• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result - worst performance under Wellens so far.

Bury were quick to the ball and pressed us (same tactics we have employed recently?) and it seemed to get to us.  We were still trying to play the way RS has got us playing, but you realise that quick one touch, occasional blinds, passes can go quickly wrong and many times tonight we gave the ball away too easily.

But we also maintained our threat despite that, and were always in the game.  Placide kept us in it with a few good saves, coupled with Bury making some poor decisions in the final third / poor final ball....and then...

...bang, last minute counter attack winner.

They say good teams win when playing badly - which I am not sure we played quite ‘badly’ but we laboured tonight and could have lost / drawn with few complaints.

But more importantly - RW has not only transformed our season in terms of results, style of play, confidence and belief.  Something even more impressive than that.....he got Holloway to score!

Great win and much needed. Was impressed with bury, worked hard and defence gave no change to Davies. Was funny sub by Clarke to take their best player ince off.

thought omrani brought a good physical presence to midfield and made a difference coming on. Davies put a real shift in a placide was solid and confident. Great to watch us playing under wellens 

5 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Also - being critical of the current starting 11.  Dummingham seems to be getting found out a little more - Blackburn first half tested him, tonight wasn’t great either.

He gets zero help from Byrne who is showing signs of why he can't get settled at a club, head went just before half time and Dummigan was left two on one for the last hour.

5 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Also - being critical of the current starting 11.  Dummingham seems to be getting found out a little more - Blackburn first half tested him, tonight wasn’t great either.

I wonder whether Wilson will get a go instead of Dummigan, who panicked a bit at MK. I see that Nepo was left out after what I thought was an awful sub performance at MK. 

6 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

I was at both games, and it's very easy to blame him, but Byrne is being played as a free role right winger, and it's leaving dummingan exposed eveytime, the opposition left back always has the ball in yards of space. But the thing is, Byrne in the free role gives us a lot of attatcking intent which everyone can see. Just one of our weaknesses in the way we set up 

Buzzing cause of the goal at the end.  Lost the voice!!  Thought our first goal was very good, apart fronm that over 90 minutes we struggled tonight.  Think byrne could do with a rest, last 3 games hes been okay and i mean that in the best possible way as i think he has been outstanding.  Glad for holloway cause in all honesty i thought he would sky it..... delighted to be so far of the mark with that.

Who got mom?  I would of gave it to clarkr.  What was attendance??

6 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Buzzing cause of the goal at the end.  Lost the voice!!  Thought our first goal was very good, apart fronm that over 90 minutes we struggled tonight.  Think byrne could do with a rest, last 3 games hes been okay and i mean that in the best possible way as i think he has been outstanding.  Glad for holloway cause in all honesty i thought he would sky it..... delighted to be so far of the mark with that.

Who got mom?  I would of gave it to clarkr.  What was attendance??

Kean Bryan MOM - well deserved 

17 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

That is harsh on Dumnlingham, he was isolated so many times I thought he did well without much help, the brain fart at the end aside.