer an opinion on the match I stated facts and asked questions.

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I went to the game and I didn’t see Placide drop one cross he caught everything in the air tonight except for their goal which was a bullet header and he would have had to pull off a worldie to stop that

Don't tell me tell Koweniki he inferred that he dropped at least a couple... I wasnt there!

Well you seem to make assumptions on hearsay. I would not comment if I was you unless you watched the match. Too many people post on this forum about games they never go to watch. How the hell can you comment on a game or on an Individuals performance if you did not go?

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Oh shut up. I clarified my point by saying he caught everything that it was possible to.  End of discussion. 

As did I which wasn't good enough for you. I've enjoyed this little chat though It's been class!

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well you seem to make assumptions on hearsay. I would not comment if I was you unless you watched the match. Too many people post on this forum about games they never go to watch. How the hell can you comment on a game or on an Individuals performance if you did not go?

What have I assumed? I merely stated facts. He conceded a goal and made Cruyff turns. They are not assumptions.

I haven't offered an opinion on the the teams or any individuals performances.

Edited by palmer1

8 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

How the hell can you comment on a game or on an Individuals performance if you did not go?

More difficult to assess an individual’s performance I agree - but i’ve no problem with someone posting an opinion based on the match report and actual highlights. 

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

More difficult to assess an individual’s performance I agree - but i’ve no problem with someone posting an opinion based on the match report and actual highlights. 

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I also agree to that because an official match report will always be more accurate and watching highlights you can make your own personal assumptions 

As someone who only gets to two games a year ( sometimes more but rarely so this last 5 years) due to being based in Australia I study very carefully match reports, the odd video highlight and certain peoples viewpoint that I respect upon this forum,  and always my brothers ( wife's company is a sponsor) and cousins views who get phoned after nearly every game.

I tend to come to conclusions on a players abilities and attitude with some surprising accuracy. What is harder, and nigh on impossible to be fair is views based on tactics.  The TV ( like I follow) just follows the ball and it is pure guesswork on the formation and off the ball running.

Like a blind person relies on hearing to help understand what is going on around him you would be surprised what info you pick up that is accurate when you cant see the games.

So yes I make sometimes glaring errors in judgement, and I am not afraid to concede to well put counter arguments, but I like to think I get more right than wrong. 

4 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I also agree to that because an official match report will always be more accurate and watching highlights you can make your own personal assumptions 

Our website match reports are lame. As is the whole website to be frank.

Latics official website is probably the last place I look if I'm trying to find out the team or look for highlights et cetera.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Latics official website is probably the last place I look if I'm trying to find out the team or look for highlights et cetera.

I don’t think it’s too bad to be equally frank. ?

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I don’t think it’s too bad to be equally frank. ?

Be interesting to who or what you are comparing Monty.

I think they do a good job. Sam Roscoe has beena good addition too.

In fairness,  Gordon was a huge void to fill.

Considering they are fed on scraps, we haven't had much to shout about for 20 odd years.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I think the website itself has vastly improved in content legibility and layout since it first adopted the format it is in, however, I do find the match reports to be a bit on the amateurish side. Far too many uses of the word "but". Whoever is writing the reports needs to take more time and to be a bit more creative with the content and its structure. I would love to see Matt Chambers writing them.

On 07/11/2017 at 9:11 PM, palmer1 said:

A couple of Cruyff turns again...

no clean sheet....again

On 07/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, palmer1 said:

Seriously? How much could he have had to do against a team like that to be descri ed as class. Matt Chambers called it men against boys & then dads vs kids.

Over estimation of his performance maybe but I bet he kicked well which seems to be enough for some.

Would you say you hate him more or less than you hated Connor Brown??? 

From where I'm sat this one seems to be cutting a lot deeper........

You're fucking SEETHING at his very existence aren't you... :lol:

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Would you say you hate him more or less than you hated Connor Brown??? 

From where I'm sat this one seems to be cutting a lot deeper........

You're fucking SEETHING at his very existence aren't you... :lol:

Not even close mate! I'd move seats if I were you...

Placide could perform better at full back that Brown could.

14 hours ago, singe said:

Be interesting to who or what you are comparing Monty.

I think they do a good job. Sam Roscoe has beena good addition too.

In fairness,  Gordon was a huge void to fill.

Considering they are fed on scraps, we haven't had much to shout about for 20 odd years.

Just last season. A year ago at 2pm I could go to Latics Wall and read the starting XI, tried a few times this season and I had to click around for 10minutes, decline a few invites to sign up and then go to somewhere like twitter. So now I just go straight to somewhere like twitter.

Match reports appear too soon and seem to be written by a work experience kid.

It's probably OK if you pay money for pref access, but that's not how club info should be dished out IMO.

Maybe it has improved recently, but it's too late I'm gone.

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Just last season. A year ago at 2pm I could go to Latics Wall and read the starting XI, tried a few times this season and I had to click around for 10minutes, decline a few invites to sign up and then go to somewhere like twitter. So now I just go straight to somewhere like twitter.

Match reports appear too soon and seem to be written by a work experience kid.

It's probably OK if you pay money for pref access, but that's not how club info should be dished out IMO.

Maybe it has improved recently, but it's too late I'm gone.

I remember in the olden days when the Green final was rushed out quickly and reports were full of typo's. 

One report had David Shaw scoring a winner in the 90th day and a Saddleworth cricketer hitting a double century -  a feat not achieved since 1066.

One I'm not sure of was the description that a match was crappy rather than scrappy.

Edited by BP1960