• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed Placide repeatedly taking the piss out of Beckford. Like the game at Elland Road years ago when Gregan had him in his pocket all game, but funnier. I know his showboating is gonna cost us goals but fucking hell it's worth it.

Having Placide in net is like having an extra outfield player at the back he is so comfortable on the ball it allows us to build up from the back Ive seen us have some good goalkeepers but hes our first out and out sweeper keeper. Hes also so comfortable on crosses too and catches the ball so well, something that appears to have gone out of fashion in goalkeeping. 

Hes also a huge character too the way he was celebrating at the end shows how much hes enjoying being here at the moment and the fans have taken him to their hearts. Then again if you dont like watching a player like that then its time to give up football.

As for the game I thought it wasnt our best at times the passing was abit sloppy except for the first goal which wouldnt have looked out of place at the nou camp. Byrne probably had his poorest game for us he tried to do much at times when keeping it simple would have been better but we will let him off because he has done so well for us since hes been here. Then again we have played alot of football and it felt like we had a few tired legs out there tonight. Thought Craig Davies put in a big shift for us and arguably needed to come off earlier than he did. Tbought Wellens made a very good sub in tge second half bringing Queensy off for Omrani. Bury were getting ontop in midfield and bringing him on just sured us up in the middle of the pitch. Still thibk Queensy will need time to adapt but hes clearly got it. Holloway reminded us that we have other options upfront too.

Overall very happy we are winning games and playing well what is not to enjoy about tbe football at the moment? Anyone who hasn't been for a while get yourselves down to BP you are missing out on some of the best football in a decade.

On we go

Edited by GlossopLatic

What a f*cking night. Just felt we were gonna nick that, kind of games that if we're serious about being in the top 6 we need to win. Scrappy games were we aren't great. Played 11 of the top 12. Lots and lots below us to play. Winning when not at our best. A striker who can score.

Just get that feeling we're onto something special.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Baffling, he was running it for them!

He was but he had been booked for a bad challenge on Fane (although weather may have made it look worse than it was) then did a tactical foul on Davies about 30 yards out, which may have earned him a booking if he hadn't already been booked.

He couldn't run it from the dressing room so Clark brought him off to save him being sent off; something that I think Wellens was considering for Byrne at points, and may have been why he did eventually bring him off.

Ince only really began running it after Byrne had been booked so was frightened of fouling. Their 2 on 1 overload on our right may have helped as well. Dummigan did well to cope at times.

How many games has Beckford played against us when he hasn't gotten out of a defender's pocket all game, Bryan tonight, Gregan about 10 times when Beckford was at Leeds? 

Saw what Wellens meant in his interview tonight about getting angry/over passionate and needed a 'cooler/older' figure to calm him down. Saw TP do it a few times tonight, perfect match if we get the right older figure in. As said on, TP would be great, but get the feeling he wants to carry on with the youth.

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Saw what Wellens meant in his interview tonight about getting angry/over passionate and needed a 'cooler/older' figure to calm him down. Saw TP do it a few times tonight, perfect match if we get the right older figure in. As said on, TP would be great, but get the feeling he wants to carry on with the youth.

Was watching on ifollow and as the camera was following the ball crossing the half way line, I could see Wellens bouncing up and down going absolutely berserk on the touchline ??

love it personally 

Amazing we looked very leggy and tired tonight, Gardner and Byrne dident have there best games for us but still contributed to a great goal, one touch passing between them both, Davies and Doyle with a great finish, we started the second half poorly and Bury took advantage, I could see them scoring again when they had a spell for about 10-15 minutes obviously their goal gave them a lift be we managed to weather the storm, Kean Bryan excellent, Also Dummigan has a great game again, raced back to make a couple of last ditch blocks when we were in trouble down the left against Greg Leigh Burys best player. I was hoping we could hold on for the draw, but Placide is a hero, makes a great save from Beckford and most keepers would hold onto that and take the point but his distribution and vision is outstanding, picks out Holloway who had the strength to outmuscle there CB and a great finish, buzzing for Holloway, the scenes at the end were fantastic, what a great squad and team spirit we have, when you think we have players like Mcglaughin and Duffus, Tope and the Gymafi all to come back we are looking very strong going forward ! 

Just got in again and not read previous 3 pages as pissed up (regular occurance i know) ill read them tomorow.

