By no means a vintage performance, but an excellent 3 points when a draw would have been a fairer result on the balance of play, but as we should have won on Saturday this in some way redresses the balance.

We never got our passing going and constantly gave the ball away.

I think Placide is a frustrated outfield player, he spends more time out of his box than in, he is the best goalkeeper I have seen at Latics with his feet, he seems comfortable on either side as well.

As has been said above, he will undoubtedly at some point cost us a goal or two, when it doesn't work or he gets caught out, but what a character he is.

I had almost forgotten how much I dislike Jermaine Beckford until last night, brought it all flooding back, moaning bastard from start to finish, so glad he ended up on the losing team.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

By no means a vintage performance, but an excellent 3 points when a draw would have been a fairer result on the balance of play, but as we should have won on Saturday this in some way redresses the balance.

We never got our passing going and constantly gave the ball away.

I think Placide is a frustrated outfield player, he spends more time out of his box than in, he is the best goalkeeper I have seen at Latics with his feet, he seems comfortable on either side as well.

As has been said above, he will undoubtedly at some point cost us a goal or two, when it doesn't work or he gets caught out, but what a character he is.

I had almost forgotten how much I dislike Jermaine Beckford until last night, brought it all flooding back, moaning bastard from start to finish, so glad he ended up on the losing team.

My mate Phil last night:

"Fuck off Beckford you're shit.............. unless you sign for us".

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We can score the slick passing goals as withe the first at MK Dons and last night. We can also score the Route One smash it forward and see what happens goals.

Get in!

Except that wasn't smash it forward, it was a pass. If Glenn Hoddle had been a keeper.

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We can score the slick passing goals as withe the first at MK Dons and last night. We can also score the Route One smash it forward and see what happens goals.

Get in!

And after last season with its grand total of 31 was it in the league: we can score goals!

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Agreed - it was a measured long ball rather than a smash it forward type of ball. Still shows that we have both types of build up play at our disposal!

Absolutely. Bury pressed us to try and negate our passing game. It's a great weapon to take out most of their team.

35 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That’s top 6 odds, not top half. 

Around 5/2 top half.

20/1 for top 6 and around 66/1 for promotion, Stan James still offering 150/1 on promotion but that won't last long :chubb:

Having been 33/1 a few weeks ago Doyle is now around the 10/1 mark to be top scorer, if we retain him that still looks a good bet, he's a goal machine at this level.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Around 5/2 top half.

20/1 for top 6 and around 66/1 for promotion, Stan James still offering 150/1 on promotion but that won't last long :chubb:

Having been 33/1 a few weeks ago Doyle is now around the 10/1 mark to be top scorer, if we retain him that still looks a good bet, he's a goal machine at this level.

10/1 is good value if we retain him. The IF we retain him makes it bad value currently.

If he plays against Carlisle 10/1 improves its value as he'll be cup tied improving his likelihood of staying.

Not the dominant win I was hoping for but a win when playing or being made to play poorly is not something we are used to.

We were always a threat but from half time both Byrne and Queensy gave up on defending so it was more like a 4 2 4 and that made it much more exciting.  The Johny assist was the best I have seen at any level for a long time.  To save and then see the option waving Holloway forward before launching that pass which he put on the money so Holloway was through and only had to score - fantastic no wonder the defenders ran to Johny.

Astonishing lack of tracking back and general effort from Menig. Can only assume he is unfit. Both our full backs were outstanding considering how isolated they were.

Omrani the difference. I would look to start him on Saturday pushing Gardner out wide.

Edited by welshgaz

22 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Before kick off placide went to every player hugged and fist pumped them... And they all responded ... Shoes some togetherness

Placide gave it some Timpson up the pitch to Holloway.

Hope Clarke gets the boot now