Placide

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Sounds like he might be "a bit of a character"

Last played for an unpronounceable Bulgarian side last season but left them after some sort of row. Listed on the Japanese website as playing for us. Maybe we just signed him to keep Placide company.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see link in above post!

Edited by perfectOzblue

34 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Has a look of one of the unsigned

trialists I've seen training but wiki has him at 6' 3" and thought the player I'd seen was a bit taller.

Was in the Freeview training video weeks ago.

It really does get interestinger and interestinger every day. Boy am I glad that I didn't just decide to support Man U like all the other kids in my class in Middleton. 

Edit: do you think the unsigned trialists get paid? :D

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

14 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Edit: do you think the unsigned trialists get paid? :D

To be fair only seen him plus one more who aren't signed up - apart from maybe the young French lad who turned up at Litle Wembley and asked me where the youth complex was!

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

To be fair only seen him plus one more who aren't signed up - apart from maybe the young French lad who turned up at Litle Wembley and asked me where the youth complex was!

Did you tell him its 2 buses to Chapel Road?

Edited by BP1960

38 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Didn’t cover himself in glory with any of those goals did he......? That number 20 scored a belter tho. Get him in for trial.

Nazon...he's scored 4 goals on loan this season at Coventry from Wolves.

Edited by BP1960

28 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Didn’t cover himself in glory with any of those goals did he......? That number 20 scored a belter tho. Get him in for trial.

Looked very exposed. Perhaps the 3rd he could have done better.  The Japanese keeper looked terrible though. 

Agree about that goal. 

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Centre back Jean Ambrose, who according to twitter is training with us came on as a substitute .

I saw a picture of him earlier. Yes definitely been with us - I saw him walking with Placide down Broadway the other week. It's probably the casual racist in me, but I thought it was Fane at first...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have thought that was Abdallah's plan, especially if he's buying the club only (i.e no land/stand etc.)? Bring freebies over from his contacts/agency, they do the biz, he then sells them and make money on them to cover costs/profit?