• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep - it was his first since his brace in the 3-2 home defeat to Rochdale.

Perhaps a new instruction from RW..shoot on sight?

Queensy seems to be doing it.

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Edmondson had another good game for AFC Fylde last night, another clean sheet and they've yet to concede since he's been there, not sure where Jamie Stott was, he wasn't named in the matchday squad of 16.

according to his uncle hes spat the dummy out and had a row with there manager about being on the bench all the time apparently Fulham were sniffing around him close season 

4 hours ago, rigsby said:

It was a great finish!! He showed strength to hold off the last man and the finish was superb, very well struck.

I have said it before and i will say it again, there is a good player in Hollaway.

I seen something on the Wycombe forum a while back saying it’s known that Holloway doesent enjoy being a pro footballer due to the hard work you have to put in strange I know, he obviously has talent and Wellens alluded to him being lazy in training in his post match interview last night and said he can go far in the game if he puts the effort in 

19 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

I seen something on the Wycombe forum a while back saying it’s known that Holloway doesent enjoy being a pro footballer due to the hard work you have to put in strange I know, he obviously has talent and Wellens alluded to him being lazy in training in his post match interview last night and said he can go far in the game if he puts the effort in 

That's strange because he certainly put in the effort during matches, it was the goalscoring aspect that let him down.

You actually hear trainers say about top horses they only come alive on race days, so maybe he needs careful handling with a new man at the reigns.

RW has seen something in him I think which will hopefully help him become an even better player. 

Edited by BP1960

6 hours ago, singe said:

If you look who is not getting much of a look in at the moment, many could easily come in a do a job too, and would have been first team regulars last season, it is practically a whole team.

I've left out Ruddy & Wilson but in other years they may have been first choice to amek an entire team.

Gerrard

Edmundson (developmentally rather than 1st team regular at this stage)

Flynn

Kyremeh

Nepomuceno

Green

Maouche potentially if unknown

Osei

Tope

Duffus (through injury obvs)

Wilson.....

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's strange because he certainly put in the effort during matches, it was the goalscoring aspect that let him down.

You actually hear trainers say about top horses they only come alive on race days, so maybe he needs careful handling with a new man at the reigns.

RW has seen something in him I think which will hopefully help him become an even better player. 

Yes I also think Tony Philiskirk can improve his game as do similar to what he did to Matt Smith 

1 hour ago, peanuts said:

according to his uncle hes spat the dummy out and had a row with there manager about being on the bench all the time apparently Fulham were sniffing around him close season 

They'll spend that David Mellor money one day if it's the last thing they do.....

58 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Nepomuceno ?? Played 9 games in a row up to last night. rested or injured? 

Fawns vanished from bench. 

Banks cough. 

Banks is one match away from suspension, obviously we don't want to risk him.:unsure:

7 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

Might be something in this - we do seem to have lost the shot-shyness that we have had in previous seasons.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Perhaps a new instruction from RW..shoot on sight?

Queensy seems to be doing it.

Fane obviously didn't hear him.

Thought he'd have a blast when he 'wandered' into the box and, from close in, he just didn't shoot.

I love the messy work he does for us, however, he often pops up in an advanced position and if this kid can get us a goal or two, his confidence will soar and he really could kick on. 

He's proved that he's got a 95 minute engine, and I would trust that RW will develop Ossie's potential to improve his all round game further.

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Fane obviously didn't hear him.

Thought he'd have a blast when he 'wandered' into the box and, from close in, he just didn't shoot.

I love the messy work he does for us, however, he often pops up in an advanced position and if this kid can get us a goal or two, his confidence will soar and he really could kick on. 

He's proved that he's got a 95 minute engine, and I would trust that RW will develop Ossie's potential to improve his all round game further.

I'm assuming you mean Osei ? I think he has potential, but I doubt we will see him here. Duffus, Holloway, meing, McLaughlin, Tope, even fawns would be ahead of him in the striker position in my opinion  

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I'm assuming you mean Osei ? I think he has potential, but I doubt we will see him here. Duffus, Holloway, meing, McLaughlin, Tope, even fawns would be ahead of him in the striker position in my opinion  

Nope, it’s a version of Fane’s first name. 

24 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

I think I will stick a tenner on him right now.

From a consolation point of view I wonder what the odds of them finishing above us is as well (would be gutting and don’t expect it but still...)

2/1 currently with Sky Bet