Bradford (a)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will say what I have just said on twitter. People laughed when I said Fane can play higher up the football pyramid but his performances have been outstanding. Not pretty but you need a player like him in every team. Decent training paying off and the extra sessions he is putting on for himself. 

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Watched the second half on Facebook - it's great to see a team work so hard. I feared that we may tire in the closing stages but not so. Decent point against a decent team.

Sets it up nicely for the Franchise...all together now

' You got no history...'

How did you manage to watch it on Facebook? Take it someone live streams it? Can you give me a link to who?

cheers

3 minutes ago, jacko_oafc said:

How did you manage to watch it on Facebook? Take it someone live streams it? Can you give me a link to who?

cheers

A BCFC fan must do it for their fixtures...surely someone can do that for OAFC's? I would pay a £5 to whoever does each fixture! 

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Er.... we’ve just won 3 and drawn 1 away against teams going for promotion. We are 19th after a poor start.  Christ your negativity is fucking tedious. Clown.  

Really...so where does a very good side finish?  12 th is ipso facto average ......good  is probably top 10....very good is play offs......are you predicting play offs ?

5 minutes ago, Magister said:

Really...so where does a very good side finish?  12 th is ipso facto average ......good  is probably top 10....very good is play offs......are you predicting play offs ?

Yes. What are you predicting (based on the fact you don’t even go to games)?

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, Magister said:

I would say with 33 games to play, 99 points to play for, the way we are playing and if Wellens gets the job then I wouldn’t say 9 or 10 points to finish top 6 is insurmountable really in the greater scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, inspectormorose said:

I would say with 33 games to play, 99 points to play for, the way we are playing and if Wellens gets the job then I wouldn’t say 9 or 10 points to finish top 6 is insurmountable really in the greater scheme of things. 

Win the game in hand and we are 5 points off the top 6 right now. 

I’m really starting to think we could do something this year. What we’re doing is very impressive, the performances are very consistent. Which if it carries on the league position will take care of itself. Been on Bradfords forum and there very complimentary, (which is unusual as fans are generally one eyed.)  Saying we’re in a false position, really decent side. McCall saying positive things as well.   

I can’t remember the last time I fancied us no matter who we were playing. Even if we finish top 10, how good is it to genuinely think we’ve got at least a chance this year!? 

Happy days. *

* (I await the enivatable off the field self inflicted drama) 

Really good game & cracking atmosphere. Goal was a fantastic pass & finish - so nice having strikers you know will put those chances away! Fane excellent winning the ball, Clarke outstanding in defence as always. Hoping against hope for RW to get the job tomorrow, I really think we've got something resembling a team there!

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Will say what I have just said on twitter. People laughed when I said Fane can play higher up the football pyramid but his performances have been outstanding. Not pretty but you need a player like him in every team. Decent training paying off and the extra sessions he is putting on for himself. 

He won't play at a higher level because he can't pass a football.

However, he was excellent tonight, and was against Peterborough the other week...

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He won't play at a higher level because he can't pass a football.

However, he was excellent tonight, and was against Peterborough the other week...

Yeah agree, one minuite im thinking he's a top player and love him cos he's made a last ditch tackle that no one else would make and driven it all the way forward. But then he just gets to the passing stage he looks like he's got a hot potatoe at his feet. Not to sure if he is able to progress to a higher level. But I love the fact he wanted to prove himself here, love the fact he is working hard with extra sessions, and his performances have been really good lately. Happy for him 

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Even though Byrne had a very quiet game tonight, I still want  him or Gardner on the pitch at all times. I did not feel comfortable with  a midfield trio of Fane, Omrani and Flynn

In general, i agree with this. Although there is something about Omrani  that suggests future captain. He has a presence about him.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Thinking back to it, the number of blocks Clarke made in front of our goal was just immense. Must've been at least 10 over the course of the match.

The reason Fane is doing better is because teams are going after Byrne, allowing Fane more time on the ball. Those simple balls are even more simple now. In some ways I was disappointed that he didn't drive forward more often, despite having a cracking game breaking up play. That's the reason he won't play at the level above. 

We have so many outlets as well in Nepo, Gardner, Byrne, Doyle and Davies who are all very different but are all a real threat.

For me, with a bit more solidity at the back we're easily a playoff side. We were better than Bradford last night, and if you can say that I reckon you're in with a good chance of being in the top quarter of sides in the division...

Edited by NewBlue

10 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Thinking back to it, the number of blocks Clarke made in front of our goal was just immense. Must've been at least 10 over the course of the match.

The reason Fane is doing better is because teams are going after Byrne, allowing Fane more time on the ball. Those simple balls are even more simple now. In some ways I was disappointed that he didn't drive forward more often, despite having a cracking game breaking up play. That's the reason he won't play at the level above. 

We have so many outlets as well in Nepo, Gardner, Byrne, Doyle and Davies who are all very different but are all a real threat.

For me, with a bit more solidity at the back we're easily a playoff side. We were better than Bradford last night, and if you can say that I reckon you're in with a good chance of being in the top quarter of sides in the division...

Clarke has improved dramatically since Gerrard was dropped, hate to sound like a JS basher but i'm afraid he had his head up ariss playing Gerrard/clarke together.