Credit to Wellens for the substitution last night as well. On the face of it a defensive move when we were 1-1 and looking to win the game but we were losing a bit of control and Omrani helped solidify the midfield. I wouldn’t advocate changing anything about how we’re playing at the moment but potentially the beginnings of a Plan B with Omrani and Fane in midfield when we need a more solid base for others to push on ahead? (although Omrani also does look like he can play a bit too)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Omrani the difference. I would look to start him on Saturday pushing Gardner out wide.

Sorry but I can't have that Gardner needs to play centrally, if there's a problem out wider that needs dealing with separately not by moving one of our key men out there.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but I can't have that Gardner needs to play centrally, if there's a problem out wider that needs dealing with separately not by moving one of our key men out there.

Gardner looked better wide last night, probably as he could preserve his energy more as he looked shattered in the centre.

I just think we need to make room for Omrani as he looks a classy all round player. Wins headers, shows for the ball and good distribution.

Its pleasing to see a manager making subs that influence the game. 

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

Gardner looked better wide last night, probably as he could preserve his energy more as he looked shattered in the centre.

I just think we need to make room for Omrani as he looks a classy all round player. Wins headers, shows for the ball and good distribution.

Its pleasing to see a manager making subs that influence the game. 

Agree on Omrani he's looked a really handy player in the three home sub appearances even if a couple were very brief. He even got an assist against Peterborough. I'll write Rotherham off, it was a long time ago now and no one played well there.

Covers plenty of ground when he gets on and seems capable of putting his foot on the ball and picking out a pass.Good to see we've decent options available from the bench.

Edited by ChrisA

4 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Agree on Omrani he's looked a really handy player in the three home sub appearances even if a couple were very brief. He even got an assist against Peterborough. I'll write Rotherham off, it was a long time ago now and no one played well there.

Covers plenty of ground when he gets on and seems capable of putting his foot on the ball and picking out a pass.Good to see we've decent options available from the bench.

to borrrow a cricketing term we bat right down the order now 

Edited by peanuts

6 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

We had a lot more bite in midfield when he came on, they were walking through our midfield before that. Great substitution. 

5 minutes ago, peanuts said:

to borrrow a cricketing term we bat right down the order now 

If you look who is not getting much of a look in at the moment, many could easily come in a do a job too, and would have been first team regulars last season, it is practically a whole team.

I've left out Ruddy & Wilson but in other years they may have been first choice to amek an entire team.

Gerrard

Edmundson (developmentally rather than 1st team regular at this stage)

Flynn

Kyremeh

Nepomuceno

Green

Maouche potentially if unknown

Osei

Tope

Duffus (through injury obvs)

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Astonishing lack of tracking back and general effort from Menig. Can only assume he is unfit. Both our full backs were outstanding considering how isolated they were.

Omrani the difference. I would look to start him on Saturday pushing Gardner out wide.

I'd go with this too to give us that bit more solidarity certainly away from home.

Menig could definitely give us something from the bench though if we are looking for a goal late on anykind of creative spark.

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Astonishing lack of tracking back and general effort from Menig. Can only assume he is unfit. Both our full backs were outstanding considering how isolated they were.

In his post match interview the other day RW blamed himself for the equalising MK goal because he said he'd asked the team to play so high up, so it may be he is simply following instructions. It has been pretty effective so far.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd go with this too to give us that bit more solidarity certainly away from home.

Menig could definitely give us something from the bench though if we are looking for a goal late on anykind of creative spark.

To be fair to Menig the English 3rd tier is probably as different from the Dutch top flight as it’s possible to be in terms of the style and pace of the game. He’s got enough talent to get there but it may take a while.

13 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

To be fair to Menig the English 3rd tier is probably as different from the Dutch top flight as it’s possible to be in terms of the style and pace of the game. He’s got enough talent to get there but it may take a while.

I'm sure he has and in time we will see this, which is why maybe for now atleast we will see him from the bench making an impact from there.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm sure he has and in time we will see this, which is why maybe for now atleast we will see him from the bench making an impact from there.

Best player first half at MK imo. A constant threat down the left and had the beating of the full back easily. He starts for me. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It was hardly a tap in!

It was a great finish!! He showed strength to hold off the last man and the finish was superb, very well struck.

I have said it before and i will say it again, there is a good player in Hollaway.

1 hour ago, singe said:

In his post match interview the other day RW blamed himself for the equalising MK goal because he said he'd asked the team to play so high up, so it may be he is simply following instructions. It has been pretty effective so far.

I thought he said they dropped too deep late on Singe?

Edited by BP1960