• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bury have a lot of quality players on paper so no surprises that it was a tougher game than a lot of our fans thought it would be.

The intensity with which we play looks to be catching up with us but how difficult must it be to not keep playing the starting XI. 

Getting a result tonight having played so poorly is something we haven’t done for a long time, it’s a bloody good sign.

Rest up to Saturday and then rest as many as possible against Newcastle and we’ll be back sharp for the following Saturday

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Attendance was 5283, about 700 Bury.

4500 Tics tells you all need to know, play decent football (although tonight wasnt as good) and they will come.

It has to be said though, as a game it was quite entertaining in pretty poor conditions.

Holloways finish was what you would expect from a striker, perhaps having Davies and Doyle here may have realigned his sights.

Johnny is close to becoming a new hero, Conor who?

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

That is harsh on Dumnlingham, he was isolated so many times I thought he did well without much help, the brain fart at the end aside.

Agree I thought it was one of Dummingham's best games particularly when he was left exposed in the second half also great clearance in the first half to dig Clarke out.

My God...you cannot say our games are boring...I really do hate approaching that 90th minute mark and we are not winning 4-0 minimum

we ususally let them in, what a save by jonny and what was it two/three passes late our 92 odd minute winner is sitting snuggly on the back of the net. I love the fact we a prepared to have a run at the opposition...it's a bloody wonderful thing to watch.

phew....I hope we can sustain this level of entertaining footy. 

Edited by underdog

Dummigan was excellent imho tonight arguably my MOTM given how exposed he was and left 2–1 over and over yet he really put a shift in - won the hall back time and again and gives us an option when breaking quickly.

byrne’s temperament worries me tonight booked for losing his head over a drop ball arguing with team mates - and for the first 20 minutes of the second half it had clearly affected him. Take a deep breath Jack and fucking grow up you’re no use sat on the sidelines. You’re massive to our midfield we need you out in the meadow!

Wellens really can do no wrong at the moment Green misses a gilt edged chance to win it the AAH buries that at the end. Absolutely buzzing and as for Jonny Placide what an entertaining crazy fucker he is!

it wasn’t pretty at times tonight but we dug in and scored two excellent goals. Bury if they sack Clark will be top half they’re a good outfit.

Edited by oafcprozac

2 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Dummigan was excellent imho tonight arguably my MOTM given how exposed he was and left 2–1 over and over yet he really put a shift in - won the hall back time and again and gives us an option when breaking quickly.

byrne’s temperament worries me tonight booked for losing his head over a drop ball arguing with team mates - and for the first 20 minutes of the second half it had clearly affected him. Take a deep breath Jack and fucking grow up you’re no use sat in the sidelines. 

Wellebs really can di no wrong at the moment Green misses a gilt edged chance to win it the AAH buries that at the end. Absolutely buzzing and as for Jonny Placide what an entertaining crazy fucker he is!

Dont think Green's was a gilt edged chance, credit the defender for making it really difficult.

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

4500 Tics tells you all need to know, play decent football (although tonight wasnt as good) and they will come.

It has to be said though, as a game it was quite entertaining in pretty poor conditions.

Holloways finish was what you would expect from a striker, perhaps having Davies and Doyle here may have realigned his sights.

Johnny is close to becoming a new hero, Conor who?

4500 tics was maybe because it was free tonight for under 16’s

Really enjoyed the game, terrible conditions and it was our worst performance under Wellens but it still looked like 2 good sides, at the end it was real end to end stuff. Great ball from johnny and a great finish from AAH, hopefully that will give him great confidence, he’ll be back to the bench Saturday as Davies was superb tonight I thought, but he has to be ready when required as he was tonight. Bury looked a decent side to me and if they play like that will rise in the league as we seem to be doing.

3 minutes ago, robboman said:

4500 tics was maybe because it was free tonight for under 16’s

There was competition for the U16's tonight, Citeh were charging £1, even if it wasn't free I bet we would have had 4000 tics in, considering we had less than 3000 total gate against Posh that is pretty decent.

Wellens was constantly shouting instructions and listening to advice from TP. Two really well taken goals .. the sort we have been missing for so long. Really pleased that AAH put that away. Placide's handling was top class. Bryan mom in my book followed by Hunt, whos defensive work seemed to go unnoticed. The ref was shit ... But that's almost a given these days... 

3What a finish by Holloway The Wellens effect has worked on him as well

We did not play well in the second half but a win is a win.

Their player has one of the longest throw ins I've seen. More like a corner.

Great crowd again.

Let's get another win on Saturday.

Happy days are here again!!

21 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Still think the second half was poor, maybe shambles was a tad harsh but i actually thought if anyone was going to nick it it would be them.

Looks like some of the lads need a break, but not much respite to come in the upcoming games.