From what i have seen since Wellens took over that is the worst we have played, pretty decent first half but in the 2nd half they went a form of 3 up top and we struggled massively with it and buy taking Mensig? (not sure who's who at the moment tbh) off and going a narrow diamond 4-1-2-1-2 i thought we would get murdered out wide, but fair play to the boys we ground out again and cant beat a last minute winner again against local rivals.......one thing that needs addressing in my eyes is the lack of width on the right side, he may not be in the best of form but you have to feel a bit for Dummigan he has abseloutely no outlet to pass forward to or cover him on the overlap....he's pissing against the wind most times.

Thought for old Jonny dick fingers before he gets banned for 10 games for having found to have an illegal adhesive put on his gloves......how refreshing in this day and age to see a keeper catch the fucking round thing made of leather and his distribution is phenomenal.......Doyle's chance to conversion rate is bonkers and Davies stay on your feet because when you do your an abseloute hold up nuisance....stop falling over and being a mardy bastard like you were 80% of the second half when we needed you to hold the thing up.......onwards and upwards.....come on you blue bastards 

Forgot to post in ny lengthy last one, 700 or so Bury for a local derby.....f##k off....pissed of with these "local derby" wank followings.....we'd have took 2k+.....sooner the likes of Rochdale & Bury arnt our "rivals" the better.....embarrasing turn out again we line their pockets with our great followings at these places and this is what they bring, tinpot black pudding shaggers.......sooner these go under tbe better they've had enough lives now no way they can sustain that wage bill and that smack head Beckford can do one the scruffy fu##er

33 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Just got in again and not read previous 3 pages as pissed up (regular occurance i know) ill read them tomorow.

From what i have seen since Wellens took over that is the worst we have played, pretty decent first half but in the 2nd half they went a form of 3 up top and we struggled massively with it and buy taking Mensig? (not sure who's who at the moment tbh) off and going a narrow diamond 4-1-2-1-2 i thought we would get murdered out wide, but fair play to the boys we ground out again and cant beat a last minute winner again against local rivals.......one thing that needs addressing in my eyes is the lack of width on the right side, he may not be in the best of form but you have to feel a bit for Dummigan he has abseloutely no outlet to pass forward to or cover him on the overlap....he's pissing against the wind most times.

Thought for old Jonny dick fingers before he gets banned for 10 games for having found to have an illegal adhesive put on his gloves......how refreshing in this day and age to see a keeper catch the fucking round thing made of leather and his distribution is phenomenal.......Doyle's chance to conversion rate is bonkers and Davies stay on your feet because when you do your an abseloute hold up nuisance....stop falling over and being a mardy bastard like you were 80% of the second half when we needed you to hold the thing up.......onwards and upwards.....come on you blue bastards 

Get in, Happy days

13 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Forgot to post in ny lengthy last one, 700 or so Bury for a local derby.....f##k off....pissed of with these "local derby" wank followings.....we'd have took 2k+.....sooner the likes of Rochdale & Bury arnt our "rivals" the better.....embarrasing turn out again we line their pockets with our great followings at these places and this is what they bring, tinpot black pudding shaggers.......sooner these go under tbe better they've had enough lives now no way they can sustain that wage bill and that smack head Beckford can do one the scruffy fu##er

Now now calm down, that lady will be having a word with you again ?

18 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

I think that's enough for tonight.. haha. Enjoy the celebrations, your first post was better taste than this one ;)

Watched on iFollow last night as was sick as a dog but my god I jumped out of bed when AAH scored! 

Kean Bryan MOTM all day long for me, great performance from him and appears to have settled well at CB.

Can't fault Dummigan at all - form much better now he's actually being played in his position plus several times a game he's left with 2 men due to Byrne's free role, so to call him out on that is bonkers, if anything he's over achieving defending well against 2.

like others have said, have to say we are looking leggy. Get scunny done then on tues rest as many key players as possible.  With the pressing game we are trying to play it was bound to happen and you can certainly see us tiring quicker. Have a good days rest today lads, couple of light training sessions then onto Scunthorpe who aren't a bad side at all

It was myself that gave Dummingham a bit of criticism.

I think he is generally a good player, and I do accept that the way our midfield (particularly Byrne) play means that we can be exposed a bit at the back - nature of being an attacking team I suppose - I still feel that he has looked a little lost a couple of times in recent games on occasion.